Brisbane Broncos 2021

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Brisbane Broncos 2021

Post by BadnMean »

Jack was throwing punches and headbutts at multiple people on the street in a violent drunken rampage really. He's just lucky he was so drunk they did very little damage. Whether that "happens every week" is immaterial because if some idiot threw 2 punches and a headbutt at me on any given Saturday night I'd quite like the law to punish it no matter what week it was.

Haas didn't hit anyone. That's a huge difference. Neither was good, both deserve punishment but legallly and in terms of potential impact, there's every reason Haas should get a lighter punishment than Jack on that one.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I don’t think he didn’t do damage with his punches and headbutts “because he was so drunk” he didn’t do damage because they were the only half hearted and intending to intimidate NOT actually to do damage.

Surely you’ve seen really drunk people who are good fighters. Despite being almost unable to stand they can really rough up and do damage to bouncers and patrons.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane Broncos forward Payne Haas fined $50,000 and suspended for three matches, after pleading guilty to intimidating police

The National Rugby League has today issued Brisbane Broncos player Payne Haas with a breach notice after he pleaded guilty to two counts of intimidating NSW Police.

The breach notice proposes Haas be fined the maximum of $50,000 and be suspended for 3 matches. He must also complete an appropriate education program and complete community service as directed by the NRL.

The financial penalty of $50,000 is the highest fine allowed for a player under NRL Rules. In consultation with the Rugby League Players Association (RLPA) the NRL will review maximum financial penalties moving forward to ensure they act as an appropriate deterrent to all players.

NRL Chief Executive Andrew Abdo said the game had no tolerance for players abusing or intimidating police.

“Payne’s conduct was unacceptable. There are no excuses for any form of abuse towards our police force. Any player who intimidates police will be dealt with severely,’’ he said.

“As part of his sanction, Payne is required to participate in an appropriate education program and engage in community service as directed by the NRL. It’s important our sanctions are two-fold – they must act as a deterrent but also have an element of education and rehabilitation so players who are in trouble can learn from their mistakes and develop into better young men.

“Although most of our players are outstanding role models in the community, we need to do more to ensure better decision making and accountability among our playing group. We will be reviewing our education programmes and also reviewing our financial penalties, in conjunction with the RLPA, to ensure that we are doing all we can to eliminate instances where the players let themselves and the community down.”

NRL media release

Haas fined $50,000, banned three games for intimidating police: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/08/haa ... ng-police/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coach Kevin Walters says Brisbane Broncos ‘don’t have a behavioural issue’

Kevin Walters says the Broncos do not have a behavioural problem despite a string of off-field incidents over the last year, including the latest involving his star forward Payne Haas. “We don’t have a behavioural issue here,” he told media on Monday.

Two of the last three incidents have involved alcohol, but when asked whether he’d consider a booze ban, Walters responded with: “No, not a fan of that.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e8193866f2
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

What’s the first step in solving a problem again? Admitting you have a problem?...
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

gangrenous wrote: February 9, 2021, 5:55 am What’s the first step in solving a problem again? Admitting you have a problem?...
no the first step is not employing kevin walters
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Very pumped about the Kevin Walters era
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Kevin Walters has walked into a hot fire garbage.

The only thing that may save the Donkeys from back to back spoons is StGeorge Illawarra..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Botman wrote: February 9, 2021, 11:18 am Very pumped about the Kevin Walters era
absolutely, a terrific appointment from my point of view...
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

kiwi raider wrote:
Botman wrote: February 9, 2021, 11:18 am Very pumped about the Kevin Walters era
I’m not happy with it, I was quite content with Seibold at the wheel.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Sid wrote: February 9, 2021, 6:00 pm
kiwi raider wrote:
I’m not happy with it, I was quite content with Seibold at the wheel.
I know it's hard to imagine it, but i really think Kevy might be able to dial this up to 11.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I don't know that 2020 can be topped for the Broncos. But geez it would be delightful for a repeat. i.e. dumpster fire; imploding team, crowds and fans; best players abandoning the club; off field indiscretions... all on HD on Friday nights.

Shirley the rugby league gods can't deliver two years in a row.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

When i say dail this up to 11, i dont mean worse than 2020. You literally cant do worse... what i mean by that, is i think this has HIGH potential to cement the Broncos into a solid period of 4-5 years of total and complete incompetence and irrelevance.

Seibold laid the foundation, and i think kevy is ready to build on it
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Broncos won’t be amazing, but they could get on a roll after a few wins and they will certainly have a fire to prove people wrong.

Whenever Raiders had a poor season they would cop a heap in the media but have a hard working off season and come out focused. Broncos have the talent to make the bottom half of the 8.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ... why you gotta be like that mate?

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Look at this open to the season:
Eels
Titans
Dogs
Storm
Rabbitohs
Panthers
Eels
Titans

At best I'm thinking 4/8. Realistically I think 1/8.
They start the season without Haas and Staggs. This should be another great year for rugby league.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

zim wrote: February 9, 2021, 9:32 pm Look at this open to the season:
Eels
Titans
Dogs
Storm
Rabbitohs
Panthers
Eels
Titans

They start the season without Haas and Staggs. This should be another great year for rugby league.
Looks like Titans are my 2nd favourite team in opening 8 rounds.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gergreg wrote:BJ... why you gotta be like that mate?

I’m trying to temper my hopes for another dismal Broncos season.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Northern Raider wrote: February 9, 2021, 9:38 pm
zim wrote: February 9, 2021, 9:32 pm Look at this open to the season:
Eels
Titans
Dogs
Storm
Rabbitohs
Panthers
Eels
Titans

Looks like Titans are my 2nd favourite team in opening 8 rounds.
That Round 8 clash will be a belter. Full Suncorp stadium with Haas vs Tino. Fifita vs the Broncos. TPJ probably just back from a round 2 suspension.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Minimum cap cost for Cameron Smith of $500,000 in 2021

The NRL will refuse to register any new deal for Cameron Smith unless the Broncos or Titans pay at least $500,000 to secure the Storm champion’s services. The NRL’s salary-cap team have privately contacted Broncos and Titans chiefs to advise the Queensland rivals there will be no salary-cap concessions or cut-price contracts.

Read more: https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... bc6eef7914

So they're saying he's worth 750,000 for a full year... cheap, compared to what he was supposed to have been on at the Storm ($1 million, less long term player discount for cap purposes). Nothing to see here... sure!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

We will not register him for a cent less than this cut price value we already agreed with you behind closed doors! Not a cent less you hear me!

*waits for C Smith to get registered at exactly 500k*
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: February 22, 2021, 5:04 pm We will not register him for a cent less than this cut price value we already agreed with you behind closed doors! Not a cent less you hear me!

*waits for C Smith to get registered at exactly 500k*
And of course the Broncos won’t have any third party deals. NONE! If you have got a problem... speak to Andrew Gee!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Corey Parker lifts the lid on his ‘disappointing’ sacking from Walters’ Brisbane Broncos coaching panel

Corey Parker has opened up on his “strange” axing from the Broncos coaching staff, citing a snub from Kevin Walters as the most hurtful element of his sacking.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 4b6b92899e
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Show some RESPECT Kevie.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha that's EXACTLY the type of headline I want to see more of during the Kevvie Era!
BJ
Steve Walters

Brisbane Broncos 2021

Post by BJ »

If Corey Parker ever demonstrated his ability to analyse rugby league I’d be shocked at his sacking.

You only have to watch his tired and cliched analysis of Raiders games to know he doesn’t have an original thought or insight in his head.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: February 24, 2021, 9:01 am If Corey Parker ever demonstrated his ability to analyse rugby league I’d be shocked at his sacking.

You only have to watch his tired and cliched analysis of Raiders games to know he doesn’t have an original thought or insight in his head.
Indeed. Begs the question of why he was there in the first place. Almost as bad as hiring Justin Hodges as a coach.

Still, finding out you've been sacked by simply not being invited back to training is a bit odd...as is the fact he didn't appear have any sort of contract in place before Christmas and just assumed his services were required. :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: February 24, 2021, 9:09 am
BJ wrote: February 24, 2021, 9:01 am If Corey Parker ever demonstrated his ability to analyse rugby league I’d be shocked at his sacking.

Indeed. Begs the question of why he was there in the first place. Almost as bad as hiring Justin Hodges as a coach.

Still, finding out you've been sacked by simply not being invited back to training is a bit odd...as is the fact he didn't appear have any sort of contract in place before Christmas and just assumed his services were required. :lol:
Corey: "Hi mate, when did you need me back at training?"
Kevvie: "What does it say in your contract?"
Corey: "I don't have a contract."
Kevvie: "Well there's your answer."
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Northern Raider wrote: February 24, 2021, 12:50 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: February 24, 2021, 9:09 am

Corey: "Hi mate, when did you need me back at training?"
Kevvie: "What does it say in your contract?"
Corey: "I don't have a contract."
Kevvie: "Well there's your answer."
Yeah, pretty much. :lol: It all seemed a bit loose.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Seiffert82 wrote:

Pretty obvious why he was still getting paid by the Broncos since he retired. Big hint...it’s not for his coaching ability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RTW wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:

Pretty obvious why he was still getting paid by the Broncos since he retired. Big hint...it’s not for his coaching ability

So he wasn’t being paid for his “coaching expertise” I guess. Was he being paid by Fox Sports for his “commentary expertise”?

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
RTW wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:

Still, finding out you've been sacked by simply not being invited back to training is a bit odd...as is the fact he didn't appear have any sort of contract in place before Christmas and just assumed his services were required. Image

So he wasn’t being paid for his “coaching expertise” I guess. Was he being paid by Fox Sports for his “commentary expertise”?

Must say I loved his player to watch segment. Except when there were no QLDers to select and he started reaching for QLD links in the cheergirls.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

RTW wrote: February 24, 2021, 7:51 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:

Yeah, on reflection the whole thing smells dodgy.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Seiffert82 wrote:
RTW wrote: February 24, 2021, 7:51 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:

Still, finding out you've been sacked by simply not being invited back to training is a bit odd...as is the fact he didn't appear have any sort of contract in place before Christmas and just assumed his services were required. Image

Yeah, on reflection the whole thing smells dodgy.
This should not come as a surprise to anybody on this site. I've been frothing at the mouth about this club and these issues for the last five years.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Broncos great in pub fight with Walters' assistant

Broncos coach Kevin Walters has hosed down claims the club is at war following reports of a pub altercation between his assistant, John Cartwright, and Broncos legend Chris Johns.

Johns confirmed he and Cartwright were involved in an incident late last year just weeks into Walters' tenure at Red Hill.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-brisba ... cial-NRLFS

Hahahahahaha, HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!!