South Sydney Rabbitohs 2020

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: South Sydney Rabbitohs 2020

Post by greeneyed »

Wayne Bennett to hand reins at South Sydney Rabbitohs to Jason Demetriou in 2022

The legendary coaching career of Wayne Bennett could come to an end in two years after South Sydney confirmed assistant coach Jason Demetriou has re-signed with the club with a view to succeed the super coach from 2022.

The Rabbitohs announced the contract extension for Demetriou in a statement on Friday and detailed the intention for the assistant to take over from Bennett in the head coaching role leading into the 2022 season.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/21/rab ... nett-life/

Long time to sit around waiting!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Those plans never seem to end well.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Watch for Bennett to steadily dismantle everything in 2021. He's got a great track record of setting up the failure of his successor.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

South Sydney Rabbitohs 2020

Post by Sid »

Northern Raider wrote:Watch for Bennett to steadily dismantle everything in 2021. He's got a great track record of setting up the failure of his successor.

Spot on. This time he’ll be retiring rather than heading to an opposition club, but I reckon Bennett is gonna Bennett
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I dunno, I reckon if Holbrook doesn't get any improvement out of the titans by the end of next season Bennett may end up there

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-TW- wrote: February 21, 2020, 2:34 pm I dunno, I reckon if Holbrook doesn't get any improvement out of the titans by the end of next season Bennett may end up there
Bennett isn't that silly.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

He should have given it away 10 years ago.

Can't stand him really.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Geez Mitchell looks fat in the shield game.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The media love Mitchell

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Mitchell is fat and overrated.

Cook saying he may walk away from the game - hope he does ! Overrated fat big mouth
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:Mitchell is fat and overrated.

Cook saying he may walk away from the game - hope he does ! Overrated fat big mouth
For his long term rugby league future Mitchell should have taken a smaller contract for a few years outside the Sydney bubble and concentrated on football and family. He will be mentally better for this for life.

Imagine if he worked on youth support with Alan Tongue or Thurston for a few years whilst playing football. Imagine the leader of Indigenous men he could become.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BJ wrote: March 30, 2020, 11:51 am

For his long term rugby league future Mitchell should have taken a smaller contract for a few years outside the Sydney bubble and concentrated on football and family. He will be mentally better for this for life.

Imagine if he worked on youth support with Alan Tongue or Thurston for a few years whilst playing football. Imagine the leader of Indigenous men he could become.
Consider the new NRL ad put him right in the spotlight as the role model for indigenous players. Very ordinary choice there.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

This guy is a great talent and killed us last year with one great pass. I actually hoped he would join us when BJ had his troubles. But he is always the first to whinge - and I'm sick and tired of hearing him complaining and whingeing. Cmon Latrell, you are getting paid $650,000 a year, more for advertising, the fact that you are not on $800,000 is your own doing, you could have earned more at Wests Tigers over $1 million, you are at a club that you like and in a position you want to play in, even though you are unfit and unsuited at this stage for the position. Stop whingeing or threatening walking away - earn your money
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:This guy is a great talent and killed us last year with one great pass. I actually hoped he would join us when BJ had his troubles. But he is always the first to whinge - and I'm sick and tired of hearing him complaining and whingeing. Cmon Latrell, you are getting paid $650,000 a year, more for advertising, the fact that you are not on $800,000 is your own doing, you could have earned more at Wests Tigers over $1 million, you are at a club that you like and in a position you want to play in, even though you are unfit and unsuited at this stage for the position. Stop whingeing or threatening walking away - earn your money

In fairness it was Cook that expressed that opinion and Latrell has every right to walk away from rugby league, didn’t he sign a one year deal?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Northern Raider wrote: March 30, 2020, 2:01 pm
BJ wrote: March 30, 2020, 11:51 am

Consider the new NRL ad put him right in the spotlight as the role model for indigenous players. Very ordinary choice there.
It absolutely beggars belief.

That frikken flag! He walked out on his club and shopped himself around like a proverbial. Super talented, but dumb and lazy. Great role model...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Mitchell's problem is the same one that has faced many players... he's a centre and they aren't paid the same way as spine players are so he wanted to move

I dont think he's unfit, he could move back to centre and be a dominat player there without batting an eye, but fullback is a totally different position. You cant just chuck an athlete back there, even a fit one and exepct they'll do well. Just another in a long line of outside backs who want to be a fullback because of the pay packet it brings, but just isnt one.

I have no doubt Mitchell could be fitter, but he's not unfit. He's just not a fullback. And he has to come to terms with that and focus on being the best centre he can be

Never forget that fat overrated player crushed our dreams last year, so lets know our **** place here a little.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

If Mitchell's current fitness isn't an issue, then I question Bennett's tactic of not playing a fullback for a full 80 mins or giving Mitchell a higher work rate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I don't know whether it's a lack of fitness for specifically the fullback position, laziness or just not knowing the intricacies of the fullback position - or all of the above. But I don't think he can make the switch. He is arguably the best centre in the game when he pulls his finger out - but that isn't often enough. Manu is a better all round player from a consistency perspective.

Edit. Instead of switching him to the spine (5/8 last year and fullback this year) coaches should be motivating him to become the best centre in the game before moving him, instead of pandering to his Bull.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

South Sydney Rabbitohs player James Roberts checks into rehab centre

South Sydney star James Roberts has reportedly checked into a rehab facility. The NSW Origin centre admitted himself to a rehab clinic a fortnight ago after discussions with the club. It’s his third visit to a rehabilitation facility.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c2f10e2063

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/12/jam ... -concerns/
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Latrell's main symptom is a lack of effort and mental application. His mind isn't on the job. If someone like maybe Wayne Bennett, can help him come back to earth and address whatever the cause of the problem is, maybe he has a chance of a long successful NRL career. He has all the raw materials and is over qualified as a centre.

I was going to suggest the Titans are probably the next club to sign him on a big contract, but even Mal has had a gutfull of the kid.

What he did the other week was just embarrassing, selfish and idiotic, especially given how crucial this season and the next are for his longevity in the NRL.

He hasn't genuinely turned up to play since he bullied the West Tigers 12 months ago. Something's wrong in his head and I hope it gets addressed.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:South Sydney Rabbitohs player James Roberts checks into rehab centre

South Sydney star James Roberts has reportedly checked into a rehab facility. The NSW Origin centre admitted himself to a rehab clinic a fortnight ago after discussions with the club. It’s his third visit to a rehabilitation facility.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c2f10e2063

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/12/jam ... -concerns/
"More speed than Oxford street"

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘I wanna fight you one on one Cody’: Police launch probe into wild brawl footage of South Sydney Rabbitohs half Cody Walker

NSW Police have launched a probe into Cody Walker which shows the Rabbitohs playmaker allegedly kicking a man during a fight in a northern NSW town. Walker has told police that he is being blackmailed for $20,000 over the video that allegedly shows him kicking a man.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 667324838d

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1042796
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Wayne Bennett's legendary man management skills shining at Souffs.

Extortion isn't ok.

Street brawls are not ok.

Did Souffs/Walker inform the NRL integrity commission last year when this happened? Or sit and hope it never came out?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cody Walker banned two games for kicking incident, South Sydney Rabbitohs cop hefty fine

South Sydney star Cody Walker has been suspended for two matches and the Rabbitohs have been hit with a $20,000 fine for failing to inform the NRL of his involvement in an off-field incident in December. Walker has also been served a suspended $15,000 fine.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/22/wal ... efty-fine/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

On a roll at Redfern..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cameron Murray signs South Sydney Rabbitohs contract extension until end of 2025

South Sydney have secured a major coup by extending Cameron Murray's contract until the end of 2025.

“It’s very exciting for me and a great relief to have a large chunk of my future sorted now, and to know it will be at this club that I love is very special for me and my family,” Murray said. "I’ve grown up in South Sydney, played my first rep games as a kid in a red and green jersey, and now I get to live my dream every day representing the Rabbitohs.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/27/mur ... -of-20252/

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/ ... ason-2025/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘I'm still allowed to eat’: Wayne Bennett banned over COVID-19 breach

South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett will reportedly be stood down from Friday night’s grudge match with the Brisbane Broncos after he breached the NRL's strict biosecurity rules. Bennett was spotted by a patron at the Sydney restaurant, Grappa, on Wednesday with a female companion.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d8394ea0da
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I thought the phrase was "Big dogs gotta eat".
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

A female companion ?

There's one in every suburb.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL hands down fines for biosecurity breaches

The NRL have issued breach notices proposing fines to Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett, Dragons prop Paul Vaughan and three members of the Broncos coaching staff including Allan Langer for breaking biosecurity protocols.

The breach notices propose that Bennett be fined $20,000, to be paid in full, Vaughan be fined $10,000, to be paid in full and three members of the Broncos coaching staff be fined $5,000 each, to be paid in full.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/07/lan ... ty-breach/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

What's news in Redfern today ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:What's news in Redfern today ?
usual

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: October 2, 2020, 5:23 pm
usual

That's what I'm hearing..
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Battle of Redfern vs Minerals Council?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

Would make a good movie.