Cronulla Sharks 2020

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Cronulla Sharks 2020

Post by greeneyed »

NRL ‘will investigate Sharks’ as Xerri’s cocktail of drugs likened to Ben Johnson

Bronson Xerri’s positive test for a cocktail of performance-enhancing drugs is likely to spark an investigation into the Cronulla Sharks.

”There’s no doubt the NRL will investigate the Sharks,” Paul Kent said. they have to. They’re a club who a few years ago were engulfed in a drugs scandal. For the integrity of the sport, they have to do it. After the B sample comes back they'll launch an investigation into the Sharks.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a433e945f6

‘Trying to create headlines’: Gallen unleashes on ASADA over Xerri bombshell: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5eaef20bb0
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Was just waiting for Paul Gallen to come and tell us his views on drug cheating! Never disappoints!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:Was just waiting for Paul Gallen to come and tell us his views on drug cheating! Never disappoints!
You don’t strike me as one of these people who thinks everyone’s opinion is equal GE! I think you have a healthy respect for experts.

So we should hear from an expert in this area don’t you think? Image
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

When they get a "hit" WADA usually target testing to see if they can turn up a pattern or systemic issue at an organisation. I don't really think the Sharks would be dumb enough to do it again- they are close to the brink as it is. Probably just a lone idiot at this stage.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BadnMean wrote: May 27, 2020, 1:36 pm When they get a "hit" WADA usually target testing to see if they can turn up a pattern or systemic issue at an organisation. I don't really think the Sharks would be dumb enough to do it again- they are close to the brink as it is. Probably just a lone idiot at this stage.
Gut feel says this is an individual issue. Starts off using it for injury recovery then snowballs from there.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: May 27, 2020, 1:20 pm
greeneyed wrote:Was just waiting for Paul Gallen to come and tell us his views on drug cheating! Never disappoints!
You don’t strike me as one of these people who thinks everyone’s opinion is equal GE! I think you have a healthy respect for experts.

So we should hear from an expert in this area don’t you think? Image
Bring in Rodney Howe to form an expert panel to share opinions. Add some special comments from Lance Armstrong and Sun Yang on methods to avoid positive tests.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: May 27, 2020, 1:45 pm
BadnMean wrote: May 27, 2020, 1:36 pm When they get a "hit" WADA usually target testing to see if they can turn up a pattern or systemic issue at an organisation. I don't really think the Sharks would be dumb enough to do it again- they are close to the brink as it is. Probably just a lone idiot at this stage.
Gut feel says this is an individual issue. Starts off using it for injury recovery then snowballs from there.
They got the hit several months ago so they've had plenty of time to test around it. It would be weird to drip feed the results wouldn't it, instead of just announcing them all in one go.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I actually agree with Gallen that Sharks probably wouldn’t have released Morris to Roosters if they’d been informed about Xerri by ASADA in a more timely fashion.

Not agreeing with much other stuff from Paul Gallen.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: May 27, 2020, 8:49 am Word is he'll get a 4 year ban, backdated to June 2016.
Three weeks on the sidelines. Seems fair.
Yeah but hardly fair for the rest of us having to listen to you bang on about if for the next 20 years Image

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: May 27, 2020, 2:25 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: May 27, 2020, 8:49 am Word is he'll get a 4 year ban, backdated to June 2016.
Yeah but hardly fair for the rest of us having to listen to you bang on about if for the next 20 years Image

Never gets old!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: May 27, 2020, 2:25 pm
greeneyed wrote:

I only bring it up because I'm still astounded by that decision. Never seen anything like it before or since.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sharks whistleblower alerted ASADA to Xerri’s alleged steroid use

Sharks young gun Bronson Xerri was specifically targeted by ASADA after an anonymous tip suggested the rookie had been using performance enhancing substances for years.

Fox Sports has learned question marks about Xerri’s alleged use of performance enhancing supplements was an open secret in the Cronulla junior system.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 422a190688

Xerri 'devastated' over failed ASADA drugs test: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/26/xer ... mediately/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

:lol: