Brisbane Broncos 2020

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: Brisbane Broncos 2020

Post by Rick »

Bet this all gets swept under the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Rick wrote: August 25, 2020, 10:38 am Bet this all gets swept under the carpet.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how they handle this now the cat is out of the bag.

If what has been alleged is true, it's essentially a brown paper bag of cash organised by the club (contrary to the
TPA rules) and a clear systematic rorting of the salary cap. It's as blatant as it gets.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 25, 2020, 11:38 am

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how they handle this now the cat is out of the bag.

If what has been alleged is true, it's essentially a brown paper bag of cash organised by the club (contrary to the
TPA rules) and a clear systematic rorting of the salary cap. It's as blatant as it gets.
With Pangai blowing the whistle it's going to be a lot harder for the NRL to let this one slide like they did with the Andrew Gee situation. Also with the Broncos stinking it up in every aspect they're not the same cash cow for the NRL as before.

For comparison this is more like the Eels cap breaches which were TPA payment related rather than the Storm which was secret ledger stuff.

Interesting side note. If TPJ has shown he's willing to spill the beans on his club when aggrieved you can put a line through the Roosters as a potential landing spot.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Northern Raider wrote: August 25, 2020, 12:50 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: August 25, 2020, 11:38 am

With Pangai blowing the whistle it's going to be a lot harder for the NRL to let this one slide like they did with the Andrew Gee situation. Also with the Broncos stinking it up in every aspect they're not the same cash cow for the NRL as before.

For comparison this is more like the Eels cap breaches which were TPA payment related rather than the Storm which was secret ledger stuff.

Interesting side note. If TPJ has shown he's willing to spill the beans on his club when aggrieved you can put a line through the Roosters as a potential landing spot.
:lol: indeed. Big red flags for uncle Nick.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Broncos to receive some meaningless penalty like having their points stripped for 2020 no doubt
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:Broncos to receive some meaningless penalty like having their points stripped for 2020 no doubt
If it's anything like normal NRL transmission nothing will happen, absolutely nothing. Then the NRL will come down hard on 4 other clubs for being 20k over.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 25, 2020, 7:02 pm
gangrenous wrote:Broncos to receive some meaningless penalty like having their points stripped for 2020 no doubt
If it's anything like normal NRL transmission nothing will happen, absolutely nothing. Then the NRL will come down hard on 4 other clubs for being 20k over.

I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with you gergreg.
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

greeneyed wrote: August 25, 2020, 7:21 pm

Agreed, and around we go. The more things change the more they stay the same. Nothing will ever change until the the NRL change the way player payments work. The TPA system is asking to be rorted and the penalties are inconsistent.

You have loose systems with a governing body that won't effectively disincentivize cheating and you get what you deserve.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finite wrote: August 25, 2020, 7:43 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 25, 2020, 7:21 pm

Agreed, and around we go. The more things change the more they stay the same. Nothing will ever change until the the NRL change the way player payments work. The TPA system is asking to be rorted and the penalties are inconsistent.

You have loose systems with a governing body that won't effectively disincentivize cheating and you get what you deserve.
Finite... I like seeing the "old" posters posting! And I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with you. I have been writing about this for a long time. And we seem to take one step forward, and two steps back. Looks like the topic for this week's TGE.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

TPAs remain the most exploitable loophole in the NRL. Not sure anything will change either. While V'landys is the right person to drive the game forward I don't see any motivation for him to address this part. He views things from a purely commercial level. He won't care about perceptions of fairness and equity provided the the NRL succeeds in a business landscape.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Good morning Donkeys..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Awaiting the live pressa with Anthony Seibold.

Is it too early for popcorn ?
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I hope he delivers a wolf of wall street type speech

"You know what? I’m not leaving. I’m not leaving… I’m not f****** leaving!

THE SHOW GOES ON!"

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Anthony Seibold officially steps down as Brisbane Broncos coach

Anthony Seibold has officially stepped down, effective immediately, as Broncos coach.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/26/sei ... m-broncos/

Brisbane Broncos club statement

Anthony Seibold has chosen to step down from the Broncos Coaching role, effective immediately.

Broncos CEO Paul White said: “As you are aware, Anthony spent the last two weeks in home isolation after having to step out of the Project Apollo bubble for a serious family matter.

“During that time, Anthony has reflected on his role at the Broncos and the impact it is having on his life away from rugby league.

“As a result, Anthony approached Chairman Karl Morris late last week to indicate he did not wish to continue as Coach of the Brisbane Broncos.

“The Board understands Anthony’s situation and has accepted his wishes to step down from the position.

“The role as coach of the Broncos is one of the most high-profile and high-pressure in Australian sport, and Anthony has performed admirably since starting in late 2018.

“But the levels of scrutiny – some of it bordering on hysterical, if not slanderous in recent times – have placed a heavy burden on Anthony and his family.

“As a Club, we have endeavoured to support Anthony and his loved ones through all of this.

“But at the end of the day only Anthony can understand what it is like to walk in the shoes of a Broncos Coach, and live with he highs and lows of the role.

“On a personal note, I would like to thank Anthony for the tremendous amount of effort and diligence he has poured into the job during his time at the Broncos.

“He can certainly coach, he will coach again, and he is also a very good man.

“He has always acted with the utmost professionalism and ushered in a new generation of stars who will become household names for our Club in the future.

“As a Club, we wish Anthony and his family all the best in the future.

“For the remainder of the season, Peter Gentle will continue to coach the team, as he has done for the past fortnight.

“The Board will begin the search for a new coach immediately but we will not place a timeline on that process.”

Anthony Seibold, who addressed players and staff this morning before speaking with media, said: “Last week, I made the decision to finish my tenure as coach of the Brisbane Broncos. Today, I am announcing that I will be stepping down from the role immediately.

“I was honoured to be appointed Brisbane Broncos coach at the end of 2018. This was the club where I started my Rugby League journey as a young man and it’s a club that I have always admired.

“For many reasons, my time at the Broncos did not work out as we had all hoped. But that’s sport. We love sport because it’s full of uncertainty. And rugby league seems to throw up uncertainty better than any sport I know.

“People ask me if there are things I’d change about the last two seasons. None of that matters right now.

“I gave it my best at the Broncos and I am responsible for where we currently are. Head coaches know that there is no finger-pointing and no deflection of blame when a club struggles.

“These events haven’t dampened my enthusiasm for coaching or wanting to help others achieve. In fact, they have made me more determined. Head coaching in the NRL isn’t for the faint of heart. I know that. And I know that I’ll be a better coach, a better leader and a better person for all that I have learnt over these last three seasons at South Sydney and Brisbane.

“I have very much appreciated the messages of support from many people over the last two weeks. I want to thank them, and I want to let them know that I’m doing ok.

“I have appreciated the opportunity to coach the Broncos. I thank Karl Morris and Paul White for their work and their advice throughout my time here. They run a very successful club and they should be proud of what the Broncos achieve in shaping so many lives for the better across Queensland. This club is more than what happens on the football field and I’ve been privileged to see that up close.

“I thank the Broncos fans. I’ve had plenty of well-wishers and I’ve had plenty who haven’t been as impressed. Sport only succeeds because of the passion of the fans. Without them, we have nothing.

“Most of all, I’m appreciative of the opportunity to be a football coach, working with young men towards a common goal. I thank my players over these last two seasons for their effort, for their camaraderie and for their passion for playing football. Our game is a brutal game physically.

“I take pride in the fact I have given NRL debuts to twelve young men over the past thirty-eight games that I have been Head Coach of the Broncos. There were also another eight players with less than twelve games when I arrived and to see many of them develop over this period into NRL players and in some cases representative players has made the many personal challenges very worthwhile.”
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

No ones asking the big questions here..

The release of Josh Maguire, Kodi Nikorima and many many others.

They're salary cap is a disaster.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Q. Was Anthony Seibold sacked or did he stand down ?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: August 26, 2020, 10:05 am Q. Was Anthony Seibold sacked or did he stand down ?
He was pushed to stand down by the looks.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Good morning Donkeys..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:Q. Was Anthony Seibold sacked or did he stand down ?
Yes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Broncos ban Pangai for season but forward avoids the sack

Tevita Pangai jnr has been suspended by the Broncos for the rest of the season without pay and he will be able to play with the club in 2021 provided he fulfils certain conditions.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/31/bro ... orkContent

TPJ stood down by broncos for the rest of his season without pay, not sure if that includes his illegal 3rd party or not

Must fulfil a list of conditions to be able to play for them again next season including "stop leaking illegal 3rd party payments to the integrity unit"

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It's been a couple of days so...

Good evening Donkeys.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

First season they’ve lost twice to the Titans
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

We need these Gumbys to beat Parra? Forget it.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Good morning Donkeys..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PJ. I think you missed an opportunity. It should be 'Good morning *record breaking* Donkeys'.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The 2020 Donkeys are certainly my favourite Broncos team of all time
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 13, 2020, 10:22 pm The 2020 Donkeys are certainly my favourite Broncos team of all time
I'll never forget 2020..

Coronavirus
Turning 50
Donkeys

It's been a ride..

Oh..good morning Donkeys.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote: September 14, 2020, 6:53 am
Dr Zaius wrote: September 13, 2020, 10:22 pm The 2020 Donkeys are certainly my favourite Broncos team of all time
I'll never forget 2020..

Coronavirus
Turning 50
Donkeys

It's been a ride..

You don't look a day over 25!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: September 14, 2020, 9:55 am
-PJ- wrote: September 14, 2020, 6:53 am
I'll never forget 2020..

Coronavirus
Turning 50
Donkeys

It's been a ride..

You don't look a day over 25!
Good quality moisturiser rep..no cheap stuff.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:The 2020 Donkeys are certainly my favourite Broncos team of all time
The only way I could love them anymore would be if they could beat the eels next week
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: September 14, 2020, 1:18 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:The 2020 Donkeys are certainly my favourite Broncos team of all time
The only way I could love them anymore would be if they could beat the eels next week
I had been cheering for a Dogs win so Broncos would get the spoon. Priorities have since changed and I'm a big Broncos fan this week. Go Donkeys!!!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: September 14, 2020, 3:08 pm
I had been cheering for a Dogs win so Broncos would get the spoon. Priorities have since changed and I'm a big Broncos fan this week. Go Donkeys!!!!
Haha me too, **** bulldogs have had enough **** chances... Let's go Broncos!!

*starts doing aggressive fist-pumping dance*
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'll allow a Donkeys victory..but just one.

Sorry Doggies but we have priorities.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: September 14, 2020, 3:08 pm
Haha me too, **** bulldogs have had enough **** chances... Let's go Broncos!!

*starts doing aggressive fist-pumping dance*
Da Dada da Dada da da dada Da