2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6806
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by zim » August 16, 2019, 10:55 pm

greeneyed wrote:
August 16, 2019, 8:30 pm
This Turpin is a dirty little player isn’t he?
He's been doing that kind of stuff for weeks and just a whisker away from something worse. Finally got his timing wrong when he went to the bin.

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15297
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by yeh raiders » August 17, 2019, 12:39 am

Northern Raider wrote:
August 16, 2019, 10:29 pm
greeneyed wrote:
August 16, 2019, 9:49 pm
Pangai should spend some time on the sidelines too.
Calssic stupid play by TPJ. Game was over and he goes and puts the crusher on Maloney. He might have a couple of weeks on the sideline to contemplate it.
Did you watch Gould’s post-match summary of Rugby League.

Predicts it’ll be dead in 20 years due to lawyers and doctors. Wasn’t happy with TPJ getting punished, as he believes the NRL is too harsh on aggression.

I can certainly see sense in the fear that the game may not survive, but I don’t think a 115kg monster mistiming a tackle to make dangerous contact on a halves head/neck is good timing for his statements.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23066
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » August 17, 2019, 8:42 am

yeh raiders wrote:
August 17, 2019, 12:39 am
Northern Raider wrote:
August 16, 2019, 10:29 pm
greeneyed wrote:
August 16, 2019, 9:49 pm
Pangai should spend some time on the sidelines too.
Calssic stupid play by TPJ. Game was over and he goes and puts the crusher on Maloney. He might have a couple of weeks on the sideline to contemplate it.
Did you watch Gould’s post-match summary of Rugby League.

Predicts it’ll be dead in 20 years due to lawyers and doctors. Wasn’t happy with TPJ getting punished, as he believes the NRL is too harsh on aggression.

I can certainly see sense in the fear that the game may not survive, but I don’t think a 115kg monster mistiming a tackle to make dangerous contact on a halves head/neck is good timing for his statements.
I watch Fox so didn't hear Gould. Some of the 'late' hits being sin binned have been a bit OTT lately, like that Dogs player last week. The incident with TPJ was not a case of watering down aggression. That was dangerous.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7079
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by gergreg » August 17, 2019, 9:17 am

Yeah you can't just drop all your weight down on a players neck like that. Chambers copped 4 weeks (I think) for a crusher tackle where he just threw his legs out and dropped down on a players neck - against Parra from memory.
TPJ's was worse. He shouldn't play again this season. The NRL needs to come down hard on these grubs, and do it consistently.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15297
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by yeh raiders » August 17, 2019, 8:52 pm

I wish Foran wasn’t so fragile. Class player when he’s on

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9842
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by gangrenous » August 17, 2019, 9:12 pm

Rough on dogs there thought Gagai just put it down

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30386
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by -TW- » August 17, 2019, 9:16 pm

Dogs should hang on here, and do us a MASSIVE favour

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25572
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by PigRickman » August 17, 2019, 9:18 pm

That bet i was talking about a few weeks ago, where i needed the sharks to basically win out and i collect


yeah, no dice... i just got Dog'sd haha
**** me, how did this team win this many games?!
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
Makaveli
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5780
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Makaveli » August 17, 2019, 9:18 pm

Go the Dogs

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15297
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by yeh raiders » August 17, 2019, 9:20 pm

Dogs 2nd half has been outstanding.

Some typically average players really turned up and ripped in.

Suck it Bunnies and Burgess’s’s’s

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23066
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » August 18, 2019, 2:21 pm

Warriors up early against Rorters. Another upset wouldn't hurt.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23066
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » August 18, 2019, 4:24 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
August 18, 2019, 2:21 pm
Warriors up early against Rorters. Another upset wouldn't hurt.
Maybe not
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10395
Joined: March 10, 2012, 8:11 am
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Toviii » August 18, 2019, 4:41 pm

Going to be pretty hard to run down the roosters being two points ahead with their for and against


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15297
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by yeh raiders » August 18, 2019, 4:45 pm

This match is dreadful.

You cannot possibly fit the egos of Matt Moylan and Josh Dugan into a successful team.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7079
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by gergreg » August 18, 2019, 5:50 pm

Graham definitely touched that

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19484
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Dr Zaius » August 18, 2019, 5:52 pm

Toviii wrote:Going to be pretty hard to run down the roosters being two points ahead with their for and against


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Best we can hope for is third, knocking the Roosters off at the SCG and hosting a home prelim.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17847
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by -PJ- » August 18, 2019, 7:42 pm

Dr Zaius wrote:
August 18, 2019, 5:52 pm
Toviii wrote:Going to be pretty hard to run down the roosters being two points ahead with their for and against


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Best we can hope for is third, knocking the Roosters off at the SCG and hosting a home prelim.
Q. If we finish 3rd and get beaten in the qualifying final our 2nd bite is at home yes ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30386
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by -TW- » August 18, 2019, 7:51 pm

Yep, we get a home final in all possible circumstances

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Makaveli
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5780
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2019 NRL Round 22 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Makaveli » August 19, 2019, 8:07 am

gergreg wrote:
August 18, 2019, 5:50 pm
Graham definitely touched that

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Admitted it too in post match interview

Maxwell was a **** ref now applying his trade in the bunker

Post Reply