2019 NRL Round 21 - Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 NRL Round 21 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider »

Highly questionable sin bin IMO
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yeeeeah. Suck it Manly
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Northern Raider wrote: August 9, 2019, 7:47 pm Highly questionable sin bin IMO
Yup never changed his line just ran slow, is there a rule you have to run at 100% all the time?
And a try was never on cherry Evan's still got to the ball first and didn't score
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

That result was quite beneficial to us making the 4. Thanks Warriors!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It is truly impressive how many “professional” players don’t know the rules of the game.

Still, good job Warriors! That is huge for us!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Gonna cheer panthers, I’d rather meet them in the finals. Not that we should really be meeting either of them there hopefully!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Some classic refereeing moments in this game... where's Maka?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

I'm sick of talking about them

Sharks deserve to lose because of their **** goal kicking

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Warriors star Blake Green fumes at Adam Blair sin binning: ‘Just kick us out of the comp’

Warriors playmaker Blake Green has taken aim at the referees with an extraordinary spray after Adam Blair was sin-binned in their clash with Manly on Friday night.

As the bunker was looking at the play, Green could be heard yelling: “All this **** they throw at us. Just kick us out of the comp, man. Don’t even worry about it. There’s plenty of Australian teams.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8eef58b18d
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It really pissed me off when the commentators were criticising the refs for the Morris double movement.

They got it right by the rules of the game. If you don’t like it, talk about how you’d like to see the rule change. But stop giving the refs **** when the decision is correct. Because then we have some refs knowing the commentators are going to slam them trying to incorporate “an element of football” in their decisions, and then we get inconsistent interpretations because everyone’s “element of football” is different.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I didn't watch the Sharks/Panthers last night but while driving home from work they were talking about the Morris double movement.

Why was Penrith not given a penalty ?

Is it true that Morris got a play the ball ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

This one was a bit different because he got up to run again. So they’ve just ruled like they would have if it happened in general play and someone tried to play on when the ref deems them tackled and they just tell them to go back and play the ball.

It was all perfectly fine.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:This one was a bit different because he got up to run again. So they’ve just ruled like they would have if it happened in general play and someone tried to play on when the ref deems them tackled and they just tell them to go back and play the ball.

It was all perfectly fine.
It's the right call as far as common sense goes, but it was just a normal double movement and should have been a penalty if we're following the rules of the game.

I agree with your comment on the ref bashing from the commentators. Gus has been whinging about the double movement rule but I actually think it's an area the officials get completely correct. And that is because the rules are black and white. If you are tackled and the arm carrying the ball touches the ground (while you are held by the tackler) and you promote the ball, it is a double movement.

There is absolutely no reason to tinker with this rule. It's clear, simple and it works - so here is where the NRL jumps in and completely **** it up. And in 5 years time Gus will be howling about how the NRL has messed it up.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gergreg wrote:It's the right call as far as common sense goes, but it was just a normal double movement and should have been a penalty if we're following the rules of the game.
It’s not a normal double movement because he doesn’t just reach out, he’s getting up and playing on.

If the play is called live the ref yells held and he is told to retreat and play the ball. As there is no held call he is entitled to get up and play on.

When the video ref establishes the tackle was actually complete, the correct decision is to return it to that point as though the on field ref had called it live.

There is honestly absolutely nothing wrong with the call at all. The refs **** up enough without getting up in their grill when they’re right. (This paragraph is directed at the RL community not gerg)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The refs rarely call 'held' when a player is tackled to the ground. More commonly when a player is held up and wrestled.
I can see your point and like I said it is the sensible decision, where in that situation Morris probably didn't even realise there was a hand on him. But it is a double movement. He was trying to score, not get up and run again.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I didn't see it, but from the description it sounds exactly like the one Croker was penalised for a few years back
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Dr Zaius wrote:I didn't see it, but from the description it sounds exactly like the one Croker was penalised for a few years back
Yes against St George. Very inconsistent call on Croker that one.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Dr Zaius wrote:I didn't see it, but from the description it sounds exactly like the one Croker was penalised for a few years back
Exactly. Which was a bad decision.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

What the hell is the bunker looking at there? Vaughan is clearly in front of the kicker.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Again. It looks like Brimson gets his fingers to it. Bunker looks at it once and awards a try to Frizzell.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: August 10, 2019, 3:31 pm Again. It looks like Brimson gets his fingers to it. Bunker looks at it once and awards a try to Frizzell.

Nah, Brimson had an air swing
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yeah with NR on that. I think he touches it. But he doesn’t ground it.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I can accept it if he did indeed miss it, but surely the bunker needs to look at it more than once.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

What a dog of a game.

This Titans dragons game illustrates the vast difference between the good teams and the rest.

Titans have serious issues.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:I can accept it if he did indeed miss it, but surely the bunker needs to look at it more than once.

They do, the tv replays aren't what the bunker look at. The senior official will commentate over the tv replays but they have multiple other angles

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dragons declared early and Titans trying to chase down the score
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Crowd about 1500

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bryce Cartwright is a dead set hack. Man what a sell out

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Titans should just forfeit, they're wasting everyone's time

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked
-TW- wrote:Titans should just forfeit, they're wasting everyone's time

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dan Ginnane should be banned from commentary. He's awful. Sounds sloppy.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Eels would be happy how they dominated that half. Won't be happy that it's not reflected on the scoreboard. Should be more than 6 ahead.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

dubby wrote:Dan Ginnane should be banned from commentary. He's awful. Sounds sloppy.

Yeah. Nah... Wrong

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Subjective.
-TW- wrote:
dubby wrote:Dan Ginnane should be banned from commentary. He's awful. Sounds sloppy.

Yeah. Nah... Wrong

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

God I love Bankwest. What a wonderful stadium