2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Blues 13+
0
No votes
Blues 1-12
4
57%
Maroons 1-12
2
29%
Maroons 13+
1
14%
 
Total votes: 7

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3014
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » July 11, 2019, 9:07 am

Sid wrote:
July 11, 2019, 9:00 am
Billy Walker wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:54 am
If you picked the Kangaroos today who are your centres?
mine would be Tom T. and Wighton, however I could see Mal going with Tom T. and Mitchell and he wouldn't be wrong
I agree - surely Chambers is done and unlikely someone like Munster will be picked out of position. Jack is a big chance and deserves it!

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23263
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » July 11, 2019, 9:07 am

the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:59 am
So who’s Origin careers are over (or on life support)?
Crighton
Walker?
Morris
Wallace
Glasby
Chambers
Mbye


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Crighton - Would need some injuries to force his way back in. Only 23 so has time. Don't forget he play for Rooster so will always get attention.
Walker - As a starting half yes. May nab a bench utility role at best.
Morris - Yep, he's done.
Wallace - Should be finished but lack of depth for QLD might see him back.
Glasby - As above but he's ahead of Wallace.
Chambers - Only if they can find a replacement, which is the issue.
Mbye - Might be the end of him

I'll confidently add Daniel Saifiti to the list.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
the bone
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1776
Joined: September 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by the bone » July 11, 2019, 9:09 am

Sid wrote:
the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:33 am
Northern Raider wrote:
gergreg wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:01 am
Thankfully the refs put the whistle away in the second half and it ended up being a great half of footy. Somebody has to have said something to them at halftime.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
..or maybe both teams stopped pushing the limits.
Nothing changed from the players IMO, the refs put their whistles away. The first half refereeing seemed strangely tit-for-tat in terms of the penalties... my take was ol’ mate Gerard tried to stamp his authority with some really weak penalties early in the game.. he’d give the blues a cheap one, and then something similar to the maroons (or the maroons first then the blues). This, along with some penalties that were obvious/had no choice, added up and created a stop-start kind of game. Then as per most origins, the whistle went away.

It’s a hard one because in prior years the refs were far too lax... the line speed was outright Bull for a few series which led to some suffocating, grinding games. So I do support refs blowing the whistle, particularly for 10 metre infringements, but some of those penalties last night were especially weak, even by the standards of a regular NRL game.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
could be wrong, it was a long time ago and I was young.. but from memory the first time in particular the whistle was put away in Origin was around bill harrigan days? Players wouldn't have been expecting it as much so it was probably a reasonably clean free flowing game and the referees were applauded. The more the whistle has been put away for origin and finals, the more players have expected it and teams have worked out how to exploit it
Yep Harrigan was the first of the game-managing refs, but as you alluded to, you didn’t really notice teams exploiting this until later. My theory is the Storm masterminded this better than anyone, particularly once the rugby league fraternity got sick of their wrestling BS. Cameron Smith, arguably the GOAT... and by a country mile, the smartest player of all time


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
the bone
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1776
Joined: September 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by the bone » July 11, 2019, 9:13 am

Northern Raider wrote:
the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:59 am
So who’s Origin careers are over (or on life support)?
Crighton
Walker?
Morris
Wallace
Glasby
Chambers
Mbye


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Crighton - Would need some injuries to force his way back in. Only 23 so has time. Don't forget he play for Rooster so will always get attention.
Walker - As a starting half yes. May nab a bench utility role at best.
Morris - Yep, he's done.
Wallace - Should be finished but lack of depth for QLD might see him back.
Glasby - As above but he's ahead of Wallace.
Chambers - Only if they can find a replacement, which is the issue.
Mbye - Might be the end of him

I'll confidently add Daniel Saifiti to the list.
Yep I forgot Saifiti. He’ll be down the pecking order behind guys like Haas and TPJ


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23263
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » July 11, 2019, 9:21 am

the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 9:13 am
Northern Raider wrote:
the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:59 am
So who’s Origin careers are over (or on life support)?
Crighton
Walker?
Morris
Wallace
Glasby
Chambers
Mbye


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Crighton - Would need some injuries to force his way back in. Only 23 so has time. Don't forget he play for Rooster so will always get attention.
Walker - As a starting half yes. May nab a bench utility role at best.
Morris - Yep, he's done.
Wallace - Should be finished but lack of depth for QLD might see him back.
Glasby - As above but he's ahead of Wallace.
Chambers - Only if they can find a replacement, which is the issue.
Mbye - Might be the end of him

I'll confidently add Daniel Saifiti to the list.
Yep I forgot Saifiti. He’ll be down the pecking order behind guys like Haas and TPJ


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
4 ineffective hit ups doesn't quite cut it at this level.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23263
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » July 11, 2019, 9:23 am

I just looked at player stats. Tyson Frizell had 2 runs for 15m in 72 mins. Surely thats wrong!!
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7124
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Sid » July 11, 2019, 9:42 am

Northern Raider wrote:
July 11, 2019, 9:07 am
the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:59 am
So who’s Origin careers are over (or on life support)?
Crighton
Walker?
Morris
Wallace
Glasby
Chambers
Mbye


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Crighton - Would need some injuries to force his way back in. Only 23 so has time. Don't forget he play for Rooster so will always get attention.
Walker - As a starting half yes. May nab a bench utility role at best.
Morris - Yep, he's done.
Wallace - Should be finished but lack of depth for QLD might see him back.
Glasby - As above but he's ahead of Wallace.
Chambers - Only if they can find a replacement, which is the issue.
Mbye - Might be the end of him

I'll confidently add Daniel Saifiti to the list.
Maloney will be 34 and doesn't have an NRL contract for next year
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
Junior
David Grant
Posts: 783
Joined: August 16, 2012, 1:50 pm
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Junior » July 11, 2019, 9:45 am

watching the game, that lefthand side of Qld of Kaufusi, Norman, Mbye and Oates. would have to be one of the worst they have put on the field.

TongueFTW
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 534
Joined: August 3, 2008, 10:40 am

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by TongueFTW » July 11, 2019, 10:25 am

It was obviously a tactic of Queensland's to bomb to Ferguson to take him out of the second tackle hit up, but there were two or three occasions (Morgan, DCE, Norman) all kicked out on the full trying to kick it down the short side. That's just silly adherence to a game plan when it wasn't on. I might be bias, but Walters left Papalii off for far, far too long in that second half. He was the best forward on the park by some margin, and he can play decent minutes.

I thought Wighton did really well, he shut down a number of dangerous attacks with aggressive defence, and still made 100m+ which, as a centre, is really impressive. He will be picked most games now, you would think - if not as a centre, then as a bench utility. I still think with a year or two of experience in the halves (and hopefully a few finals matches), he can play there at this level.

Tedesco was just immense - he has dominated two series of Origin now. When he is on, he is virtually unplayable.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23263
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » July 11, 2019, 11:25 am

TongueFTW wrote:
July 11, 2019, 10:25 am
It was obviously a tactic of Queensland's to bomb to Ferguson to take him out of the second tackle hit up, but there were two or three occasions (Morgan, DCE, Norman) all kicked out on the full trying to kick it down the short side. That's just silly adherence to a game plan when it wasn't on. I might be bias, but Walters left Papalii off for far, far too long in that second half. He was the best forward on the park by some margin, and he can play decent minutes.

I thought Wighton did really well, he shut down a number of dangerous attacks with aggressive defence, and still made 100m+ which, as a centre, is really impressive. He will be picked most games now, you would think - if not as a centre, then as a bench utility. I still think with a year or two of experience in the halves (and hopefully a few finals matches), he can play there at this level.

Tedesco was just immense - he has dominated two series of Origin now. When he is on, he is virtually unplayable.
He's done that all series. He's been on the bench far too long while ploders like Wallace and Glasby take up space in the middle of the park. Paps is clearly their no1 prop and in the modern game you should be getting around 60min out of a player like that. Not the 40 odd he's been getting.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43974
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Rickman » July 11, 2019, 11:38 am

Yup, Queensland really lost their way when Paps was off the field, and that was the only period we didn't dominate in the forwards.

You take out of the game that period with Papalii off the field where Tedesco and Cook score and Queensland wins easily IMO.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Aero
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11560
Joined: May 19, 2006, 9:38 am
Location: Campbelltown

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Aero » July 11, 2019, 11:52 am

Was at the game and was annoying to see NSW keep going to the right while wighton and abdo car was staring at open space in front of them on the left.
One odd thing I noticed (and I don't watch enough live games to know if it's a regular thing in most games), but in attack, especially coming out our end, Wighton and Abdo Car would swap with Wighton staying close to the sideline while Abdo Car lines up at centre.
Is that a usual tactic in games?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Image
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3014
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » July 11, 2019, 11:57 am

Aero wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:52 am
Was at the game and was annoying to see NSW keep going to the right while wighton and abdo car was staring at open space in front of them on the left.
One odd thing I noticed (and I don't watch enough live games to know if it's a regular thing in most games), but in attack, especially coming out our end, Wighton and Abdo Car would swap with Wighton staying close to the sideline while Abdo Car lines up at centre.
Is that a usual tactic in games?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
His name is Addo-Carr.

User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8591
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by simo » July 11, 2019, 12:02 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:57 am
Aero wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:52 am
Was at the game and was annoying to see NSW keep going to the right while wighton and abdo car was staring at open space in front of them on the left.
One odd thing I noticed (and I don't watch enough live games to know if it's a regular thing in most games), but in attack, especially coming out our end, Wighton and Abdo Car would swap with Wighton staying close to the sideline while Abdo Car lines up at centre.
Is that a usual tactic in games?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
His name is Addo-Carr.
I hope that was somehow an accident....
Dont delete this GE

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23263
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » July 11, 2019, 12:12 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:57 am
Aero wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:52 am
Was at the game and was annoying to see NSW keep going to the right while wighton and abdo car was staring at open space in front of them on the left.
One odd thing I noticed (and I don't watch enough live games to know if it's a regular thing in most games), but in attack, especially coming out our end, Wighton and Abdo Car would swap with Wighton staying close to the sideline while Abdo Car lines up at centre.
Is that a usual tactic in games?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
His name is Addo-Carr.
Image
Image
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7214
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by gergreg » July 11, 2019, 12:35 pm

I've been critical of Mbye before but he has been pretty solid since moving into the centres at Tigers. He isn't a fullback. He doesn't have the turn of speed, or speed in general and he doesn't have the ball playing skills for fullback.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43974
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Rickman » July 11, 2019, 12:38 pm

gergreg wrote:
July 11, 2019, 12:35 pm
I've been critical of Mbye before but he has been pretty solid since moving into the centres at Tigers. He isn't a fullback. He doesn't have the turn of speed, or speed in general and he doesn't have the ball playing skills for fullback.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
He was really good last night, too. I personally wouldn't have started him in front of Morgan, but I was wrong.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30535
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by -TW- » July 11, 2019, 1:02 pm

Has Gagai been found?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43974
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Rickman » July 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

-TW- wrote:
July 11, 2019, 1:02 pm
Has Gagai been found?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
If Chambers knew how to **** pass the football Gagai was in space on numerous occasions in that game, similar to Game 1.

Queensland honestly could've been up by 20 points at halftime of Game 1 if Chambers knew how to pass and last night was a similar story.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
The Greenhouse
Don Furner
Posts: 3478
Joined: July 11, 2018, 6:57 am

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse » July 11, 2019, 1:37 pm





The Greenhouse score update service

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7124
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Sid » July 11, 2019, 2:04 pm

just watched Walters press conference, cracked up at his response regarding how Morgan was going.

'He's with us, he thinks we've won so somebody's just got to bring him down from that' hahahah
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18026
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by -PJ- » July 11, 2019, 2:36 pm

How did former Canberra Raider James Tedesco go ?

That dude is hot to touch...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Finchy
David Grant
Posts: 748
Joined: March 30, 2008, 9:59 pm

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by Finchy » July 12, 2019, 8:39 am

The Rickman wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:38 am
Yup, Queensland really lost their way when Paps was off the field, and that was the only period we didn't dominate in the forwards.

You take out of the game that period with Papalii off the field where Tedesco and Cook score and Queensland wins easily IMO.
Except Cook ran around Papalii to score....

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43974
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Rickman » July 12, 2019, 9:22 am

Finchy wrote:
July 12, 2019, 8:39 am
The Rickman wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:38 am
Yup, Queensland really lost their way when Paps was off the field, and that was the only period we didn't dominate in the forwards.

You take out of the game that period with Papalii off the field where Tedesco and Cook score and Queensland wins easily IMO.
Except Cook ran around Papalii to score....
Yeah?? Well.... ummmm… **** off, that's who!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6909
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by zim » July 12, 2019, 12:04 pm

He ran around Fifita at marker then stepped back inside on Papalii. Either way both had issues. Fifi with the grasping tackle and Papalii coming out too fast and leaving too large a gap.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43974
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Rickman » July 12, 2019, 12:13 pm

Look, let's just admit we were all wrong and move on from this incident, can we??
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6909
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by zim » July 12, 2019, 12:16 pm

Perhaps. I've just looked at the tea leaves though and it doesn't look promising.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43974
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Rickman » July 12, 2019, 12:20 pm

This is the worst Christmas ever.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7538
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by RedRaider » July 13, 2019, 6:28 am

Aero wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:52 am
Was at the game and was annoying to see NSW keep going to the right while wighton and abdo car was staring at open space in front of them on the left.
One odd thing I noticed (and I don't watch enough live games to know if it's a regular thing in most games), but in attack, especially coming out our end, Wighton and Abdo Car would swap with Wighton staying close to the sideline while Abdo Car lines up at centre.
Is that a usual tactic in games?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I made mention of the same thing in Game 2. It seemed to me that the tactic was one of pace/evasion over power for the NSW left/Qld right when the Blues were in possession in their own half. Maybe Addo Carr had some input on his Storm team mate Chambers. Also the large athlete Turbo Tom against the much smaller Mbye would seem a logical place to attack.

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7538
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by RedRaider » July 13, 2019, 6:55 am

the bone wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:59 am
So who’s Origin careers are over (or on life support)?
Crighton
Walker?
Morris
Wallace
Glasby
Chambers
Mbye


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Very hard to write players off until they actually retire as it depends on the circumstances eg Morris was back due to injury after retiring from Rep footy. After 2017 it was not expected Pearce or Ferguson would be back, but there they were in the thick of setting up the match winning try in 2019.

There is talk of Maloney going to England next year but I remember Qld bringing Langer out of cold storage once and icing a game/series for the Maroons. Can never pick the 2020 side in 2019 but if injury had not have intervened then Keary would have been in the NSW halves. Same could be said of injury stopping further selection of Nic Cotric and Haas. Mitchell lost focus but who's to say he won't get it back next year.

User avatar
papabear
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6176
Joined: August 27, 2007, 2:26 pm
Location: redfern

Re: 2019 State of Origin III: New South Wales V Queensland: Teams and Game Day

Post by papabear » July 19, 2019, 5:10 pm

Aero wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:52 am
Was at the game and was annoying to see NSW keep going to the right while wighton and abdo car was staring at open space in front of them on the left.
One odd thing I noticed (and I don't watch enough live games to know if it's a regular thing in most games), but in attack, especially coming out our end, Wighton and Abdo Car would swap with Wighton staying close to the sideline while Abdo Car lines up at centre.
Is that a usual tactic in games?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
We do that sometimes too.

Have a game plan that we stick too at the detriment of just putting the ball where the space is.

Post Reply