Just in case you think Smith and Slater had special treatment...

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Just in case you think Smith and Slater had special treatment...

Post by BadnMean »

...thing is a myth. Read this- story further down, not the headline.

He didn't take 3 different captains out to dinner...
'
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/how-raudon ... 51tde.html

And the fact asking the two most obvious critical thinking questions you'd expect anyone to come up with;
"What larger effects may these proposed changes have? How will you be measuring success in this project?" is enough to gobsmack our current CEO says it all really.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Just in case you think the Smith/Slater had special treatment...

Post by dubby »

Yeah, Toddy is an impostor. He must go. I'm not basing my opinion on that article written by the Gorilla Pirate. He's an elitist snob with poor punctuation and a leftist ideology.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Just in case you think the Smith/Slater had special treatment...

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: June 1, 2019, 4:53 pm Yeah, Toddy is an impostor. He must go. I'm not basing my opinion on that article written by the Gorilla Pirate. He's an elitist snob with poor punctuation and a leftist ideology.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'm not sure that disqualifies his story about Toddy.

I didn't give a hoot about Gorilla-Pirate's political leanings (one paper goes one way, one the other- remain skeptical of both) and I avoid the political thread.

It was more the sheer toadying of how he probably thought he was being consultative and seeking consensus but managed to do it in a way that marginalised most players and fed into an already perceived bias. And then got the first two intelligent questions that sprang to mind... but clearly hadn't even factored said questions into selling the rule changes in the first place... and was floored when a player came up with them. Anyway.
edwahu

Re: Just in case you think Smith and Slater had special treatment...

Post by edwahu »

My question is why he needed their support and how much would he have compromised to get it.