Parramatta Eels 2019

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Where will the Eels finish in 2019?

Minor premiers
No votes
Top four
No votes
Top eight
No votes
Bottom eight
20%
Bottom four
20%
Wooden spoon/least wins
60%

Total votes: 5

PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Parramatta Eels 2019

Post by PigRickman » April 19, 2019, 6:30 pm

Gutherson is a pretty solid player, think he'd be the type that would look like a million bucks in a great team. Im not paying top market rate to find out though!
It is interesting to compare with him CNK though, and shows that perhaps unless you're getting a truly transcendent player like Tedesco, fullback is maybe a spot you go a little cheaper at if the rest of the squad is good
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW » April 20, 2019, 12:32 pm

PigRickman wrote:Gutherson is a pretty solid player, think he'd be the type that would look like a million bucks in a great team. Im not paying top market rate to find out though!
It is interesting to compare with him CNK though, and shows that perhaps unless you're getting a truly transcendent player like Tedesco, fullback is maybe a spot you go a little cheaper at if the rest of the squad is good

Rather the signalling FB as the spot you can go cheaper on I think it is more a case of needing at least two out of the 4 positions as elite spine players to be a shot at winning the comp. eg Storm with Munster and Smith. It then is less important to have the other two spine players on big cash. If you can then have your third player slightly above average you are giving yourself a real chance eg the Rabbits.

Then you have a team like the Roosters....

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider » April 20, 2019, 4:10 pm

RTW wrote:
April 20, 2019, 12:32 pm
PigRickman wrote:Gutherson is a pretty solid player, think he'd be the type that would look like a million bucks in a great team. Im not paying top market rate to find out though!

Rather the signalling FB as the spot you can go cheaper on I think it is more a case of needing at least two out of the 4 positions as elite spine players to be a shot at winning the comp. eg Storm with Munster and Smith. It then is less important to have the other two spine players on big cash. If you can then have your third player slightly above average you are giving yourself a real chance eg the Rabbits.

Then you have a team like the Roosters....
Thats right. If you have a couple of top class spine players you can get by with middle of the road in the other 2 spots. Of course a lot of it is about them complementing each other. Broncos have plenty of talent in their spine but as a unit they don't gel as well as they should.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

Sid
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid » April 21, 2019, 10:17 am

I agree with this. At the moment I believe there are 4 current fullbacks worth paying a premium for: Tedesco, RTS, Ponga and Turbo. There’s a gap in talent between those 4 and the rest and fullback is a position players would want to play and where players can be made to look better.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » May 13, 2019, 9:27 pm

Federal Government to provide $15 million for Parramatta Eels new high performance centre

Parramatta CEO Bernie Gurr said the rugby league community of western Sydney deserved a complex like the Eels' proposed Centre of Excellence at Kellyville.

Politicians from all three levels of government – federal, state, local council – were at Kellyville Memorial Park on Monday to pledge their commitment. Even if there is a change of government in Canberra, the bipartisan approach for the project is sealed.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/pla ... ce-centre/

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » May 13, 2019, 9:31 pm

And just so you remember, the Federal Government repeatedly declined to provide anything to the Raiders' high performance centre, and the ACT Government provided much less than this! Governments in total, in fact.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » May 13, 2019, 9:34 pm

Brad Arthur set to sign new contract with Parramatta Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is set to be rewarded with a new two-year deal to keep him at the club until at least the end of 2021.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/art ... arramatta/

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine

Post by -PJ- » May 14, 2019, 10:03 am

Parra have given their skip Gutho a Friday deadline to agree to terms and sign.

Be careful Eels, that could backfire on ya.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

Sid
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid » May 14, 2019, 10:32 am

I feel like that usually means the player won't remain.
DWZ to Eels is firming.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

TongueFTW
Simon Woolford

Post by TongueFTW » May 14, 2019, 12:53 pm

To be honest, I agree with the Eels' management on this one. Gutherson is a solid player - can cover plenty of positions in the backline, but he is a bit of a flat track bully. I am yet to see him step up against a quality side. He is "OK" at a lot of things - but I don't see him worth more than 550-600K a year with the current cap, and giving him a 4 year deal seems crazy given his injury problems over the years.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider » May 14, 2019, 2:49 pm

greeneyed wrote:
May 13, 2019, 9:34 pm
Brad Arthur set to sign new contract with Parramatta Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is set to be rewarded with a new two-year deal to keep him at the club until at least the end of 2021.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/art ... arramatta/
No doubt jumping in early to fend off all the big offers that will come from rival clubs.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.