Brisbane Broncos 2019

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Where will the Broncos finish in 2019?

Minor premiers
No votes
Top four
25%
Top eight
38%
Bottom eight
38%
Bottom four
No votes
Wooden spoon/least wins
No votes

Total votes: 8

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Brisbane Broncos 2019

Post by The Nickman »

Haha if only they were one of the big clubs like the raiders or the roosters
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:Haha if only they were one of the big clubs like the raiders or the roosters
What are you dribbling about? He was never going to get his suspension reduced. Was a horrible tackle and he has priors. Crazy decision to challenge.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

5 weeks - wow!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Does seem excessive. Dangerous tackle but far from the worse I've seen.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't think that tackle was worth five matches... but that's the stupidity of the system with loadings and early pleas etc etc.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I think Penalty sufficient.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wiki Special wrote:I think Penalty sufficient.
Deserved some time on the sidelines IMO, but not five weeks. Joe Tapine’s so called punch deserved a penalty on field... got a sin binning. Which was more than sufficient, but he got a fine too. What TPJ did was way worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

3 weeks seems about right to me, which is what he got before adding the loading. Could have easily caused a serious injury.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

He's a Bronco so..12 weeks wouldn't be enough.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The CM reporting that the Broncos have just realised that Darius' salary drops by 300k in the last year of his contract, much like Lockys fortuitously did. They are confident that this will give them the funds to hold on to Fifita.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Dr Zaius wrote:The CM reporting that the Broncos have just realised that Darius' salary drops by 300k in the last year of his contract, much like Lockys fortuitously did. They are confident that this will give them the funds to hold on to Fifita.
Deidre Chambers, what a coincidence.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

How's Broncos HQ?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Someone should go find out and report back!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Seems like they want to sack everyone. So pretty much like here after a win.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thanks. Thanks, but I was wanting something juicier than that!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wonder if Billy is over there trolling them?

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

greeneyed wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:25 pm Thanks. Thanks, but I was wanting something juicier than that!
This was my highlight, obviously it’s from before any of the games started.

“finishing 8th has actually given us a better run to the GF than if we beat the Bulldogs and finished 7th.

IMO we can beat all of the Eels, Raiders and Roosters to get to the GF ... but to have a chance to win it, we'll need the Storm to have a shock loss in week 3... “
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

There'd be quite a few Broncos fans wishing that Cronulla and Tigers had have drawn last week
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 16, 2019, 6:58 am There'd be quite a few Broncos fans wishing that Cronulla and Tigers had have drawn last week Image
Morning Zaius, I had the most amazing dream last night involving the Eels and Broncos.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Rickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: September 16, 2019, 6:58 am There'd be quite a few Broncos fans wishing that Cronulla and Tigers had have drawn last week Image
Morning Zaius, I had the most amazing dream last night involving the Eels and Broncos.
Careful, kids might read about it!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote:
You're still a young man. Those dreams are entirely normal and nothing to worry about, Nickman .

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: September 16, 2019, 7:24 am
The Rickman wrote:
You're still a young man. Those dreams are entirely normal and nothing to worry about, Nickman .

It was a sticky mess, TR.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote:
T_R wrote: September 16, 2019, 7:24 am
The Rickman wrote:

It was a sticky mess, TR.
The Broncos game, you mean? Sure was!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yes, ummm…. yes... that's, errr, what I meant!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Make sure you change your sheets.

I really, really, really hope that these leaves deep, long lasting psychological scars for the Broncos. Ben Hunt dropping kick offs in Grand Finals type scars.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Looks like Boyd and McCullough are free to look elsewhere and Milford on his last chance.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... 98dc63eebd
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You can't just release players that are still under contract - but I'm sure this club will find a way. Sweep, sweep.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

A lot of talk about plodders at BroncosHQ
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ploders?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Rickman wrote:Ploders?
You'd think so, but sadly, no.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'd love to know the account our old mate Billy has over there. Wonder if he posts contrary to everybody on that forum too "just for discussion's sake"??
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

Anyone else enjoying watching the Broncos implode?

The sense of entitlement is massive in the fans with talk of just sign XYZ and get rid of ABC.

Two things I find amusing reading, they honestly think another club will just take on Boyd’s contact dollar for dollar and that players still want to go there for unders...

I suspect that is no longer the case and as the club realises it, desperation is kicking in, the magic has gone, it took 13 years but it is possible they will struggle to attract talent outside the organisation for a period at least.

I think the tide has finally turned and the Broncos are on the slide. Might be wishful thinking, and it might not last long regardless, but heh karma is a ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Organised Chaos wrote:Anyone else enjoying watching the Broncos implode?

The sense of entitlement is massive in the fans with talk of just sign XYZ and get rid of ABC.

Two things I find amusing reading, they honestly think another club will just take on Boyd’s contact dollar for dollar and that players still want to go there for unders...

I suspect that is no longer the case and as the club realises it, desperation is kicking in, the magic has gone, it took 13 years but it is possible they will struggle to attract talent outside the organisation for a period at least.

I think the tide has finally turned and the Broncos are on the slide. Might be wishful thinking, and it might not last long regardless, but heh karma is a ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The sense of entitlement from the Storm supporters isn't far off, btw.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

ch9 won't let the nrl allow them to be uncompetitive
Edrick The Entertainer