Penrith Panthers 2019

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Where will the Panthers finish in 2019?

Minor premiers
No votes
Top four
No votes
Top eight
57%
Bottom eight
29%
Bottom four
No votes
Wooden spoon/least wins
14%

Total votes: 7

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Penrith Panthers 2019

Post by Manbush »

Ah cool, **** really would have hit the fan if true, not a man you’d want to mess with.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

May arrested for recording and disseminating the tape.

Penrith Panthers player Tyrone May arrested over NRL sex tape scandal

Penrith player Tyrone May has been arrested and charged by NSW Police over the latest sex tape scandal engulfing the NRL. May was arrested and issued four separate charges, from two separate victims of the leaked tapes. May has been charged with two counts of filming and disseminating the footage without consent.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/breaki ... 94fc6d8ec3

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Interesting. That's a maximum of two years locked up, and while the courts have all sorts of alternative options, they haven't been shy about hitting people hard on this one. I believe it's too separate cases, too.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Mark Geyer engages lawyers after his daughter linked to the video tape scandal.

‘Devastated’ Panthers legend Mark Geyer engages lawyers over ‘totally false’ rumours involving his daughter

NRL legend Mark Geyer has released a statement to announce he has engaged lawyers to respond to “false and defamatory” claims surrounding his daughter Montanna.

“I have today engaged Brydens Lawyers to act on behalf of my daughter, Montanna, for the purpose of taking action against those who have published false and defamatory material which has caused incredible distress for my family,” Geyer said in a statement.

Read more: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/mark- ... 85d0704027

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 0cc38024ae

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Why didn't the police get involved in the Napa case? Maybe they did, but it seemed as though Napa was a victim in that case?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Brewdle wrote:Mark Geyer engages lawyers after his daughter linked to the video tape scandal.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/mark- ... 85d0704027

I’m curious to see how this pans out. Goes to show why the mods are quick to nip rumours in the bud
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

They should start to dock clubs points and cut the players revenue share for following seasons if players are found guilty of these sort of charges. It's the only way you will create any sort of self regulation within the playing group.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote: March 5, 2019, 11:44 am
T_R wrote:Interesting. That's a maximum of two years locked up, and while the courts have all sorts of alternative options, they haven't been shy about hitting people hard on this one. I believe it's too separate cases, too.

Nothing with kids, I guess, and no suggestion that he's tried to use them for blackmail or coercion, so it could be just a hard slapping that he's in for, but he's going to be sailing damn close to something custodial.
Why didn't the police get involved in the Napa case? Maybe they did, but it seemed as though Napa was a victim in that case?

I don't think they know, officially, who filmed it....?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote: March 5, 2019, 11:44 am
T_R wrote:Interesting. That's a maximum of two years locked up, and while the courts have all sorts of alternative options, they haven't been shy about hitting people hard on this one. I believe it's too separate cases, too.

Nothing with kids, I guess, and no suggestion that he's tried to use them for blackmail or coercion, so it could be just a hard slapping that he's in for, but he's going to be sailing damn close to something custodial.

I don't think they know, officially, who filmed it....?
Or who officially distributed it
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

300,000 people following the NRL memes Facebook page is the biggest embarrassment in the game today.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith Panthers player Tyrone May stood down by NRL

The NRL said today that Penrith player Tyrone May will be subject to the new no-fault stand down policy.

Police today charged May with two separate counts of recording and distributing intimate images without consent.

CEO Todd Greenberg said the NRL was making no judgement on his guilt or innocence.

"That is a matter for the courts," he said.

"Our new policy provides for the automatic stand down of players on a no-fault basis where they are charged with serious criminal matters.

"It also provides discretion for players to be stood down for other matters, particularly where the criminal allegations involve women.

"In the circumstances of the current charges I have determined to place Tyrone May on a no-fault stand down.

"The no-fault stand down will remain in force until the court proceedings are concluded."

NRL media release

May stood down after being charged with video offences: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/05/tyr ... -offences/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha "no fault stand down" sounds SO stupid.

I 100% agree with the concept though, particularly when it comes to violence against women.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Time we grew up and stop trying to put blame on people leaking these stories.
WorkChoice
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

LP Raider wrote:Time we grew up and stop trying to put blame on people leaking these stories.
I honestly don't understand why people even film this? EDIT
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

EDIT
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

The only reason I can think of is to show to mates and boast
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

EDIT
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Who won, gerg??
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

EDIT

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

EDIT Ironically his mother had been a cooking teacher at my high school and she was a little crazy herself. EDIT

These are the rugby union toffs that look down upon rugby league players' behaviour.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

LP Raider wrote: March 5, 2019, 4:43 pm Time we grew up and stop trying to put blame on people leaking these stories.
Where the acts are consensual including the filming the sharing/leaking of the video is the actual problem here.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

I never got team sports, was an excuse for alpha males to act like spuds.

Probably why a team like the Storm have been so successful.

I had mates who would like to brag and in all honesty thought they were wankers then and even more so now.

As for commentators saying they're fed up and can't wait for the footy to start, how about you tackle real issues and earn your pay packet and be leaders.
Last edited by LP Raider on March 5, 2019, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorkChoice
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Good grief gerg... you're a monster
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

julian87 wrote: March 5, 2019, 5:37 pm
LP Raider wrote: March 5, 2019, 4:43 pm Time we grew up and stop trying to put blame on people leaking these stories.
Where the acts are consensual including the filming the sharing/leaking of the video is the actual problem here.
The content is an actual problem for the game whether consensual or not. Especially the latest potential video.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

julian87 wrote: March 5, 2019, 5:37 pm
Think before you type.

There is an obvious problem, don't you think.
WorkChoice
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Hard to see a way out of this for May.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

EDIT
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

EDIT
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

:lol: The marketing writes itself.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we please keep the posting withing reasonable bounds please, I've had to edit quite a few posts. Please note the forum guidelines.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

INDEED...

:|
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Can we please keep the posting withing reasonable bounds please, I've had to edit quite a few posts. Please note the forum guidelines.
Sorry GE.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Classic Gerg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

magoo wrote: March 5, 2019, 5:03 pm The only reason I can think of is to show to mates and boast
Having read some of the reactions to my post, would like to add that I do not approve of this behaviour.