Sydney Roosters 2019

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Where will the Roosters finish in 2019?

Minor premiers
4
67%
Top four
2
33%
Top eight
0
No votes
Bottom eight
0
No votes
Bottom four
0
No votes
Wooden spoon/least wins
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 6

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » December 24, 2018, 10:52 am

Sydney Roosters: 2019 Round 1 predicted team

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Joseph Manu
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Haregreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

14. Isaac Liu
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Zane Tetevano
17. Mitchell Aubusson

Other squad members: Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher, Josh Curran, Poasa Faamausili, Ryan Hall, Brock Lamb, Bernard Lewis, Shaquai Mitchell, Sitili Tupouniua

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/24/syd ... cted-team/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » December 24, 2018, 10:52 am

If Ryan Hall isn't starting on the wing, I'll eat my hat!
Image

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17610
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by -PJ- » December 24, 2018, 11:23 am

greeneyed wrote:
December 24, 2018, 10:52 am
Sydney Roosters: 2019 Round 1 predicted team

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Joseph Manu
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Haregreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

14. Isaac Liu
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Zane Tetevano
17. Mitchell Aubusson

Other squad members: Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher, Josh Curran, Poasa Faamausili, Ryan Hall, Brock Lamb, Bernard Lewis, Shaquai Mitchell, Sitili Tupouniua

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/24/syd ... cted-team/
It looks over the cap to me..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9606
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by gangrenous » December 24, 2018, 11:33 am

And yet they have minimal TPAs allegedly... fascinating.

User avatar
Sid
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6950
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Sid » December 24, 2018, 11:35 am

greeneyed wrote:
December 24, 2018, 10:52 am
If Ryan Hall isn't starting on the wing, I'll eat my hat!
has to be starting before Tupou
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by gergreg » December 24, 2018, 11:57 am

Didn't Hall injury his ACL. That's probably the only reason he isn't in the starting side.

Some real quality in the side. Can they be the first back to back premiers in over 20 years? A little luck with injuries they'll be hard to stop.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » December 24, 2018, 12:18 pm

gergreg wrote:
December 24, 2018, 11:57 am
Didn't Hall injury his ACL. That's probably the only reason he isn't in the starting side.

Some real quality in the side. Can they be the first back to back premiers in over 20 years? A little luck with injuries they'll be hard to stop.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
If I'd read the article more closely...

England Test star Ryan Hall will sit out the early rounds due to a knee reconstruction: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/24/syd ... cted-team/
Image

User avatar
Sid
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6950
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Sid » December 24, 2018, 12:29 pm

I stand by my call.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22634
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Northern Raider » December 24, 2018, 3:12 pm

-PJ- wrote:
December 24, 2018, 11:23 am
greeneyed wrote:
December 24, 2018, 10:52 am
Sydney Roosters: 2019 Round 1 predicted team

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Joseph Manu
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Haregreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

14. Isaac Liu
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Zane Tetevano
17. Mitchell Aubusson

Other squad members: Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher, Josh Curran, Poasa Faamausili, Ryan Hall, Brock Lamb, Bernard Lewis, Shaquai Mitchell, Sitili Tupouniua

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/24/syd ... cted-team/
It looks over the cap to me..
But under the sombrero
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30405
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by dubby » December 24, 2018, 5:13 pm

How the hell is that side cap compliant? Compare them to the Titans, Dogs, Tigers, and it just makes me shake my head.

The Warriors should be better than this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22634
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Northern Raider » December 24, 2018, 6:52 pm

dubby wrote:
December 24, 2018, 5:13 pm
How the hell is that side cap compliant? Compare them to the Titans, Dogs, Tigers, and it just makes me shake my head.

The Warriors should be better than this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Playing devils advocate. I'd say there's a lot of money tied up in 1-13 and very little in 14-30.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Sid
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6950
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Sid » December 25, 2018, 10:34 am

Northern Raider wrote:
dubby wrote:
December 24, 2018, 5:13 pm
How the hell is that side cap compliant? Compare them to the Titans, Dogs, Tigers, and it just makes me shake my head.

The Warriors should be better than this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Playing devils advocate. I'd say there's a lot of money tied up in 1-13 and very little in 14-30.
I don’t think guys like Zane Tetevano, Isaac Liu, Mitch Aubusson, Brock Lamb and Hall / Tupou are on THAT much less than other teams 14-30 to warrant the stars they have in the top 13
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22634
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Northern Raider » December 25, 2018, 11:20 am

Sid wrote:
December 25, 2018, 10:34 am
Northern Raider wrote:
dubby wrote:
December 24, 2018, 5:13 pm
How the hell is that side cap compliant? Compare them to the Titans, Dogs, Tigers, and it just makes me shake my head.

The Warriors should be better than this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Playing devils advocate. I'd say there's a lot of money tied up in 1-13 and very little in 14-30.
I don’t think guys like Zane Tetevano, Isaac Liu, Mitch Aubusson, Brock Lamb and Hall / Tupou are on THAT much less than other teams 14-30 to warrant the stars they have in the top 13
Probably not but its the only plausible explanation I can find.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6696
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by zim » December 25, 2018, 5:02 pm

They were pretty lucky in tying up Mitchell and Manu before they really clicked into gear. If they were trying to re-sign them now it's likely one would move on.

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9606
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by gangrenous » December 26, 2018, 7:02 am

I think it’s naive to think that many players stay on for unders these days if they signed early. The clubs either give them an upgrade, or they walk from their meaningless contracts to somebody who will.

User avatar
Rick
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6141
Joined: August 11, 2008, 3:56 pm
Favourite Player: Daley
Location: Darwin

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Rick » December 26, 2018, 11:14 am

That side 1-13 is insane.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Green eyed Mick » December 27, 2018, 7:30 pm

Minor Premiers if Cronk is fit for 80% of the season.

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18690
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by edwahu » December 31, 2018, 11:53 am

Spooners

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6696
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by zim » January 4, 2019, 11:19 pm

gangrenous wrote:
December 26, 2018, 7:02 am
I think it’s naive to think that many players stay on for unders these days if they signed early. The clubs either give them an upgrade, or they walk from their meaningless contracts to somebody who will.
Agreed. For the rule of "many". And yet there's the facts of these 2 re-signing for less than rep all-stars, when clearly they are 2 of the best centres in the world at the moment.

User avatar
gangrenous
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9606
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by gangrenous » January 5, 2019, 10:45 am

I remain skeptical

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » January 21, 2019, 10:15 am

Sydney Roosters’ best 17: Rich Roosters can be even better in 2019

Fox Sports Roosters' best 17

1 James Tedesco
2 Daniel Tupou
3 Latrell Mitchell
4 Joseph Manu
5 Brett Morris
6 Luke Keary
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sio Siua Taukeiaho
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Angus Crichton
13 Isaac Liu

14 Victor Radley
15 Lindsay Collins
16 Mitchell Aubusson
17 Zane Tetevano

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7c0b93af58
Image

User avatar
LimeGreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 385
Joined: January 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by LimeGreenMachine » January 21, 2019, 12:22 pm

Good to see they should win the premiership again .No-one deserves it more than the Roosters

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6696
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by zim » January 21, 2019, 1:40 pm

That side looks better than 2018. The only thing they've lost is a little depth.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » January 24, 2019, 1:04 pm

Sydney Roosters set for Paris preparation for World Club Challenge

NRL premiers the Sydney Roosters will prepare for their World Club Challenge by spending a week in Paris where they will train against Trent Robinson's former club Toulouse before they visit the Anzac memorials in the Somme.

The Roosters flew to Queenstown on Sunday for a week-long training camp, having visited the same picturesque town on New Zealand's south island last year. But nothing will top the week-long French trip that is expected to give the Roosters players and staff a new appreciation about history while also developing new life skills.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50s1f.html
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » January 24, 2019, 1:05 pm

Looking like the Roosters also have a football department spending sombrero to match the salary sombrero.
Image

User avatar
LimeGreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 385
Joined: January 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by LimeGreenMachine » January 24, 2019, 1:18 pm

With all the unders they are paying their squad they should have plenty of money left over.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk


User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18690
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by edwahu » January 24, 2019, 1:35 pm

Looks like Napa may get a ban for the Big Papi movies. Harsh that it's penalizing the Bulldogs despite it been filmed on a Roosters sanctioned trip.

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by gergreg » January 24, 2019, 3:25 pm

greeneyed wrote:Looking like the Roosters also have a football department spending sombrero to match the salary sombrero.
Does that sort of spending fall under the football dept spending? They also went to Vegas after the GF. Just another loophole to exploit particularly when any overspend on the football dept cap just results in a fine to the club.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6945
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by gergreg » January 24, 2019, 3:26 pm

edwahu wrote:Looks like Napa may get a ban for the Big Papi movies. Harsh that it's penalizing the Bulldogs despite it been filmed on a Roosters sanctioned trip.
Very harsh IMO. I'd think he could have legitimate grounds to challenge any ban.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18690
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by edwahu » January 24, 2019, 3:27 pm

gergreg wrote:
January 24, 2019, 3:26 pm
edwahu wrote:Looks like Napa may get a ban for the Big Papi movies. Harsh that it's penalizing the Bulldogs despite it been filmed on a Roosters sanctioned trip.
Very harsh IMO. I'd think he could have legitimate grounds to challenge any ban.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't see the grounds to punish him really. The RLPA will probably not be happy.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » January 24, 2019, 3:44 pm

gergreg wrote:
January 24, 2019, 3:25 pm
greeneyed wrote:Looking like the Roosters also have a football department spending sombrero to match the salary sombrero.
Does that sort of spending fall under the football dept spending? They also went to Vegas after the GF. Just another loophole to exploit particularly when any overspend on the football dept cap just results in a fine to the club.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Camps etc are supposed to count, as I understand it. It is why the Raiders cut back on putting the team into hotel camps the night before a game in Canberra.
Image

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6696
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by zim » January 24, 2019, 3:48 pm

Those raiders camps are related to NRL matches though. Might be something different for world club challenges.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126178
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by greeneyed » January 24, 2019, 3:54 pm

Yeah, but the Roosters have also gone to Queenstown for a week!
Image

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22634
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by Northern Raider » January 25, 2019, 10:58 am

edwahu wrote:
January 24, 2019, 3:27 pm
gergreg wrote:
January 24, 2019, 3:26 pm
edwahu wrote:Looks like Napa may get a ban for the Big Papi movies. Harsh that it's penalizing the Bulldogs despite it been filmed on a Roosters sanctioned trip.
Very harsh IMO. I'd think he could have legitimate grounds to challenge any ban.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't see the grounds to punish him really. The RLPA will probably not be happy.
As much as I'd love to see the Dogs suffer I simply cannot comprehend why Napa should cop any sort of sanction. What has he actually done wrong? If anything he's a victim here, like anybody who has a private sex tape made public. Greenberg's posturing on this issue is only making himself look like a goose.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
LimeGreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 385
Joined: January 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Sydney Roosters 2019

Post by LimeGreenMachine » January 25, 2019, 1:36 pm

NRL claiming that it wasn't private , it was part of a group on social media. Which opens you up to this type of thing.

Im not sure he will be sanctioned , maybe a fine at worst but I expect the NRL to come down harder in future indiscretions. As Greenberg said , line in the sand.

Post Reply