2019 trials

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2019 trials

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/02/mat ... ea-eagles/

Not sure where they dragged this commentator for the trial from.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Good to have the footy back. Watched the Warriors/Tigers and Dragons/Souths games.

Obviously just trials, but hard to see the Tigers doing much this year. It baffles me why they have Farah and Marshall back, to be honest. They need to plan for the future, give the keys to Brooks and take a couple of lean years. They will likely have the lean years anyway with Farah and Marshall, but this way they don't give other players the experience. Warriors hard to gauge as ever, impossible to predict how they will go. They do look pretty fit.

Dragons lack depth in the outside backs, and I am just not convinced with McGregor as a coach. They do have a pretty solid spine that makes them dangerous both sides of the ruck, so you would think they would be in the 8. I really enjoy watching Souths play with their shape in attack - they have good, skilful players, but depending on the interpretations this year their pack might be too big and lack mobility. Cameron Murray is an absolute weapon, I hope we have a similar gun in our pack with Horsburgh (please no TPJ treatment).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Looks like Mounties have lost Ed Murphy.