2018 NRL Round 23: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 NRL Round 23: Teams and Game Day

Post by gerg »

Slater with his 'signature' knees in the back followed by a great act of sportsmanship to check on the bloke he injured.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

haha that's a charitable try
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

taken from nrl memesImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Saints finally get a win. They played better than the past few weeks and Tigers were bad. I thought some of the penalties Saints received in the second half were pretty soft. Several late in the tackle count too.

Panthers imploded against Newcastle. Didn't see the whole game but there was a little scuffle late in the game where 4 blokes were binned.

And sharks looked ok against cows but had a few injuries. Ramien and the other centre Leuteli (?spelling) and Lewis hobbled off. Holmes is in great form and Townsend seems to have regained a little confidence that he has missed for the past month.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Sharks and Roosters GF I reckon. Depending on the degree of niggle the Sharks are allowed they will win it.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

So none of the players involved in yesterday's melee receive a suspension when punches were thrown. Wighton received 2 weeks when he threw a couple of airswings at Feki (?) a few years back and didn't BJ also get suspended more recently?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Why exactly did we let Lachlan Lewis go again?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 19, 2018, 3:51 pm Why exactly did we let Lachlan Lewis go again?
He didn't show anything much in under 20s. I wasn't shocked they passed on him.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

edwahu wrote: August 19, 2018, 6:27 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: August 19, 2018, 3:51 pm Why exactly did we let Lachlan Lewis go again?
He didn't show anything much in under 20s. I wasn't shocked they passed on him.
I'm sorry, but that's not true. I think it is sad we lose players like this... just because they lacked an opportunity. Dean Pay knew... I don't see him as a coaching guru, but he's represented Australia, and understands the game. And he could see it. But we couldn't.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I watched him a fair few times and he never stood out compared to Croker. He wasn't awful but he wasn't screaming first grader at the time.

You can't pick them all and most we pass on never kick on.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

We can't keep them all GE. We're not the Broncos or Roosters who can stockpile talented players.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It was obvious Lachlan Lewis would do well... Plus he was a quality person from all accounts. You don't get good player and contributor to your culture easily in one package. But the Raiders weren't interested it seems.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: August 19, 2018, 9:14 pm It was obvious Lachlan Lewis would do well... Plus he was a quality person from all accounts. You don't get good player and contributor to your culture easily in one package. But the Raiders weren't interested it seems.
Gee I don't know about that. He was barely comparable or worse to L Croker just about every game they were paired up. u20s semi against the Tigers he pretty much single handedly lost the raiders the match by repeatedly doing the same kick to give the tigers 7 tackle sets; directly straight ahead grubber from 5m out. No angle, just rinse repeat.
He only played 1 rep game for QLD u20s, off the bench.

Even in NSW cup this year he hasn't looked much better than a solid defender for most of the year. His best form by a country mile has been in first grade.
If you thought a play maker was the one to keep it'd be the guys doing it for the Australian junior side ie L Croker and M Cornish.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I watched a lot of his games. I'm not at all surprised he's doing well in first grade. Not at all surprised.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

You must be seeing something I'm not then. The avid bulldog's fan at work was surprised he got a call up and even more surprised he actually played well.
Good on the kid.