2018 NRL Round 22: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: 2018 NRL Round 22: Teams and Game Day

Post by Dr Zaius »

Sucked in. Even with a double leg up
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Well after that result I wouldn’t mind if the Raiders lost this weekend. I like an under dog and it gives the Tigers a shot at making the 8. Go Tigers

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LastRaider wrote: August 9, 2018, 9:50 pm Well after that result I wouldn’t mind if the Raiders lost this weekend. I like an under dog and it gives the Tigers a shot at making the 8. Go Tigers

Seriously mate... you have to give the trolling a break.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

greeneyed wrote:
LastRaider wrote: August 9, 2018, 9:50 pm Well after that result I wouldn’t mind if the Raiders lost this weekend. I like an under dog and it gives the Tigers a shot at making the 8. Go Tigers

Seriously mate... you have to give the trolling a break.
How’s that trolling? Just mention now Brisbane has lost, if Tiger’s win they will be separated by 2 points.

Post is related to last nights game and I’m not trying to trigger an emotional response just mentioning that Tigers could now make the top 8 and I’m on board. Be great to have a Fairy tale exit for Benji and Farrah.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This is a Raiders supporters site. If you want the Tigers supporters site, that’s here: http://www.weststigersforum.com
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That’s a bit rough. It’s not like he’s cheering against the Raiders. Surely it’s ok to find some sort of fun in this train wreck of a season?

Plus death-riding the Broncos is the second best way to support the Raiders generally
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You’re right. I should not tell anyone how to fan, but I can’t really understand Raiders fans hoping the opposition win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I had money riding on us winning the spoon all season.

Yet I'm a paid member and have been for decades. We can love the club but hate the current circumstances. I hate people telling me how to behave. I want success. As a professional football club, the club should want success. But I won't sit back and "Raiders4Life" or "Bleed Green" like all the other sheep and not speak my mind when all I see is a club that wants to excel in Real Estate and jobs for the boys.

It's a joke. I want accountability or success. And this current team and coach just want a free ride.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I know it shouldn't rattle me after seeing the same thing for years now. But I haven't seen much in the media this morning on the Roberts try last night. Sure it didn't cost the Cows the game, thankfully, but I don't understand how anybody can see that play and several replays of it and still come to the conclusion that there is not enough evidence to overturn the on field decision. The decision was flat out wrong - there is no 50/50 with it at all.

There really needs to be an investigation :rant
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

gergreg wrote:I know it shouldn't rattle me after seeing the same thing for years now. But I haven't seen much in the media this morning on the Roberts try last night. Sure it didn't cost the Cows the game, thankfully, but I don't understand how anybody can see that play and several replays of it and still come to the conclusion that there is not enough evidence to overturn the on field decision. The decision was flat out wrong - there is no 50/50 with it at all.

There really needs to be an investigation :rant
That decision plus the obstruction try being given were a joke.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Warriors beat Knights fairly convincingly.

Should be an excellent game, Souths v Easts.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Surprised Ch9 aren’t showing Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Jeez it is a disappointing crowd for these two teams given their respective positions on the ladder.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Captain Punish wrote:I had money riding on us winning the spoon all season.

Yet I'm a paid member and have been for decades. We can love the club but hate the current circumstances. I hate people telling me how to behave. I want success. As a professional football club, the club should want success. But I won't sit back and "Raiders4Life" or "Bleed Green" like all the other sheep and not speak my mind when all I see is a club that wants to excel in Real Estate and jobs for the boys.

It's a joke. I want accountability or success. And this current team and coach just want a free ride.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
You don’t find it ironic that you hate people telling you how to behave, yet you spend half your life telling other people how to behave?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Maloney is close to the worst player in the comp post origin
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

haha that's a fair choke from Cleary
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I really do hate this Penrith team.

Penrith Panthers 17
Gold Coast Titans 16

in golden point.

They win in the final stages yet again.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

edwahu wrote: August 11, 2018, 4:58 pm haha that's a fair choke from Cleary
well he redeemed himself quickly
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Seriously shouldn't be 7 tackles off a field goal attempt.. it's Bull
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Imagine supporting a team that plays like carp and still finds a way to win..every week !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: August 11, 2018, 5:22 pm Imagine supporting a team that plays like carp and still finds a way to win..every week !!!
Yeah, carp aren't very good at footy.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote:
-PJ- wrote: August 11, 2018, 5:22 pm Imagine supporting a team that plays like carp and still finds a way to win..every week !!!
Yeah, carp aren't very good at footy.
Damn fine at baseball.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Dragons finally start to build some momentum and get a roll on, Ben Hunt decides to kick the ball on 3rd tackle which has set off very bad chain of events for the Dragons.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The wheels could be off at the Dragons I guess...

Parramatta Eels 40 defeated St George Illawarra Dragons 4

Widdop off with a dislocated shoulder.

I hate the Dragons... you know... I guess I hate all the other teams. So that's good.

What's that mean for the Raiders?
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Dragons goneski
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Imagine getting spanked by the Eels
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

greeneyed wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:27 pm The wheels could be off at the Dragons I guess...

Parramatta Eels 40 defeated St George Illawarra Dragons 4

Widdop off with a dislocated shoulder.

I hate the Dragons... you know... I guess I hate all the other teams. So that's good.

What's that mean for the Raiders?
We are slightly less of an outside chance of the spoon, but it's still a tiny chance.

As they play each other the best one out of Parra and Cowboys can achieve is 8 wins and they will need to make up 100 pts F/A. Plus Canterbury would need to win 2/3 against top 8 and make up 100pts. Plus everyone else below us winning 1 and making up a lot of points and us winning none.
Last edited by edwahu on August 11, 2018, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

GE the wheels fell off the Dragons mid year when Hunt first got injured. After that time they had a couple of lucky wins when they didn't deserve it, including against us. The other thing that hasn't helped them is the return to the wrestle. Early in the year they had great momentum with Widdop and Hunt really quick around the ruck and getting them on a roll - plenty of bodies in motion through the forwards.
I don't know they'll win another game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:43 pm GE the wheels fell off the Dragons mid year when Hunt first got injured. After that time they had a couple of lucky wins when they didn't deserve it, including against us. The other thing that hasn't helped them is the return to the wrestle. Early in the year they had great momentum with Widdop and Hunt really quick around the ruck and getting them on a roll - plenty of bodies in motion through the forwards.
I don't know they'll win another game.
The refereeing interpretations... I agree. There's a massive problem. The NRL changes opinion mid season and suddenly some teams are winning and others are losing. This is the accountability of the NRL to fix.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Its the only code of sport I watch where how the game is played comes down to who is drawn to referee
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

StMergeDragqueens.. :lol:
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Dugan went off injured with literally 2 seconds to go.. all he had to do for the entire rest of the game was play the ball..
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine