2018 NRL Round 11: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: 2018 NRL Round 11: Teams and Game Day

Post by yeh raiders »

Was just a terrible, terrible decision. You can even see on the replay, Sims changes his movement at the last moment before the contact, which results in the head clash.

Every other head clash is called play on. Why is this one any different?!

Oh right, it’s at S()ncorp Stadium....
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

yeh raiders wrote:Fatty “you watch.. they’ll come out on Monday with some bs reason...”

Hahahahahahahaha
Image love the fat. He says it how it is

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

When the Raiders get **** on a call like that, not even im going to defend it.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

It leaves such a sour taste in the mouth. It was a really good game up until that point

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Dr Zaius wrote:How many games will the Broncos win this season following a contentious refereeing decision in their favour?
Let’s see, off the top of my head we’ve got:
* Tigers
* Bulldogs
* Roosters

All decided by referees from what I saw.

I’d have to look back at Cowboys and Rabbitohs, don’t remember what happened there.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sutton should never referee another Broncos game, but the NRL will continue to use him because to not use him would almost be an admission that it is an issue. At least that is the 'logic' they will use.
Against the Tigers, I honestly thought that game was headed for a draw. It was poor conditions and neither side looked like kicking a field goal.
Against the Bulldogs was just plain robbery on a few crucial decisions.
Last night just another massive leg up at a critical point of the game.

The Broncos should be next to us on the ladder.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

In the Tigers game both sides had already landed a field goal though.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It just felt like one of those games that was headed for a draw. Pretty boring game which probably didn't deserve an outright winner or loser.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I thought the Broncos deserved to win tbh. The Roosters were very lazy and basically Raidered the game.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Curtis Scott, my new favourite non-Raider in the NRL.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

And now issues with the 10 in the bin for two manly players. Coming back on the field nearly 2 minutes early!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Didn’t watch the game, but was Curtis Scott sent off for a punch?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

yeh raiders wrote:Didn’t watch the game, but was Curtis Scott sent off for a punch?
Threw 2 punches when Walker wasn't really in a position to defend himself
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

-TW- wrote: May 19, 2018, 9:46 pm
yeh raiders wrote:Didn’t watch the game, but was Curtis Scott sent off for a punch?
Threw 2 punches when Walker wasn't really in a position to defend himself
Ahk, Sounds fair enough then.

Dylan Walker’s face looks like it has been stung by a dozen hornets.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

If installed as supreme overlord of the NRL one of my first orders of business would be to institute a law that says anyone landing a clean punch on Dylan Walker would be awarded a penalty try in their favour.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

edwahu wrote: May 19, 2018, 10:51 am I thought the Broncos deserved to win tbh. The Roosters were very lazy and basically Raidered the game.
Cowboys supremely Raidered that game..

Force drop out with 1 to go and still lose.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

NRL can't count to 10, shock me
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Aparantly the NRL don't control the 10 minutes, a team representative is in charge, and one was not supplied for this match from Manly...
Read something on NRL.com
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Coastalraider wrote:Aparantly the NRL don't control the 10 minutes, a team representative is in charge, and one was not supplied for this match from Manly...
A temporarily suspended player shall re-enter the playing field when permitted to do so by the Referee. The Referee shall be guided by the timekeeper if one is employed, otherwise the referee will determine the end of the suspension. This player is NOT to be regarded as a substitute
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

reptar wrote: May 20, 2018, 3:11 am
Coastalraider wrote:Aparantly the NRL don't control the 10 minutes, a team representative is in charge, and one was not supplied for this match from Manly...
A temporarily suspended player shall re-enter the playing field when permitted to do so by the Referee. The Referee shall be guided by the timekeeper if one is employed, otherwise the referee will determine the end of the suspension. This player is NOT to be regarded as a substitute
Yep I follow, but that doesn't state who supplies the time keeper. I think Frank Panitzi was filling the role for Melbourne, that's why he was on the sideline and instantly in the refs face with a stopwatch. Below is the quote I read from the NRL:

The NRL issued a statement post-match saying it would investigate:

"The NRL will conduct a full review of the timing of the dismissals and the process.

"The responsibility of the timing for sin bins is held by the clubs, although in this instance, it appears there were no club supplied sin bin operators present at the venue.
"
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Pigman wrote: May 19, 2018, 9:53 pm If installed as supreme overlord of the NRL one of my first orders of business would be to institute a law that says anyone landing a clean punch on Dylan Walker would be awarded a penalty try in their favour.
You've got my vote.

But we need to add a few more names.

Penalty try..tick.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I suggest every NRL club puts a statue of Curtis Scott outside their home ground. Was great to see that grub Walker get what he has deserved for years.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

It was great watching Melbourne be beaten in a spiteful encounter in front of their home crowd.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Begbie wrote: May 19, 2018, 8:51 pm Curtis Scott, my new favourite non-Raider in the NRL.
he did what just about every NRL player wants to do.

What I didn't get is he was sent off for punching but Korisau only got a sin bin for his attempted king hit.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

If Manly are to be punished for shabby timekeeping they should forfeit next week.

Fair I say...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:10 am If Manly are to be punished for shabby timekeeping they should forfeit next week.

Fair I say...
Suspensions for Korisau and Walker would be nice. :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Walker has a fractured eye socket
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

-TW- wrote:Walker has a fractured eye socket
Good that means he wont be there to get under joeys skin next week

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

-PJ- wrote:If Manly are to be punished for shabby timekeeping they should forfeit next week.

Fair I say...

Start next weeks game with 11 men.

Walker out and API suspended.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2018 NRL Round 11: Teams and Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

This weekend goes further proving Andrew Johns and his Merry Band of Brainless Idiots are just that with their referee whining.

How many winning team players have been sin binned this week?! Yet they’re still winning. Teams are still willing to push it and lose a player for 10 mins. It’s worth it because they hold the opposition out often and then can look forward to all manner of level up penalties throughout the next 10 minutes when it’s their turn to have momentum. The penalties are often more useful as they aren’t just repeated 2nd tackle penalties when your already in the red zone and gain no territorial advantage.

The refs still aren’t cracking down hard enough and fast enough for mine.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gangrenous wrote:This weekend goes further proving Andrew Johns and his Merry Band of Brainless Idiots are just that with their referee whining.

How many winning team players have been sin binned this week?! Yet they’re still winning. Teams are still willing to push it and lose a player for 10 mins. It’s worth it because they hold the opposition out often and then can look forward to all manner of level up penalties throughout the next 10 minutes when it’s their turn to have momentum. The penalties are often more useful as they aren’t just repeated 2nd tackle penalties when your already in the red zone and gain no territorial advantage.

The refs still aren’t cracking down hard enough and fast enough for mine.

Some good points here. The referees don’t know properly how and when to penalise to ensure a fair and exciting game for both teams and fans.

The Sharks last week knew when it was worth risking a penalty compared to giving up a try.

Stop a quick play the ball a metre off the try line and push up offside out wide to stop a spread out wide following a half break. Great rule breaking tactic that worked for them.

That the refs didn’t penalise those clear offsides last week demonstrates their inability to ensure a fair and enjoyable game that encourages ball movement and try scoring.

As for Joey Johns, great on field football brain, but no off field understanding of cause and effect for what he preaches.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: May 20, 2018, 10:12 am Walker has a fractured eye socket
And he deserves it.

The way he carried on at GIO a few years ago is just unacceptable...
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Coastalraider wrote:
Yep I follow, but that doesn't state who supplies the time keeper. I think Frank Panitzi was filling the role for Melbourne, that's why he was on the sideline and instantly in the refs face with a stopwatch. Below is the quote I read from the NRL:

"The NRL will conduct a full review of the timing of the dismissals and the process.

"The responsibility of the timing for sin bins is held by the clubs, although in this instance, it appears there were no club supplied sin bin operators present at the venue.
"
Sounds pretty stupid if true. The rules don't say who supplies the timekeeper, only that the ref can delegate to them. For a professional competition, it can't possibly be a club participating in the game supplying them.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

reptar wrote: May 20, 2018, 5:02 pm
Coastalraider wrote:

"
Sounds pretty stupid if true. The rules don't say who supplies the timekeeper, only that the ref can delegate to them. For a professional competition, it can't possibly be a club participating in the game supplying them.
Sounds pretty archaic to me as well mate, but at the beginning of today's telecast of the Raiders game they made mention that the refs had pulled aside each teams timekeepers to refresh the rules after last nights debacle, so there must be something there.

To be honest, if a team is involved in any way in the policing of this, I'm frankly amazed we don't see controversy more often.

Another big tick for the professionalism of the NRL.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wayne Bennett has launched a fiery tirade at the NRL over the match review committee's failure to charge Dylan Napa, accusing the game of having an anti-Brisbane bias.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bennet ... 4zghm.html