Cronulla Sharks 2018

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Cronulla Sharks 2018

Post by Coastalraider »

Stop being so cryptic PJ!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 1994 Finals Series on Fox League right now

Post by greeneyed »

Cronulla Sharks insist Shane Flanagan will be coach in 2019

In response to media reports this morning, the Sharks will continue to fully cooperate with the NRL Integrity Unit to bring the relevant matters before them to a conclusion.

After self-reporting a salary cap indiscretion to the Integrity Unit, further issues relating to the 2014 season have been uncovered and have come under investigation.

The NRL Integrity Unit has informed the Club the investigation into the 2014 matter will be finalised prior to Christmas, while the salary cap investigation is unlikely to reach a conclusion until the New Year.

Shane Flanagan is our Head Coach, he is contracted to the Club for 2019 and he will remain in his role as Head Coach.

CEO Barry Russell will be fronting the Media at 2pm today.

Cronulla Sharks club statement
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Sid and zim are among my favourite posters. See comments above Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Cronulla are a filthy, immoral and poor excuse for a club. Their entire existence is mired in financial crisis and/or some kind of scandal for cheating or unfavourable players like Fifita bringing the game into disrepute.

Send them packing.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Ive added Crudnulla to the list of clubs I hate.

Here is an updated list-
Storm, Cowboys, Warriors, Broncos, Knights, Dragons, Eels, Panthers, Bulldogs, Tigers, Roosters, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Titans, Rabbitohs.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What took so long PJ?!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Well..

I don't know !!!!

I just remember the ET days.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

NRL: Cronulla coach Flanagan to be deregistered

Shane Flanagan, drenched in the contents from an Esky as Cronulla celebrated their 2016 premiership, was soaking up the finest coaching moment of his career two years ago when he was asked about the nine months he spent on the sidelines over the peptide scandal.

Those nine months played no small part in Flanagan guiding the Sharks to the first premiership in their history. Now, it looks like they could retrospectively spell the end of his coaching career.

Read more: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... ad312c324e

Classic! Love it.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

I dislike Shane Flanagan as much as anyone else, but deregistering him would be a gross overreaction. Particularly when compared with the conduct of misbehaving players.

Big fine is sufficient.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He's deliberately deceived the NRL, on top of the deception involved in orchestrating a program of drug cheating. He was actually caught out cheating on his punishment for drug cheating, when he turned up in a Sharks box to watch his son... while he was supposed to have no contact with the club. He was brought into line then. He can have been under no doubt about the terms of his ban. The bloke needs to be booted from the game permanently IMO.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Then you’re booting Jack Wighton too, because what he did was far worse.

I’ve got no issue with a big fine, that makes more sense to me then a lifetime ban for having contact with players.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't agree. What Flanagan did hit at the very heart of the integrity of the competition, and it was very deliberate. Jack Wighton has been appropriately punished.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan reportedly will be deregistered indefinitely by NRL after Integrity Unit investigation

The NRL is set to rub Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan out of the game indefinitely after uncovering evidence he blatantly violated the terms of his suspension following the club’s 2014 performance drug scandal.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50n1a.html

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 3e389dfe89
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Hah. And Johnson chose this rabble of a club over us.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gergreg wrote:Hah. And Johnson chose this rabble of a club over us.

Yeah, that doesn’t say much for our club really
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Flanagan got off light with his suspension for introducing the drug program. He still managed to breach the terms of that suspension. NRL need to come down hard this time.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

How did Manly escape any punishment? They actually opened the 'NRL door' for Dank.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, now official - Flanagan has been deregistered.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

This clubs antics are plain disgusting.

Kick these cheats to the gutter..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL de-registers Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan and Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe

The NRL has de-registered Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan and Wests Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe over separate breaches.

Cronulla are now on the hunt for a new coach while the Tigers will need a new CEO after the club was punished over an undisclosed agreement to pay Robbie Farah as an ambassador when he finishes his career - which should have been included in the Wests Tigers salary cap.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/nrl ... in-pascoe/

NRL media release:

The NRL today announced the commencement of disciplinary actions as a result of two Integrity Unit investigations which have been conducted in recent months.

Cronulla Sharks

The Integrity Unit has found evidence that supports the preliminary finding that Sharks coach Shane Flanagan continued to have dealings with the club while he was suspended in 2014.

At the time, the Sharks were fined $1 million – with $400,000 suspended – over the administration of supplements at the club.

Mr Flanagan was suspended for 12 months with three months suspended.

One of the conditions imposed by the NRL was that "the club must not allow Mr Flanagan to be concerned directly or indirectly with the club" while suspended.

As part of the current investigation into the Sharks salary cap, documents have been uncovered that support the preliminary finding that Mr Flanagan had dealings with the club in relation to recruitment and retention of players.

As a result, the NRL has issued the club with a breach notice proposing a fine of $400,000 – the same amount which was originally suspended.

It has proposed an additional fine of $400,000 for the breach.

In addition, Mr Flanagan has been issued with a notice of intention to cancel his registration.

While the findings are preliminary and no final determination will be made until the response he provides has been properly considered, he will not be permitted to coach or act in any official capacity at the club pending a final determination.

Mr Flanagan and the club will be given until the end of January to respond.

Wests Tigers

The Wests Tigers have been issued with a breach notice relating to an undisclosed agreement to pay Robbie Farah as an Ambassador when he finishes his career.

The agreement was made in 2016 before Farah left the Tigers to join South Sydney.

The NRL believes the payment should have been disclosed and included in the salary cap.

The breach notice proposes a fine of $750,000 and that an amount of $639,000 – the value of the Ambassador's agreement - be added to the club's salary cap in 2019.

Further, the NRL has issued a notice of intention to cancel the registration of the club's CEO Justin Pascoe.

Like Mr Flanagan although the findings are preliminary, he will not be permitted to act in an official capacity with the club pending a final determination.

There is no suggestion that Farah has done anything wrong but the NRL believes the club should have disclosed the agreement.

The club and Mr Pascoe will have until the end of January to respond to the preliminary findings that have been made against them.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

That's just stupid from Pascoe.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Flanagan has gotten his comeuppance. A cheat. A liar. An arrogant piece of work who has discredited himself, his club, and the game.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Let's just wait for Paul Gallen to smooth this over.

Where you at Gal ?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Oh, he'll say his piece Bruce. Don't worry about that.

What a filthy club.

Gallen.
Dugan.
Fifita.
Flanagan.

Yuk.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

So..how are the Sharks paying Shaun Johnson exactly ?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

With the money they freed up by deregistering Flanagan
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CLUB STATEMENT: Cronulla Sharks respond to $800,000 fine and de-registration of Shane Flanagan

The Sharks offer the following response to the breach notice handed down by the NRL to the Club and the Notice of Intention to Cancel Registration imposed on NRL Head Coach Shane Flanagan.

While disappointed at the severity of the fine imposed, the Sharks accept full responsibility and are understanding of the breach after an overview was provided to CEO Barry Russell and Chairman Dino Mezzatesta earlier today.

The $800,000 fine is based on preliminary findings and the Club will appeal the NRL's determination prior to the January 31 deadline.

The NRL has indicated the breach concerns former club officials and staff and there are no current staff, players or Board members implicated.

In relation to Shane Flanagan, the Sharks have offered immediate wellbeing support to Shane and his family and will continue to do so.

While having opportunity to appeal his breach, Shane cannot have any contact with the Club, nor the Club make contact with Shane, in regards to football matters during his appeal process.

In the interim, the Sharks are confident they have a committed playing group and the coaching structure in place to continue their preparations ahead of the 2019 season. A coaching structure will be discussed pending the outcome of Shane Flanagan's appeal process.

In relation to the fine imposed and the Club financial situation, significant progress has been made over recent weeks, shoring up our financial security, with the Sharks confident that they will navigate the current challenges.

Cronulla Sharks media release

NRL comes down hard on Flanagan: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/nrl ... -flanagan/

Morris and Dymock to replace Flanagan as Sharks coach: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/joh ... rks-coach/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Is he allowed to coach in the NRL for another club??

I know a team that DESPERATELY needs a coach who knows what he's doing.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote: December 19, 2018, 1:43 pm Is he allowed to coach in the NRL for another club??

Which club ?
Can't be us.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman wrote: December 19, 2018, 1:43 pm Is he allowed to coach in the NRL for another club??

De-registered from the NRL. He might be able to get a job in Super League.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2018, 2:07 pm

De-registered from the NRL. He might be able to get a job in Super League.
Bummer.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHH!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan flouted the rules within weeks of his 2014 drugs suspension

Within weeks of the NRL handing a 12-month suspension to Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan and telling him not to have any contact with the club, the 53-year-old was sending emails to Sharks officials.

A month into his suspension, Flanagan started contacting people within the Sharks over training arrangements, coaching department structures, negotiations with player agents and discussing player retention and recruitment. One specific exchange was trying to get Raiders half Blake Austin to the Sharks.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/fla ... uspension/

Greenberg, Russell back Sharks' long-term future despite latest blow

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg and Sharks boss Barry Russell both expressed their confidence in Cronulla's future in the game despite concerns over their financial stability after another dark day for the club.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/gre ... test-blow/

Video: Sharks to fight breach notice: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/sha ... ch-notice/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Transfer the licence to Perth. Western Sharks. Play some games in Adelaide.