Dugan and Ferguson and Origin III

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Dugan and Ferguson climb rooftop again before Origin III

Post by Manbush »

gergreg wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
zim wrote:
Hazza wrote:Not sure if they broke any rules or team protocol. Probably a beat up.
From the social media replies to the story:
Met friends for a few lunch beers on a Friday. Game on a Wednesday. Nothing to see here.
Met friends for a few lunch beers, got hammered on a Friday. Got hammered in game on a Wednesday...

Paul Kent made a good point last night. He was saying considering Qld have a team with a GOAT spine (excluding Munster), then NSW need to work on the 1%ers to try and get them over the line. Train a little bit harder, make sacrifices you wouldn't make in Club games. Put the team first.

So yeah, they may not have done anything wrong... possibly because there weren't any blondes in the pub for Fergo, they blew their chances to be in peak condition for the biggest game of their lives.

Re: Fifita - Ugh. Today's story was that Daley wanted him to come off the bench to run amok against Qld's tiring pack and he chucked a hissy. He should have put the team first.
Putting the team first? We're talking about the Duges and Fergo here. Wasn't there another incident at the Lennox pub a few years ago as well. Great little pub btw.
Yep many great nights there in my youth
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

NSW Blues cultural cleanse could end up to five State of Origin careers, and kickstart six more

THE winds of change are blowing hard through the NSWRL and inevitably collateral damage will be part of the fallout.

That looks increasingly likely to start with a coaching change, with Laurie Daley out of contract and feeling the heat of the post-mortem.

It would now come as a huge surprise if he didn’t fall victim to the old adage — fairly or not -that a fish rots from the head following reports an Andrew Fifita blow up put a stop to a tactical switch — and the more explosive story that Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson spent a day off away from NSW camp at a drinking session.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state- ... xSportsAus
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Matt wrote:NSW Blues cultural cleanse could end up to five State of Origin careers, and kickstart six more

THE winds of change are blowing hard through the NSWRL and inevitably collateral damage will be part of the fallout.

That looks increasingly likely to start with a coaching change, with Laurie Daley out of contract and feeling the heat of the post-mortem.

It would now come as a huge surprise if he didn’t fall victim to the old adage — fairly or not -that a fish rots from the head following reports an Andrew Fifita blow up put a stop to a tactical switch — and the more explosive story that Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson spent a day off away from NSW camp at a drinking session.

Article loses credibility by suggesting Austin for SOO in not 2015 or early 2016

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Dugans and Fergusons brain scans have come back negative.

No brains.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Matt wrote:NSW Blues cultural cleanse could end up to five State of Origin careers, and kickstart six more

Article loses credibility by suggesting Austin for SOO in not 2015 or early 2016

Hard to see it happening except if Blake regains form and plays no14 for the Blues.

Article says that a cultural change sees Dugan, Fergo, Fifita, Hayne and Pearce get punted.

Croker, Tommy Turbo, Austin, Finucane and Jordan McLean come in for the upgrade in attitude.

2 players named as good enough but culturally questionable are BJ and Jimmy the Jet. BJ can chip in with the Fifita hissy fits and Roberts can go on the benders.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'm surprised nothing was said about the pill popping pitcairner protégé Dylan Walker. Preposterous.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Notaroboticfish wrote:

Austin isn't playing well ATM but the article makes a lot of good points.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I'm waiting for Dugan to say something along the lines of "I was the only blues player to score a try in game 3. They would've had no chance without me".

Surely (surely!) the line is finally through Dugan and fergo.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

cat wrote:You could see it coming , fergo has moved in with mundine again after breaking up with his girlfriend and is so easily led

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Just my opinion but for all of Mundine's delusions and media antics - he comes across to me as one of the most disciplined and professional athletes in this country in terms of looking after his body and preparation for performance - I think it's more Fergo being easily led by Dugan than Mundine in this instance. I would say Choc would be giving him an earful over it behind closed doors
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Fergie surely has his name crossed out anyway for stinking it up but Doogz may show up again.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

edwahu wrote:Fergie surely has his name crossed out anyway for stinking it up but Doogz may show up again.
All players fit next year I would say Tommy Turbo and Mansour push him out hopefully
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

scotchberry wrote:
cat wrote:You could see it coming , fergo has moved in with mundine again after breaking up with his girlfriend and is so easily led

Just my opinion but for all of Mundine's delusions and media antics - he comes across to me as one of the most disciplined and professional athletes in this country in terms of looking after his body and preparation for performance - I think it's more Fergo being easily led by Dugan than Mundine in this instance. I would say Choc would be giving him an earful over it behind closed doors
Or maybe it's the fact that Fergo is a complete **** idiot?? I don't buy this line peddled by the likes of cat and others that "poor old Fergo is just easily mislead", to me he's a large part of the problem, and always has been.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

The Nickman wrote:
scotchberry wrote:

Or maybe it's the fact that Fergo is a complete **** idiot?? I don't buy this line peddled by the likes of cat and others that "poor old Fergo is just easily mislead", to me he's a large part of the problem, and always has been.
agree. He is an adult and I don't get why people keep making excuses for their own choices
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Why is a grow ass man who is paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year moving in with someone? Surely he can afford to rent an apartment.

I heard a rumour of him getting loose again so maybe he was told by someone to go running back to Choc.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He's a complete douchebag. If anything Mundine is reigning him in, not causing a worse influence.

This forum astounds me at the best of times
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Mundine in private in a most decent guy who is doing his best to look after Fergo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

I find it hilarious that some commentators are trying to justify this by saying they only had half a dozen beers.

How many beers is a acceptable ? ( I'd smash 6 beers in a couple of hours, 8 hours c'mon )

This all falls on Laurie, he selected these 2 bozo's even after everything that had gone on in 2013.

Look at how Mal handled Fafita last year, results matter and surely Laurie should know that he has to go.

As for the players, Pearce, Dugan Ferguson and others should go also.
WorkChoice
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

No love lost from TPJ

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXNRL/statu ... 3346827264
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

LP Raider wrote:I find it hilarious that some commentators are trying to justify this by saying they only had half a dozen beers.

How many beers is a acceptable ? ( I'd smash 6 beers in a couple of hours, 8 hours c'mon )

This all falls on Laurie, he selected these 2 bozo's even after everything that had gone on in 2013.

Look at how Mal handled Fafita last year, results matter and surely Laurie should know that he has to go.

Spot on, LT Smash. Who cares how many beers they had anyway? They're in an Origin camp, for probably the most important Origin match of their careers, and they head out to do that crap? Entirely selfish behaviour, and nothing less than I'd expect from those two absolute clowns.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Haha speaking of Mundine and Ferguson how good was that interview? It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen considering not a week later someone took photos of old Fergo sitting by himself in the beer garden double parked at the Carinbah Hotel haha.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

LP Raider wrote:I find it hilarious that some commentators are trying to justify this by saying they only had half a dozen beers.

You mean this Mal Meninga...

Mal Meninga defends Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson’s pub trip before Origin III

AUSTRALIA coach Mal Meninga has jumped to the defence of NSW Origin pair Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson after revelations of their pub visit during camp.

“They are treated like adults and are accountable for their actions. When it does affect their performances, then they accept the consequences,” Meninga said.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state- ... a5cfe953d7

Fifita is also available next time the Australian team is chosen, not banned for life.

Anyway if we're lucky this might be a line drawn through them for a few years.
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

scotchberry wrote:

No love lost from TPJ

That's clearly not actually him.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

julian87 wrote:Haha speaking of Mundine and Ferguson how good was that interview? It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen considering not a week later someone took photos of old Fergo sitting by himself in the beer garden double parked at the Carinbah Hotel haha.
Hahaha it was like he forgot how to talk!!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

haha Pangai Jr Snr
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
100%green wrote:While yes there probably isn't much in the Fergo/Dugan story the issue is none of this would happen with Queensland. And if it did they would be stood down like Milford and co were last year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yep. We stood down the likes of Milford, Napa and co at the start of last year, and at the time NSW fans questioned the decision and our lack of depth for the series.

Well, we won the series, and those guys went on to play this year, Napa was good and Milford looked comfortable before going off injured... those blokes will be fixtures within the Queensland side for years to come, and now know their place
It's hard to figure out if you Queenslanders are hypocrites or just have your head firmly lodged up your bum.
http://www.news.com.au/news/maroons-sti ... 72e195f39a

I totally agree with the sentiment that these two jokers aren't worthy of representing their state or country. I believed that before and this incident had only cemented that opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Dr Zaius wrote: It's hard to figure out if you Queenslanders are hypocrites or just have your head firmly lodged up your bum.
http://www.news.com.au/news/maroons-sti ... 72e195f39a
Why does it have to be one or the other, can't they be both?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

BrisbaneRaider wrote:
scotchberry wrote:

No love lost from TPJ

That's clearly not actually him.
Just as convincing as some 1st time poster signing up to a fan forum and using a nickname of a current sports journalist as a username ? :hmmm
Last edited by scotchberry on July 19, 2017, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Ha ha ha it looks like they were at it before all 3 Origin games :lol: :lol:

Andrew Webster is reporting they hit it hard before game 2 when they stayed at The Star and were shielded from the media the day after that one. I couldn't get past the paywall but apparently there was something before Origin 1 too according to Raaaaaaay. Too funny.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

Weather you agree with it or not, it's like the "no punching" rule and so many other things in today's society football related or not, it's 2017 and political correctness and maintaining positive public profiles is at the forefront of all businesses agendas.

To be given the responsibility of representing your state and also being paid what for a vast majority of people is around half their yearly wage to play just 1 game - you just can't put these things down to boys will be boys like we did 20 years ago. Unfortunately the world doesn't operate like that in 2017

Fwitw - I'm sure at some stage (most likely start of camp) QLD also had a few cold ones to wind down/relax behind closed doors - they were just much smarter and responsible
goodgolly

Post by goodgolly »

Nice duck and swerve from NSWRL save two blokes who couldn't care less to save yourself.

Solid Alright.

That's the way to treat the people......like fools.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NSWRL clear Dugan and Ferguson

As is the case at the conclusion of the State of Origin series every year, the Board of NSWRL will conduct a full review of all aspects of the 2017 State of Origin series. This will occur in the coming months and in accordance with the usual time periods which the Board sets aside for such tasks. However, in light of the matters which have been raised publicly during the course of this week, the Board feels compelled to urgently correct the record regarding a number of inaccurate assertions which have been made and which are highly damaging to NSWRL and to a number of people within our organisation.

The first assertion is that Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson were drunk at the Lennox Point Hotel on the Friday prior to State of Origin 3, that they were behaving like ‘clowns’ and that they were so badly affected by alcohol that they were hidden from the press the following morning in a cover-up by NSWRL. However, on the basis of a number of independent accounts of the circumstances, the NSWRL Board is satisfied that the players were not drunk, they were not acting like ‘clowns’ and they were not so affected by alcohol that they were ‘hidden’ the following morning in a cover-up. On the contrary, the pair trained at 10am the following morning in full view of the media contingent. They trained strongly.

The second assertion is that on the morning of State of Origin 3, Laurie Daley had a conversation with Andrew Fifita in which Laurie advised Andrew Fifita that he would be starting the match from the bench. It is asserted that Andrew Fifita’s reaction to this news was so strongly negative that Laurie Daley changed his mind and reinstated him to the starting line-up. As you would expect, a coach and his players regularly discuss on-field tactical options and all manner of off field issues as well. Laurie had conversations of these types with Andrew during the course of the camp. However, it is entirely false to suggest that on the morning of the game (or at any other time during the camp) Laurie had a conversation with Andrew in which he advised Andrew that he was starting on the bench. That position (that there was no such conversation) was correctly reported in the press yesterday morning and against that background, it is disappointing that the false assertions of the purported conversation continued to be maintained.

Finally, an inference has been made that a car, hired by a journalist who was covering the Blues’ Origin preparation at Kingscliff, was vandalised. Until this inference was made on Tuesday of this week, there had been no assertion whatsoever, including from the journalist in question, that the vandalism was connected to NSWRL or to the State of Origin team. The inference is one of criminal conduct by our players. It goes without saying that such inferences should not be made lightly. If anyone is in possession of information which supports an allegation of criminal conduct against one or more of our players, then NSWRL calls upon that person to immediately report the information to the NSW Police to allow a full investigation to take place. This is the appropriate course of action and one which NSWRL supports. If there is no such information to support an allegation of criminal conduct, then the inference which was made should be immediately withdrawn and the appropriate apology offered to NSWRL and its State of Origin players.

The State of Origin series evokes emotions of incredible intensity, quite unlike any other event in sport. Naturally, when a series which started with such optimism concludes on a disappointing note, everyone who supports the NSW Blues and who has an emotional commitment to them hurts. This is particularly so after a lengthy period of such disappointment. There should be no doubt that everyone at NSWRL is hurting badly at the moment, none more so than Laurie Daley and his team.

Much has been spoken about culture. The focal point of any strong culture is that when times are tough, the strong culture ensures that there is an absence of blame shifting, an absence of scapegoating, a support for those within the group and a commitment to make necessary improvements in an objective way after a period of proper reflection and analysis. NSWRL has such a culture, supported by a strong board. NSWRL calls on everyone to allow for that proper period of reflection and analysis of the 2017 State of Origin series in the absence of a search for scapegoats but with a commitment to make any necessary improvements in an objective way.

NSWRL media statement
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

That media statement fails to address the issue of what many former players and the current media have been "banging on" about since the story broke and that is the fact that 2 players decided that hitting the "piss" in the middle of camp was appropriate.

Either come out and say you support them going drinking (regardless of how much they consumed) or you don't support them having a drink at all - good try at not addressing the real issue of team culture
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

I agree, the fact they pissed off to the pub to hit the beers is as Nickman said, entirely selfish.

2 of the biggest flogs in the game.

And I can't possibly believe a report that states in any way, shape or form, that these 2 weren't acting like "clowns".
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I mean it's not even that their form warranted them getting picked in the first place. They would be the two players easiest to punt from the team. But NSW is bending over backwards to protect them

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Josh Dugan - biggest brainless idiot ever to play for us ?

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

This guy is a real ****. The tatoos say it all. I don't know why he keeps on getting picked for NSW. And Aust for that matter.

As a player, of course I think he is good, but not worth $1 million which reportedly the Sharks will pay him. But his attitude and arrogance are unacceptable. Would go well with Fifita, another *** at the Sharks. Apparently only joining for a meagre pay rise.

Unfortunately Carney and Ferguson also played for us. Although they are good players (better than Wighton, BJ/Croker, and Sezer in their positions), I'm glad we got rid of these idiots. These idiots would never think about the team, but their selfish acts of indulgence to have a drink when they want to. Breezers on the roof (Dugan and Ferguson), assaulting people at nightclubs and narrowly avoiding jail (Ferguson), urinating on patrons (Carney), drink driving (Carney), and drinking their own urine (Carney).

You would think they would learn from their past acts. The coach is an idiot for picking these idiots - no wonder why NSW never wins.