Sydney Roosters 2017

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Sydney Roosters 2017

Post by greeneyed »

Put it like this... if we had confidence that TPAs were capped and equalised for all clubs... then I'd say... sure... bad cap management.

There could be poor cap management... but it's much more likely that it is all the result of TPAs, in my view.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I doubt Pearce hasn't already locked in with manly. They wouldn't have released Green otherwise.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

julian87 wrote:I doubt Pearce hasn't already locked in with manly. They wouldn't have released Green otherwise.
There was a rumour of a three way swap with Townsend.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I dunno Jules. Sharks have a pricey pack, as do dogs
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters re-sign Luke Keary on lucrative three-year deal, release Michael Gordon for Gold Coast Titans deal

THE Roosters are backing Luke Keary to lead the club into the future after re-signing the star half on a new deal worth almost $2.2 million. It’s understood the Roosters will announce the signing coup this week after Keary put pen to paper on a new three-year-contract last week.

It’s a huge win for the club with Keary off-contract in 2018 but they will bid farewell to veteran fullback Michael Gordon. The 34-year-old has been cleared to officially join the Gold Coast on a two year deal.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a010a72443
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sacked Sydney Roosters Jayden Nikorima cops 12 week drugs suspension

Jayden Nikorima is facing a fight to save his NRL career after copping a 12-match suspension for a second drugs breach and being sacked by the Roosters.

An NRL spokesman said the 21-year-old playmaker had been suspended and must sit out the first 12 rounds of season 2018 if he wants to play again.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 05d4s.html
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Good ol sniffy
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Wait... so Angus Crichton is headed to the roosters and junior paulo is staying put?
Who could have possibly seen this coming?!?! PAULO WAS GONE! A future SOO player and an absolute gun who was a sure thing to leave his club!!!

FWIW - Me.
The answer on who saw this coming was me.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Great stuff by the Roosters signing Crichton, in the space of a few months they signed arguably the best halfback in the game, the best fullback in the game and the beat up and coming backrower in the game.

And we lose Baptiste to stay salary cap compliant, we’re the little engine that could!!!!

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Pigman wrote:Wait... so Angus Crichton is headed to the roosters and junior paulo is staying put?
Who could have possibly seen this coming?!?! PAULO WAS GONE! A future SOO player and an absolute gun who was a sure thing to leave his club!!!

FWIW - Me.
What's next on the list Pigstradamus?
Last edited by zim on December 18, 2017, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

South Sydney Rabbitohs confirm exit of young gun Angus Crichton, signs with Sydney Roosters

THE Roosters have won the battle for Angus Crichton. After months of speculation and several clubs chasing his signature including Cronulla, Crichton has signed a three-year-deal with the Roosters from 2019. Ultimately Crichton’s decision came down to two clubs after ruling the Sharks out of the race.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 1f8038da4b

Seibold disappointed Crichton leaving Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/12/18/ang ... s-in-2019/
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

zim wrote:
Pigman wrote:Wait... so Angus Crichton is headed to the roosters and junior paulo is staying put?

FWIW - Me.
What next on the list Pigstradamus?
Raiders go 28-0
Win the league. Crowned greatest team in sports history
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Can't wait :D
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It's a bit rich to read Souffs fans crying poor over TPA's considering they had some of the most TPA packed deals ever go down for Inglis and Burgess. Inglis in particular was farcical, with him ringing David Gallop and successfully demanding he approve all his TPA's or he would go to the AFL :lol:

Still, the whole thing has become farcical. There are a huge amount of fans getting turned off the game imo.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Someone on good coin will fall out the roosters in 2019. Likely on big overs.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I don't think the Roosters are playing by the rules....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

zim wrote:Someone on good coin will fall out the roosters in 2019. Likely on big overs.
I hear superstar Bernard Lewis is on huge money.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

edwahu wrote:
zim wrote:Someone on good coin will fall out the roosters in 2019. Likely on big overs.
I hear superstar Bernard Lewis is on huge money.
Haha I love how there's no details on his page as well. Like he's just made up or something.....
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

more likely that cordner will go to knights now perhaps.

expecting to see Crichton play rep footy over the next couple of years.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Of all the million dollar signings I reckon this is the riskiest. Its sometimes easy to look good when you're a rookie having a dig in a bum side because the good oppositions will clock off for long periods. Its not so easy when teams know who your are and It's not like he is a genetic freak like Lolo.

This is a bit like signing Cotric for a million.