Penrith Panthers 2017

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Penrith Panthers 2017

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith Panthers Josh Mansour could return from knee injury in round 12-14

INJURED winger Josh Mansour remains a big piece of Penrith’s title push this NRL season, says coach Anthony Griffin.

“He’s coming along good. He’ll be, at this stage, around round 12-14,” Griffin said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/panthe ... 7919f172ab
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith Panthers lose Dallin Watene-Zelezniak for a month due to knee injury

PENRITH have lost a second international winger to a knee injury, with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak to miss the start of the season and undergo surgery.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin hoped Watene-Zelezniak would return by Round 3 against the Roosters after he broke down at training on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/panthe ... 69755d5f4b

Penrith Panthers' Dallin Watene-Zelezniak out until round three with torn meniscus: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... udq1k.html
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

That's both their starting wingers gone for at least 2 rounds
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith Panthers Te Maire Martin told to get more physical if he wants to play in round one

Penrith coach Anthony Griffin has told young gun Te Maire Martin to get more physical as he weighs up whether to start the Kiwi international in the opening round.

"He still hasn't said that I will be the six," Martin said. "Going into the trials he wants me to focus on my defence and getting real physical because last year I wasn't physical enough.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... uej9x.html
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Bryce Cartwright is far better in the second row. Te Maire Martin is probably better than whichever forward scrub they replaced Soward with. Surely, he'll play him, right?
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Notaroboticfish wrote:Bryce Cartwright is far better in the second row. Te Maire Martin is probably better than whichever forward scrub they replaced Soward with. Surely, he'll play him, right?
Yeah TMM will be there round 1
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Bryce Cartwright allegedly involved in deal to pay woman $50,000 to have an abortion

THE woman claiming to have been pregnant with Bryce Cartwright’s baby has criticised the Penrith Panthers star for having "no heart".

A former girlfriend of Cartwright is alleging he and an intermediary of the Panthers — former player Lou Zivanovic — pressured her into terminating a pregnancy in exchange for $50,000, The Daily Telegraph reported.

“He (Cartwright) was very persistent of not being involved,” the unidentified woman told Channel Seven on Sunday night. “He just said, ‘No, I don’t want to be a part of this.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-lif ... 8767841080
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Is it women in league round already?
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

So this is a different woman than the one before ??

Busy boy.....

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Panthers rally around embattled Cartwright

Penrith players have rallied around embattled star Bryce Cartwright, refusing to comment on the state of their second-rower following his controversy-plagued week off the field.

Forward Trent Merrin said Cartwright had trained well in an intense field session on Wednesday, but the rest of his teammates were otherwise tight-lipped on the situation. The backrower has been the subject of daily headlines since a Sunday newspaper reported his ex-partner's claims following an abortion.

"There's no comment on Bryce. He's trained really well," Merrin said on Wednesday.

Read more: http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/08/11/3 ... cid=wwosfb
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Embattled back-rower Bryce Cartwright battling to face Tigers, says Gould

Penrith boss Phil Gould has revealed that embattled backrower Bryce Cartwright is in doubt for Sunday's match against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium as he deals with the fallout from allegations he had paid a former partner hush money to have an abortion.

"It's been a difficult week for the club and for Bryce, and given the headlines that have been around, it's unfortunate that this has played out in the public arena," Gould said.

Read more: http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/08/15/2 ... cid=wwosfb
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

What's been unfortunate is that Bryce refused to take responsibility for his actions and the club helped him engage in a process of intimidating and bullying this girl into an abortion.

Gould probably needs to STFU about the difficulty his **** club and dirtbag player have endured this week and hope this story disappears and everyone forgets what **** greasy monsters the panthers and Cartwright are
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gould has said the club knew nothing of it.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

I don't know many 22 year olds that could successfully navigate a $50000 bribe in exchange for an abortion without some sort of adult help cough black cat bagman cough... excuse me

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

greeneyed wrote:Gould has said the club knew nothing of it.
I believe he said the first he or the Panthers knew of it was when it hit the papers on Monday, but I believe since then he contradicted himself saying someone contacted him in October to give him a heads up about a girl claiming to be pregnant with Cartwrights baby.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Pigman wrote: a process of intimidating and bullying this girl into an abortion.
The communications between the 3 shared by the media are very, very far from intimidation and bullying from what I've read. BC not taking the socially 'normal' responsibility for his actions makes him seem an ordinary human being but there's seriously nothing to see beyond that IMO (bar the third party's allegiance).
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Maybe from your perspective but you also weren't in a position of finding out you were pregnant, finding out that you were an on the side thing and then having a bagman from the club tell you that you need to make a snap decision about whether or not you keep the baby. This isn't a the money or the box type situation. Even without the other factors involved it is a huge personal and ethical decision that has life long consequences. Under these circumstances if someone says they feel like they were bullied into making a decision then I'll side with them.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Matt Moylan, Peta Hiku and Waqa Blake stood down for a breach of team protocol.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Panthers statement on protocol breach

Matt Moylan, Peta Hiku and Waqa Blake will play for the Panthers against Newcastle Knights in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW on Saturday.

The players have been dropped from the Panthers NRL side following a breach of team protocol.

The club now considers the matter dealt with and will be making no further comment

Read more: http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/ ... ement.html

Word is they were out on the drink after the Storm game.
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

Ahahahahaha. Free win for the rabbits

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Skipper Moylan leading by example..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Give that guy a blues jersey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

It is not hard to find someone who is willing to have a crack at Hook in Brisbane. When he was coaching the Broncos word is a lot of the players didn't like the fact he introduced a monetary fine system for any and all indiscretions.

Whilst I have no idea what the players did in order to be dropped obviously the rumour is they got drunk after a game. I'm not sure how the playing group as a whole would feel about the repercussions.

Footy players in general are not the smartest blokes and tell them they can't have a drink and a lot will push back against it. But if your Captain is not even buying into the systems you have in place then you are going to have a hell of a time selling it to the rest of the group!

Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

They were told to stay in their hotel rooms in Melbourne after the game but they went out on the drink for the night.
In one sense I feel sorry for them cause all I wanted to do at that ages was go out on the drink however when you sign for the big dollars you should do the right thing.
Its a concern for them that the skipper was involved. He needs to realise he sets the standard for the rest of the group.
Hopefully it de rails them so that's once less team to worry about lol

In Ricky We Trust
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Crikey, let them have a few beers. So long as they didn't molest anybody or cause any trouble what is the real issue here?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

This is not the kind of story that comes out of a stable, happy club where everyone has bought into the culture. Hard to imagine a story like this ever being written about Ricky and Croker.

It's a big stand by the coach. Let's hope that works out well for him!
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

pickles wrote:This is not the kind of story that comes out of a stable, happy club where everyone has bought into the culture. Hard to imagine a story like this ever being written about Ricky and Croker.

It's a big stand by the coach. Let's hope that works out well for him!
Well, I mean Papalii was caught drink driving earlier in the year. Sure, he wasn't punished like this, but it's a much worse act than what they did.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I can't see them winning without their 3 most important attacking players this week.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Moylan, Cartwright, Hiku, Mansour, Peachey, Blake etc. missing from Panthers

Inglis, Farah, Gray etc. missing for Rabbitohs

what a substandard Friday night nein game this is shaping up to be.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

gergreg wrote:Crikey, let them have a few beers. So long as they didn't molest anybody or cause any trouble what is the real issue here?
They were on a work trip and disobeyed pretty clear instructions given to them by their boss. That's the real issue here and I think the Panthers have responded appropriately.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
gergreg wrote:Crikey, let them have a few beers. So long as they didn't molest anybody or cause any trouble what is the real issue here?
They were on a work trip and disobeyed pretty clear instructions given to them by their boss. That's the real issue here and I think the Panthers have responded appropriately.
Yep, I'm all for a few drinks but if you're on a work trip and told not to then unfortunately you either follow the instructions or don't get caught.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

You mean until they they cause any trouble.
I don't post facts
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It's a fine balancing act between controlling the players behaviour and not letting it get out of hand and letting them be normal 20 to 30 year old men. When are they allowed to have a few beers? October?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I find it hard to understand where this outrage comes from. You have people getting paid top dollar to do a job and then ignoring explicit instructions from their boss, and to make it worse after a bad performance.
This isn't a case of not being allowed to have a few beers.