Parramatta Eels 2017

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Parramatta Eels 2017

Post by Botman »

Christ
It’s like a Blokes Advice reunion
YUK
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
“” wrote: She got blind drunk (by her own admission) and has an extremely sketchy recollection of what actually happened.

People tend to lose their inhibitions when they're drunk - and do things they may regret the next morning.

It looks to me like a beat up. Hayne has said the sex was consensual. All she seems to have as evidence is a pair of his jocks.
Does this guy not understand what rape is?

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Apparently not
Haha
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

He has to be stood down. It’s the Brett Stewart scenario all over again. Needs to be stood down until it’s sorted out

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Articles saying NRL is unlikely to stand him down. Guess it’s up to Parra to decide if they want to

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

He isnt being stood down, the eels wouldnt even stand semi last season for DV no way they take action here

At the end of the day unless you dob yourself in for drink driving or feed a dog peanut butter you are free to play

And parra fans are a special special breed

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

At this early stage this allegation has more holes in it than the Raiders defence...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

The NRL will have to do something IMO.
Greedysmurf
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Greedysmurf »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:He has to be stood down. It’s the Brett Stewart scenario all over again. Needs to be stood down until it’s sorted out

I have no love for Hayne, but I actually agree that he should not be stood down. It is not the same as the Stewart case, as here the DA has already opted not to proceed with criminal action, where Stewart, IIRC had an ongoing criminal investigation. The current court action against Hayne is a civil one, where the requirements for a finding are far less onerous than under a criminal trial, so even if they rule in favour of the woman it’s not strictly speaking a ‘guilty’ verdict in a criminal sense.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

-PJ- wrote:At this early stage this allegation has more holes in it than the Raiders defence...
So you don't believe the victim?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
-PJ- wrote:At this early stage this allegation has more holes in it than the Raiders defence...
I honestly don't know what's going on here GEM.
She was very drunk and went back to Haynes apartment, they weren't going to play Jenga.
Is Jarryd Hayne a rapist ? If yes..he must hang.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

No, he should go and face his accuser and until then he should sit out. If he settles he can sit out the whole year and if he loses he can play french rugby because that's the only way he'll be able to afford the settlement.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Green eyed Mick wrote:No, he should go and face his accuser and until then he should sit out. If he settles he can sit out the whole year and if he loses he can play french rugby because that's the only way he'll be able to afford the settlement.
I hate the bloke as much as you GEM but let's not plug in the electric chair just yet !
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

-PJ- wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:
I honestly don't know what's going on here GEM.
She was very drunk and went back to Haynes apartment, they weren't going to play Jenga.
Is Jarryd Hayne a rapist ? If yes..he must hang.
You realise that by being so very, very drunk actually means she was unable to consent, don’t you?

As far as the law is concerned if he had sex with her in the condition she described herself in, that’s rape
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

-PJ- wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:No, he should go and face his accuser and until then he should sit out. If he settles he can sit out the whole year and if he loses he can play french rugby because that's the only way he'll be able to afford the settlement.
I hate the bloke as much as you GEM but let's not plug in the electric chair just yet !
I don't want him booted but I think the NRL would be wise to bench him until this is resolved. They have more to lose if they don't bench him and things get worse than if they do bench him and it all clears over in a few months.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Yeah, with witnesses to say that she was very drunk, and him admitting that sex took place, lack of capacity for informed consent might have him cooked here. Cops will want at least some level of physical evidence, but the civil courts won't need it.

On the other hand, he's in Australia and the case is in America, so assuming he doesn't hold assets there...well, no more Disneyland holidays, but no much else they can do about it.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah that’s a good point re: assets

He seems pretty certain to be found guilty in civil court, but unless he goes back to the states it’ll all be naught
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It could affect sponsors over here if there's a media back lash.
Surely the NRL would feel obligated to do something.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

zim wrote:It could affect sponsors over here if there's a media back lash.
Surely the NRL would feel obligated to do something.
He hasn't committed a criminal offence.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Todd carney lost his NRL career not committing a criminal offence.
I'm not saying hayne would be in the same boat but surely theres some reaction to a judgment against him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Police investigated and found insufficient evidence to lay charges. I don’t see why the NRL would be standing people down in those circumstances.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

zim wrote:Todd carney lost his NRL career not committing a criminal offence.
I'm not saying hayne would be in the same boat but surely theres some reaction to a judgment against him.
Todd Carney committed plenty of criminal offences

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Not trying to make light of rape victims but what if Hayne was drunk as well? From the little I've read it does actually sound like a very typical hookup. A mutual friend tells Hayne where she is. Not only does he go there to meet her but he leaves with her. It all sounds your typical night at the Private Bin, except for the no kissing part and lack of foreplay, there's nothing like a good drunken pash.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I don't think the NRL should stand him down. The NRL stood down Brett Stewart (for being drunk apparently, yeah right), and then it took the jury something like 10 minutes to find him not guilty (turns out the dad was a bit of a con artist). But the NRL standing him down put an extra stain on the guy who turned out to be innocent. I'm not saying hayne is innocent by the way, who knows... Very ugly situation either way.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Not talking about this case specifically as I don’t know enough details but **** I hate the drunken excuse, if you commit a crime or give consent when drunk it shouldn’t matter, if both people are drunk is it mutual rape? I’m guessing 90% of people on this forum both male and female have had consensual sex with someone who was drunk does that mean 90% of this forum are rapists or is it only rape if someone regrets it when they sober up?

Should need a license to drink, if you’re not willing to take responsibility for your actions while drunk you’re not allowed to drink.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Manbush wrote:
T_R wrote:Yeah, with witnesses to say that she was very drunk, and him admitting that sex took place, lack of capacity for informed consent might have him cooked here.
Not talking about this case specifically as I don’t know enough details but **** I hate the drunken excuse, if you commit a crime or give consent when drunk it shouldn’t matter, if both people are drunk is it mutual rape? I’m guessing 90% of people on this forum both male and female have had consensual sex with someone who was drunk does that mean 90% of this forum are rapists or is it only rape if someone regrets it when they sober up?

Should need a license to drink, if you’re not willing to take responsibility for your actions while drunk you’re not allowed to drink.
I get where you're coming from... but i think there are also many instances where sober people take advantage of very drunk people. I think there needs to be some accountability for your actions while intoxicated, provided you knowingly got yourself intoxicated. If he's had more than a couple too, then you could argue that his judgement was just as clouded as hers, but i don't know the details of the case.

Its a really tricky one. My wife works with a lot of victims of sexual assault, and her biggest issue is that its so hard to get people to admit that they've been assaulted. So when they do come forward and people say things like "She knew what she was getting into when she went back to his place" makes it even harder to get them to speak up. Not to mention the difficulty in getting a conviction because 99 times out of 100 its her word against his... Thats probably why the DA didn't persue the case. Unless there's concrete evidence, unfortunately they know they're unlikely to get a conviction so they don't pursue it because its a waste of government funds...
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Oh most definitely, there are sober people who prey on drunks and take full advantage of the situation which I believe is ethically wrong but as long as consent is given in my view shouldn’t be illegal. Going back to someone’s place isn’t consent for anything other than going to their place

As you say it’s tricky and so hard to prove because generally it’s one persons word against another, it sucks two of the most heinous crimes rape and child abuse are the two hardest to prove.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

This could be quite a hurdle to Hayne being the marquee New York Rugby League signing in 2019.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

So, apparently Hayne has snuck off to Israel overnight. Image
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/ ... accusation

the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Israel? That's random. I hope he didn't get his passport stamped. It could ruin his next dream of becoming a Muslim and doing a pilgrimage to Mecca.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

He may have signed a multi year deal with the Israeli Football League..(gridiron)
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

That boy needs to have less dreams!

My personal feelings in regards to the rape allegation is he should be stood down

I question a lot some of the celebrity cases coming forward now but in this case she did report it to the police and is willing to testify so therefore reveal herself
Its not like she is throwing mud but covering herself in teflon first.

It's not like there isnt already a stench around Jarrod,

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

the bone wrote:Israel? That's random. I hope he didn't get his passport stamped. It could ruin his next dream of becoming a Muslim and doing a pilgrimage to Mecca.
Maybe his new dream is to open a Hillsong branch in Israel.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

T_R wrote:
zim wrote:Todd carney lost his NRL career not committing a criminal offence.
Todd Carney committed plenty of criminal offences
Yep. Didn't lose his NRL career after any of them.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Bit of a coincidence he got a dream to get out of Dodge and play Union the same month she went to the police last year

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Carney lost his NRL career because he’s just not up to it.

He’s now slow, he’s lost his agility and he’s always injured because he doesn’t rehabilitate his body properly.

I have no doubt the NRL would have allowed him to play for an NRL club if Carney was playing like an absolute champion and wowing crowds with his great football ability.

Carney has no one to blame but himself. I think he would actually say that himself, but he wouldn’t actually and honestly believe it.