Alex McKinnon has every right to sue

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Alex McKinnon has every right to sue

Post by Coastalraider »

Ginga wrote:
simo wrote:The media has reported this in the worst way possible i think.
How so?
Because it has been presented as a player suing another player for damages.

I honestly think Alex would totally understand that he signed up to play a contact sport, and McLean had no intention of leaving him injured. This is not personal.

This is how the legal system works, I unfortunately have been involved in a legal case like this before, and what you need to remember is that neither the NRL or McLean will be making a payout, these are the avenues that need to be followed to access the insurance companies pay out. Hence the reason the NRL are roumoured to have said to McKinnon 'do what you need to do' in regards to this law suit.

Insurance companies don't voluntarily pay out millions of dollars.
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Re: Alex McKinnon has every right to sue

Post by Ginga »

Coastalraider wrote:
Ginga wrote:
simo wrote:The media has reported this in the worst way possible i think.
How so?
Because it has been presented as a player suing another player for damages.

I honestly think Alex would totally understand that he signed up to play a contact sport, and McLean had no intention of leaving him injured. This is not personal.

This is how the legal system works, I unfortunately have been involved in a legal case like this before, and what you need to remember is that neither the NRL or McLean will be making a payout, these are the avenues that need to be followed to access the insurance companies pay out. Hence the reason the NRL are roumoured to have said to McKinnon 'do what you need to do' in regards to this law suit.

Insurance companies don't voluntarily pay out millions of dollars.
And right or wrong this is how papers/news works, they haven't reported anything incorrect or false and have managed to spark intrest and debate. As for insurance companies, any payout they have to make will have a flow on effect ftom the NRL down to the local under 9's