Wests Tigers 2016

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Wests Tigers 2016

Post by Sid »

Matt wrote:Tedesco has broken his jaw in 2 places.
I think u can write the Tigers off now.
I never wrote them on!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

pickles wrote:Farrah would fit in well with the other **** at the bunnies whose app onion of themselves far exceeds their ability. Sounds like a match made in heaven!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

pickles wrote:Farrah would fit in well with the other **** at the bunnies whose app onion of themselves far exceeds their ability. Sounds like a match made in heaven!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Damn that Anna, she always recks it.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Damn you autocorrect!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I hate it when I lack toast. But at least he is tolerant
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Wests Tigers Tedesco could return for finals

James Tedesco has had surgery to repair a broken jaw that appeared likely to end the Wests Tigers star’s season but the fullback’s teammates are remaining hopeful that he might return if they can get the side into the top eight.

Speaking on NRL Tonight, Tigers veteran Dene Halatau said a possible return had been discussed within the club.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... xSportsAus
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Matt wrote:Wests Tigers Tedesco could return for finals

James Tedesco has had surgery to repair a broken jaw that appeared likely to end the Wests Tigers star’s season but the fullback’s teammates are remaining hopeful that he might return if they can get the side into the top eight.

Speaking on NRL Tonight, Tigers veteran Dene Halatau said a possible return had been discussed within the club.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... xSportsAus
Woah, when did Tedesco leave the Tigers? :P
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

No eight for Tigers.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Farah officially released from the last year of his contract
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Thank goodness that's all but over. What a complete ****.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jamal Idris joins Wests Tigers

Former Australian international and New South Wales representative Jamal Idris has joined the Wests Tigers. The 2009 Dally M Rookie of the Year has agreed to join Wests Tigers in 2017 and will add plenty of experience, size and skill to the Club’s first-grade squad.

“For me, it’s so exciting as there are a lot of up-and-coming young players here,” said Idris. “The average age is really young, and they’re only going to get better and more experienced. If they do that together, then they’re going to gel well as a team and that’s really exciting.

Read more and video: http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... ns_we.html
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Wests Tigers 2016

Post by Manbush »

Revealed: The culture of bullying and abuse at Wests Tigers

A SHOCKING culture of fear, bullying and harassment is threatening to rip the Wests Tigers apart.

A damning report on the Club alleges at least two NRL players have considered committing suicide, while others spoke of being bullied to the point of tears.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the NRL club has been accused of having a “total lack of concern for player welfare’’ in a bombshell welfare report conducted by the Rugby League Players Association (RLPA).

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 3d0535fc93
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Manbush wrote:Revealed: The culture of bullying and abuse at Wests Tigers

A SHOCKING culture of fear, bullying and harassment is threatening to rip the Wests Tigers apart.

A damning report on the Club alleges at least two NRL players have considered committing suicide, while others spoke of being bullied to the point of tears.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the NRL club has been accused of having a “total lack of concern for player welfare’’ in a bombshell welfare report conducted by the Rugby League Players Association (RLPA).

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 3d0535fc93
If it was made last year, why is it only coming out now? But there are some really scathing comments in there. And that all stems from the Head Coach
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Did Wobbie hijack the survey?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Revitalised Idris ready for next challenge at Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers recruit Jamal Idris has returned from his year away from the game refreshed and with a new lease on life ahead of the 2017 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

"A year away will do that for you, but also travelling, you get to see the world," he said. "You don't have that 'what am I missing out on?' thought that's always sitting in the back of your head. When I first started, I was still in school. I didn't have time to see the world, travel the world and learn who I am in this world, and that's exactly what I did.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/revitalised-idris-re ... fault.aspx

Grant excited about Idris reunion: http://www.nrl.com/grant-excited-about- ... fault.aspx
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elijah Taylor re-signs with Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the re-signing of experienced lock forward Elijah Taylor for a further two seasons.

The 26-year-old joined the Club mid-year from the Penrith Panthers and was integral part of the Wests Tigers’ strong finish to the 2016 season.

Taylor has played a total of 121 NRL games since making his debut for the New Zealand Warriors in 2011, including 15 games for Wests Tigers after joining the Club in May.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... c3600c43c7
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hawaii trial cancelled; Tigers prioritise James Tedesco as rival clubs circle

THE NRL trial in Honolulu at Aloha Stadium next February has been postponed ­because of TV production costs. Tigers boss Justin Pascoe told us they were forced last week to put the idea on the backburner.

Pascoe remains hopeful the Hawaiian pre-season game will proceed in 2018. Officials from both clubs flew to Hawaii towards the end of the regular season to inspect the facilities and accommodation options.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... eeac568ec7
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

greeneyed wrote:Hawaii trial cancelled; Tigers prioritise James Tedesco as rival clubs circle

THE NRL trial in Honolulu at Aloha Stadium next February has been postponed ­because of TV production costs. Tigers boss Justin Pascoe told us they were forced last week to put the idea on the backburner.

Pascoe remains hopeful the Hawaiian pre-season game will proceed in 2018. Officials from both clubs flew to Hawaii towards the end of the regular season to inspect the facilities and accommodation options.

Is that 2 years in a row a Hawaii trial has been cancelled?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's hard to imagine that the costs of video production in Hawaii are massively more than in Australia.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote:Hawaii trial cancelled; Tigers prioritise James Tedesco as rival clubs circle

Awww, poor tigpies need to make a big call on Tedesco...again...

Sucks being them having your most talented player also being your most injury prone.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Over the last two seasons he has played 41 from 48 games for the tigers. 1 of those games he missed due to origin, and 3 due to his broken jaw - a hard tissue injury from a collision.

He really isn't as injury prone anymore as people on here make him out to be.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Once you have that tag especially from your rookie years it's hard to shake it
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Bottom 4
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

the bone wrote:Over the last two seasons he has played 41 from 48 games for the tigers. 1 of those games he missed due to origin, and 3 due to his broken jaw - a hard tissue injury from a collision.

C'mon now. He's played 1 full season out of 5! He's been on the field something like 70 out of 120 odd games in 5 years.

Knee reco, broken patella, fractured fibula, broken jaw. He's had injuries that cruel a career.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

the bone wrote:Over the last two seasons he has played 41 from 48 games for the tigers. 1 of those games he missed due to origin, and 3 due to his broken jaw - a hard tissue injury from a collision.

Too early to shake that tag IMO.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers Matt Ballin regrets that he didn’t get the chance to play alongside Robbie Farah

ROBBIE Farah may have departed, but the Wests Tigers “are in great hands at hooker’’, says the man who will wear Farah’s old No.9 jumper next season.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... c7933be892

Matt Ballin vows to complete NRL return against Robbie Farah: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... tehwk.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Matt McIlwrick: Young Wests Tigers have Shark-like traits

Wests Tigers hooker Matt McIlwrick believes his new club boasts the type of traits that took the Sharks all the way.

"It was good to be part of the premiership-winning side, I got a couple of games in last year and I guess now what I can say is that I know what it takes to win a premiership," McIlwrick said. "I saw the training all the boys put in day in and day out and especially the unity that the Sharks had last year and I feel a very similar thing here at the Tigers.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/mcilwrick-young-tige ... fault.aspx
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

That's like saying my new team feels just like the Premiership winning team because it plan to have 13 players on the field at every kick off just like the Sharks did
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I didn't read the article but I'm guessing he said it is one of the toughest preseasons he has had.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

RTW wrote:I didn't read the article but I'm guessing he said it is one of the toughest preseasons he has had.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
No doubt just after he said the boys have really made him feel welcome and part of the family lol
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Ginga wrote:That's like saying my new team feels just like the Premiership winning team because it plan to have 13 players on the field at every kick off just like the Sharks did
Gosh. I hope Ricky is onto that tactical nugget.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

reptar wrote:
Ginga wrote:That's like saying my new team feels just like the Premiership winning team because it plan to have 13 players on the field at every kick off just like the Sharks did
Gosh. I hope Ricky is onto that tactical nugget.
Oh ye of little faith in Ricky we trust... hehe nugget
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers Kyle Lovett pleads guilty to having cocaine in his underpants

Kyle Lovett's night on the town started at The Ivy nightclub, and ended in an alley being strip-searched by police.

When asked if he had any drugs in his underwear, he said: "I'll be honest with you, I do." Officers found a small bag of cocaine in his underpants, and charged him with possessing about 0.39 grams of the drug. The magistrate did not record a conviction, and handed down a six-month good behaviour bond.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... u2y6r.html
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Taylor turned up at the airport with a black eye - says it was a stray elbow during touch footy........

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated