South Sydney Rabbitohs 2016

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: South Sydney Rabbitohs 2016

Post by DJ89 »

Totally different game. Burgess is one of the best forward in the League world, but was played at centre in Union. An ineffective one at that.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Brad Walter ‏@BradWalterSMH 2m2 minutes ago Sydney, New South Wales
The news doesn't get better for Souths, with Zane Musgrove out with broken wrist and Adam Reynolds out 6-12 weeks with fractured jaw
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

It’s been one year since Souths forward Kyle Turner had a spinal operation

IF the NRL handed out medals for bravery, Kyle Turner would have every right to be standing right at the front of the line.
The young Rabbitoh didn’t even know it was time to celebrate the first anniversary of the spinal operation he had last year until his surgeon called last Friday to give Turner the all clear, once again.
Then two days later the 24-year-old backrower who earns his living playing one of the toughest positions on a football field was forced to the sideline early in the second half of the opening round of the season.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbit ... 7d10590301
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Maguire wants Keary at Rabbitohs

South Sydney coach Michael Maguire says he and Luke Keary are in constant communication surrounding the playmaker's future at the NRL club.

"My regard and my thoughts about him are definitely about him being here," Maguire said.

"I think he's a quality player and a quality individual. We've just got to work through what's in front of us."

Read more: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... -rabbitohs
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Sam Burgess injury: The South Sydney champion has tweeted an update from his hospital bed

SAM Burgess has given supporters a positive sign from his hospital bed alleviating initial fears for the worst after suffering an unknown neck injury on Sunday.

While taking a hit up for South Sydney against the Dragons at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Burgess was caught in an awkward tackle and was taken from the field in a medicab with the utmost care and precaution for his neck.

The 27-year-old was taken by ambulance to St Vincent’s Hospital for scans and was awake and responsive, with reports that he had movement in all his limbs and no signs of pins and needles.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... witterfeed
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Knowing Burgess, he will probably line up on Friday night with a drip still attached
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Matt wrote:Knowing Burgess, he will probably line up on Friday night with a drip still attached
After which he'll get a flogging from his Mum and Mrs
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Burgesss cleared of owning a spine found to just be a sook
Edrick The Entertainer
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Reynolds hopeful of Rd 7 NRL return

South Sydney halfback Adam Reynolds has pencilled in a return for the side's round seven clash against NRL premiers North Queensland as he continues to recover from a broken jaw.

"I'd like to think round seven or eight. That's six weeks from when it happened," Reynolds said.

"But in saying that, if it's not right, I won't be pushing it at this stage of the season. It's a long year ahead and it's not one to rush back from."

Read more: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... nrl-return
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Rusty still trying to work out how the Greg Inglis field goal would've helped
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Sid wrote:Image

:clap:
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

Matt wrote:
Sid wrote:Image

:clap:
two boxes of chalk and a headache...answer still nada
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Return to centres key to South Sydney Rabbitohs star Greg Inglis' future

Greg Inglis knows his critics think he is on his last legs – or leg – but expect his management to look for a three-year contract extension and propose a change of position from fullback to centre to preserve his brilliant career.

When I asked him about where he believes he is in his career, he said: "My best days are in front of me."

More important, he has Shane Richardson back at Souths. Richardson is a man Inglis respects and who will have his long-term interests at heart. Richardson would know that Inglis can't keep running on a knee that clearly is troubling him.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... nwtze.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Russell Crowe criticised Cameron McInness, now he's being touted as future South Sydney Rabbitohs captain

He was the subject of an off-season argument between Russell Crowe and Luke Keary, but Cameron McInnes is considered by many at South Sydney to be a future Rabbitohs captain.

McInnes, who appears to have won his duel with Damian Cook to be Souths No.1 hooker after coach Michael Maguire named the latter as 18th man for Friday night's clash with North Queensland, became the centre of a verbal exchange between Crowe and Keary after the Rabbitohs owner allegedly told players the club should never have released Issac Luke to the Warriors.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... o4f4k.html
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahah gee old Rusty has had a fantastic off season down on the ranch, hasn't he??
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

South Sydney Rabbitohs appoint new CEO Blake Solly

South Sydney have appointed English Super League general manager Blake Solly as the club's chief executive.

The former lawyer replaces John Lee who in February quit to join local NRL rivals Sydney Roosters.

Solly will begin his new post in May and chairman Nick Pappas hailed his background in rugby league and law as making him ideal for the high- profile position.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-appoint-ne ... fault.aspx
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bronx probably freeing up cap space for a marquee signing
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

GI to play 5/8 this week with Alex Johnson moved to FB and Keary on the bench.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Manchild wrote:GI to play 5/8 this week with Alex Johnson moved to FB and Keary on the bench.
SMOKESCREEN?!??!?!?

Keary will drop off the bench. Their will be a player reshuffle, as Carter goes to the bench to play the utility spot, and someone else gets brought in. This is Bunnies game day team list 101.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Grevsmuhl walks out on South Sydney Rabbitohs

South Sydney forward Chris Grevsmuhl has played his last game for the club and is set to join Penrith immediately after a fallout with coach Michael Maguire.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... hnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Kind of saw that coming, but uh, surely its mutual right? Or are the NRL doing another Dugan, where you can just choose to leave a club and despite having a contract with them, there is no repercussions .
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Archer wrote:Kind of saw that coming, but uh, surely its mutual right? Or are the NRL doing another Dugan, where you can just choose to leave a club and despite having a contract with them, there is no repercussions .
How did you see that coming? What is going on there? What is the Coffs Harbor incident that the media keep referring to?
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Archer wrote:Kind of saw that coming, but uh, surely its mutual right? Or are the NRL doing another Dugan, where you can just choose to leave a club and despite having a contract with them, there is no repercussions .
How did you see that coming? What is going on there? What is the Coffs Harbor incident that the media keep referring to?
The pissy bust-up at Rancho Rusty.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manchild wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
The pissy bust-up at Rancho Rusty.
What happened?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rusty threw out Luke Keary at 2am because he stood up to Rusty. So he's in the middle of nowhere and has to get a taxi to the train station, middle the night and sleep on a country train platform until the first train.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:Rusty threw out Luke Keary at 2am because he stood up to Rusty. So he's in the middle of nowhere and has to get a taxi to the train station, middle the night and sleep on a country train platform until the first train.
Good man management right there
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Well there were plenty of rumours going about last year to do with a rift between the players and coach, then they had the Rusty Ranch Shootout and they are currently 3 wins, 6 losses. Then I guess I just assumed they were going to release Grevs early once he'd signed with Panthers (given they had Surgess back) and his minutes this year have been all over the shop (when he's actually named in the 17).

I didn't actually know it was coming so perhaps my wording was poor. Rather, I'm not surprised to hear of it. Also wouldn't surprise me if a few more are pushed/jump.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So did he just up and walk out because the coach had harsh words? At least he didn't go by a rooftop I guess.
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

Dr Zaius wrote:So did he just up and walk out because the coach had harsh words? At least he didn't go by a rooftop I guess.
Considering Rusty supposedly said the entire playing group were not putting in and were playing **** besides the Burgess boys, I am sure that a few players have their nose out of joint.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Manchild wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:So did he just up and walk out because the coach had harsh words? At least he didn't go by a rooftop I guess.
Considering Rusty supposedly said the entire playing group were not putting in and were playing **** besides the Burgess boys, I am sure that a few players have their nose out of joint.
Pretty funny, considering the Burgess boys have basically stunk since then. Sam has played ok, but nowhere near his level.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Raider Bell wrote:
Manchild wrote:
Pretty funny, considering the Burgess boys have basically stunk since then. Sam has played ok, but nowhere near his level.
Yep, Rusty gave the Burgii a free pass and they have taken full advantage of it. Every week is like rubbing the other players noses in it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

South Sydney Rabbitohs release Chris Grevsmuhl immediately, expected to join Panthers

AFTER constant speculation, South Sydney have finally granted young star Chris Grevsmuhl a release, with the Emerging Maroons second rower expected to link with the Panthers.

Grevsmuhl earlier this year signed on to join Penrith from next season on a lucrative two-year deal but a recent decline in his relationship with Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire ensured he was ushered out the door early.

It’s understood Grevsmuhl was criticised by Maguire after the Rabbitohs’ round nine loss to the Tigers and it was the last straw for the 22-year-old who didn’t turn up to training early the following week.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/south- ... 1204cfcf13
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Thats pretty poor form
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Good grief, players can't handle criticism any more, can they??