Sydney Roosters 2016

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: Sydney Roosters 2016

Post by BJ »

Sid wrote:Sam Moa signs with Catalans

Haven't really watched him this year but I would've thought he'd still have something to offer in the NRL.

He did play for NZ as recently as this year
Nah Moa had a poor season for Roosters and was even dropped at one point.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Sydney Roosters sign former Eel and Raider Mitch Cornish

Mitch Cornish has posted on his Facebook page:
"Excited to announce Ive signed with the @sydneyroosters for next season!"

Read more: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =522393428
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves re-commits to Sydney Roosters

The Sydney Roosters are thrilled to announce that Kiwi international Jared Waerea-Hargreaves has signed a three-year extension, keeping him at the Club until at least the end of 2020.

27 year-old Waerea-Hargreaves, who is currently representing New Zealand at the Four Nations tournament in England, spoke about his excitement at extending his arrangement with the Foundation Club.

“Everyone who knows me knows how much the Roosters mean to me,” said Waerea-Hargreaves.

“It’s an honour to wear the Roosters jersey and to represent our area, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to know that I’ll continue to be part of the team we have here for at least the next four years,” he added

Roosters CEO John Lee recognised Jared’s on-going contribution to the Club both on and off the field.

“Not only is Jared a proud Clubman, but also a favourite among our Members, corporate partners and supporters,” said Lee.

“He is a great ambassador for the Roosters and for rugby league, and to secure his services for a further three years is wonderful news for our Club,” he added.

Roosters Head Coach, Trent Robinson, added: “Jared is highly respected by the coaching staff and his teammates. He is a key leader of our forward pack on the field, and as Vice-Captain, an integral member of our leadership group off the field, so it’s great to know that Jared will continue to play his role at the Roosters in the coming years.”

Since making his NRL debut in 2009, Waerea-Hargreaves has played 149 games to date, 143 of those with the Sydney Roosters, whom he joined in 2010.

Sydney Roosters media
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters take game against Melbourne Storm to Adelaide

The Sydney Roosters will host a 'home' game in Adelaide in 2017 the club announced on Sunday morning. The match will be played at one of the country's most iconic grounds – Adelaide Oval – against the Melbourne Storm.

The announcement confirms the Roosters 2017 home fixtures schedule, with 10 home games to be played at Allianz Stadium, one home game to be played at Central Coast Stadium, and one home game to be played at Adelaide Oval.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/roosters-take-game-t ... fault.aspx
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

greeneyed wrote:Sydney Roosters take game against Melbourne Storm to Adelaide

The Sydney Roosters will host a 'home' game in Adelaide in 2017 the club announced on Sunday morning. The match will be played at one of the country's most iconic grounds – Adelaide Oval – against the Melbourne Storm.

The announcement confirms the Roosters 2017 home fixtures schedule, with 10 home games to be played at Allianz Stadium, one home game to be played at Central Coast Stadium, and one home game to be played at Adelaide Oval.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/roosters-take-game-t ... fault.aspx
There will be 18 people in attendance. Adelaide really doesnt care about League
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Don't be so sure. The SA events body is behind it and when that happens you get some buzz behind the event. And they want an Origin game at Adelaide Oval, so they're going to invest a lot in bringing back RL to Adelaide and making it a success.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters best backed NRL team for 2017 premiership

SYDNEY Roosters have emerged as the best-backed team to win the 2017 NRL premiership.

While North Queensland remain the TAB’s outright $7.50 favourites, the Roosters are equal eighth in betting at $15. Brisbane and Melbourne are joint second favourites at $8 followed by Canberra and Penrith at $9. Bets on the Roosters account for just under 15 per cent of all transactions in what has been rated the most open premiership betting market in TAB history.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney ... fe18bcf4d4
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Makes plenty of sense to me that TAB move.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Latrell Mitchell is Sydney Roosters future fullback, not James Tedesco, says Anthony Minichiello

CLUB legend Anthony Minichiello has backed Latrell Mitchell to remain the club’s long-term fullback amid growing speculation the Roosters have pinned a target on James Tedesco.

While Tedesco still has a year to run on his Wests Tigers contract, the Roosters have also signed former Parramatta veteran Michael Gordon but only on a one-year deal.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/rooste ... 9c5ff1c8d5
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters re-sign star young utility Connor Watson

CONNOR Watson has re-signed with the Sydney Roosters until at least the end of the 2018 NRL season. The 20-year-old was a shining light in an otherwise miserable year for the Roosters, with the speedy youngster providing plenty of much-needed spark in the halves in his first year at the top level.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney ... 7f5ca036e3