Canterbury Bulldogs 2016

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: Canterbury Bulldogs 2016

Post by simo »

The only people suffering are the rest of us that have read all this dribble.
Dont delete this GE
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Haha on that note Simo I'm out, I'll let Pigman waffle on to himself.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote:You're not very bright are you Pigman, it would be to benefit the wife and kids not myself, I'm prepared to suffer for my beliefs but not prepared to make others suffer for them, sort of ring a bell with my opposition to organised religion?
yeah, yeah, yeah. I get all that, i mean i dont see how benefit to your wife and kids isnt a personal benefit but i'll let that slide :lol:.
It's just i was led to believe that... and let me get the quotes right here...

"money is great but there are far more important things" ... perhaps such a principled man as you, one of those things might be to instil that sense of principle in your kids? But apparently not.

and "if you have a stroing belief, you shouldnt sell it out for personal gain"... unless of course you stumble into a wife and she spits out a kid, then the gloves come off and it's gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

and "not everyone is prepared to compromise their beliefs for personal gain"... this i cant dispute. That statement is absolutely true. Not everyone will compromise their beliefs for personal gain, but manbush would!

As i said, you'd sell out quicker than a Bieber concert if enough money was waved under your nose. You're not better than any one of us here, you fraud.
Its not that you're lying to the GH public that upsets me, it's worse. You're lying to yourself! :lol:
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

For the record I would sell out at the drop of a penny. For example - I'll sell this account. Who wants it? I'll start the bidding at $25.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raider Bell wrote:For the record I would sell out at the drop of a penny. For example - I'll sell this account. Who wants it? I'll start the bidding at $25.
WADN
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Solemn head nod.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Pigman wrote:
Manbush wrote:If I had a wife and kids I probably would've done the same, as it was it was only myself paying for my principles. Being single it's a lot easier to stick to your beliefs, with a family they have to come first as a single man my principles do.
So wait, are you someone willing to compromise your beliefs for personal gain or aren't you?
You can't get your story straight!

You're not for sale... Unless you had slightly different circumstances, in which case you'll put your principles on a pyre and send it down DeNile river!

Hahah
Ooooof, Manbush contradicting himself within a few posts here!! Fantastic stuff!!
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Not real impressed with Manbush et al bowing down to Simo's tanty - I'm still a while of Brighton Le Sands and could have done with the entertainment.

Sort it out, simo. I was enjoying said discussion.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Mate if you like to be punished than im not here to kink shame you. There are plenty of absolute bludgers of discussions going on around here. If all else fails, just listen to legends podcast from after the eels game.
Dont delete this GE
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

simo wrote:Mate if you like to be punished than im not here to kink shame you. There are plenty of absolute bludgers of discussions going on around here. If all else fails, just listen to legends podcast from after the eels game.
Hahaha no thanks.

You going tonight, yeah?
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Raider 85 wrote:
simo wrote:Mate if you like to be punished than im not here to kink shame you. There are plenty of absolute bludgers of discussions going on around here. If all else fails, just listen to legends podcast from after the eels game.
Hahaha no thanks.

You going tonight, yeah?
na mrs is patient zero at the moment. Ill be on the couch
Dont delete this GE
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

simo wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
Hahaha no thanks.

You going tonight, yeah?
Oh, dear. She must be third trimester - move out for the next 10 weeks, fam.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Raider 85 wrote:
simo wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
Hahaha no thanks.

You going tonight, yeah?
yep just entered the dirty third. Wish me luck, i can already see her finding my sense of humour less and less appealing
Dont delete this GE
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

simo wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
simo wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
Hahaha no thanks.

You going tonight, yeah?
yep just entered the dirty third. Wish me luck, i can already see her finding my sense of humour less and less appealing
Good luck, stud

Now, Manbush, do me a solid and retort.

Thanks in advance.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canterbury Bulldogs re-sign NRL rising stars David Klemmer and Moses Mbye

Canterbury have fended off interest from rival NRL clubs to re-sign star duo David Klemmer and Moses Mbye on four-year deals.

The contract extensions will keep the pair at the Bulldogs until at least the end of the 2020 season.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... p0rl6.html
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

7th tackle reporting Dogs close to re signing Des to 2019

So much for him getting fired

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Lenny Leonard wrote:7th tackle reporting Dogs close to re signing Des to 2019

So much for him getting fired

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hahaha that was always a silly rumour.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hand of God controversy in Canterbury Bulldogs win

An accidental knock-on and regather in the lead up to Will Hopoate's try midway through the second half has help seal the Bulldogs' 34-16 win over the Dragons on Monday afternoon.

In the unlikeliest comparisons in rugby league history, Williams evoked memories of Dally Messenger from over a century ago who forced a rule change when he used to throw and regather the ball over opposition defences.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/williams-pass-of-god ... fault.aspx
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

I suppose it's technically correct then.
But then if those are the rules, almost all forward passes are legal and should be play on.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Notaroboticfish wrote:I suppose it's technically correct then.
But then if those are the rules, almost all forward passes are legal and should be play on.
Yeah accidentally passing forward and over the top of the defence still meets the criterion of the rules. No way this has ever been called a try in rugby league and certainly not the intention of the rule.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The referee can't know the "intent". That's why it is always not permitted.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kasiano facing three-week suspension

Bulldogs forward Sam Kasiano is facing a three-week suspension after he was cited by the NRL match review committee on Friday morning.

Kasiano was slapped with a grade two dangerous contact head/neck charge for an incident involving Broncos captain Corey Parker in the 76th minute of the Bulldogs 20-10 loss at Suncorp Stadium.

The base charge for the offence carries 250 points, but Kasiano has a 50 per cent loading from a prior similar offence in the past two years, taking his charge to 375 points.

Kasiano can get a 25 per cent discount with an early guilty plea, reducing his points to 281, thus missing two matches. He would be available for the first week of the finals, and would then have to walk a tightrope in the finals with 81 carry-over points.

If Kasiano fights the charge at the NRL judiciary, he would risk a three game ban if found guilty.

NRL media
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Take the 2 weeks Sam and count yourself lucky it wasn't more. 2 weeks Means he's back week 1 of finals.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

Two is a bit of a laugh.
Deliberately kicked a bloke in the face, should be four or five.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Sun Coast Raider wrote:Two is a bit of a laugh.
Deliberately!? :roflmao
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Smith got no punishment when he kicked Luke in the head a couple of times, big Kas should fight it and hopefully get the extra week
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins

Notaroboticfish wrote:

When you are tackled around the legs by someone it stands to reason when you deliberately kick out it is likely to strike the person.
Cowards act. If you saw it and think it was accidental than I understand. It is one of those cheap shot things you can say was accidental but wasn't.
Like the old forearm to the face when you're the ball carrier...

Of course it is impossible to determine intent so maybe big Kas has a low blood pressure problem and is lacking feeling in his extremities. Therefore couldn't feel the arms and upper body of a 100KG bloke around his legs. Nor did he have any sense of where his feet where so pushed back to gain some sense of positioning. accidentally striking with some force the face of an opponent.

Or he took a cheap shot.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Scurry on back to Brisbane HQ little fella.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

When you are tackled around the legs by someone it stands to reason when you deliberately kick out it is likely to strike the person.
Cowards act. If you saw it and think it was accidental than I understand. It is one of those cheap shot things you can say was accidental but wasn't.

Of course it is impossible to determine intent so maybe big Kas has a low blood pressure problem and is lacking feeling in his extremities. Therefore couldn't feel the arms and upper body of a 100KG bloke around his legs. Nor did he have any sense of where his feet where so pushed back to gain some sense of positioning. accidentally striking with some force the face of an opponent.

Or he took a cheap shot.
Yes, it was definitely careless which is what you're saying in your first sentence. But Kasiano did not look behind him once and so there is no way you can call it deliberate.
Saying it is is as ridiculous as saying Cam Smith should've been suspended for kicking Isaac Luke last year.
Phoenix_Raider
David Grant

Post by Phoenix_Raider »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Or he took a cheap shot.
Yes, it was definitely careless which is what you're saying in your first sentence. But Kasiano did not look behind him once and so there is no way you can call it deliberate.
Saying it is is as ridiculous as saying Cam Smith should've been suspended for kicking Isaac Luke last year.
Yeah that's what i normally do when i get tackled, kick my leg back while trying to get up. Only to realise i have to actually put my foot on the ground to get my footing, not someone's face.
RAIDERS MEMBER #5036
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins

Phoenix_Raider wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Or he took a cheap shot.
Yeah that's what i normally do when i get tackled, kick my leg back while trying to get up. Only to realise i have to actually put my foot on the ground to get my footing, not someone's face.
No what I am saying in my first sentence is it is a very likely outcome. Kas knew if he kicked out he would get the player. I am willing to offer the big fella the benefit of he didn't know he would kick him square in the mouth but he knew he would get him. Played with enough grubs and thugs to have seen it before. He wasn't thrashing around it was obvious.

Anyhow matters not he will get two and the dogs are on the way out of the four I think.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Parker was clearly hanging on long after he should have let go. Not saying he deserved one in the chops but the dogs were defending their line and Parker was holding a player out of it. What did he expect was going to happen?
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

pickles wrote:Parker was clearly hanging on long after he should have let go. Not saying he deserved one in the chops but the dogs were defending their line and Parker was holding a player out of it. What did he expect was going to happen?
Dead right! Parker is crying like a wronged virgin, but his own act was as cynical as can be. Sam kicking out was wrong but was an inevitable consequence of an appalling refereeing display where every cheap shot seemed to be rewarded by the refs who lacked the guts to take control of the game.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

The amount of air time and headlines that incident has received is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Yeah it's all well and good for Parker to almost break Tedesco's face and not give a toss, citing he hasn't had a charge in his career.

God he's a pig.