Rumble down Penrith way

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Rumble down Penrith way

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith big men rumble
By James Hooper and Todd Balym
January 26, 2005

A HEATED physical altercation between former Australian prop Joel Clinton and Penrith teammate Ben Ross has led to both players being disciplined by Panthers management.

The former flatmates were hauled into Penrith headquarters to explain their actions after a confrontation boiled over in the Panthers gymnasium.

Clinton allegedly dropped Ross to the floor with one punch – but the former Australian frontrower denied this version of events.

"All it was was a personal issue. It had nothing to do with football or anything like that," Clinton said.

"We had a verbal argument, we got it out of our system and that was about it.

"There were no punches thrown – that's the rumours I heard going around, too, but it was just a verbal argument."

It is understood the dispute was sparked by an off-field matter before being swiftly resolved by Penrith officials.

ALMOST two years since his career looked to have come to a premature end, P. J. Marsh will return to rugby league next week in a trial game for Parramatta.

Marsh has joined six other new Eels signings in a 20-man squad to tackle the Sharks at Lismore's Oaks Oval on Saturday week.

It will be Marsh's first game for the Eels in three years, and his first since seriously injuring vertebrae in a tackle against the Eels in June 2003 when playing for the Warriors.

After an operation and three months in a neck brace failed, Marsh was sure he would not play again. However, another operation resulted in a full clearance from three doctors.

The gifted 24-year-old will start at halfback and is likely to get time at five-eighth.

Parramatta: Wade McKinnon, Ash Graham, Luke Burt, Daniel Wagon, Eric Grothe, John Morris, PJ Marsh, Adam Peek, Mark Riddell, Aaron Cannings, Nathan Cayless, Josh Cordoba, Dean Widders. Inter: Tim Smith, Timana Tahu, Ian Henderson, Paul Stringer, Henry Perenara, Michael Vella, Glenn Morrison.

The Courier-Mail
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How people think that Parramatta side is a whole lot better than the Raiders team is beyond me....
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

**** if i know greeneyd
i recon we will do a lot better than most think
Super Cronk
Peter Jackson

Post by Super Cronk »

eels are hopeless :roll:

anyway ,dust up between to guys...things should be all sweet come round 1.
"Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail"
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

calmbeforethestorm wrote:eels are hopeless :roll:

anyway ,dust up between to guys...things should be all sweet come round 1.
should be but the two have had troubles in the past so perhaps its an ongoing thing
Super Cronk
Peter Jackson

Post by Super Cronk »

oh ok..but i jsut expected the club would have had a talk and hopefully sorted things out.
"Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail"
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

calmbeforethestorm wrote:oh ok..but i jsut expected the club would have had a talk and hopefully sorted things out.
Lang will get a boot up the pair of them and that should be that for a while, id expect at least one more blow up before the end of year thou
Super Cronk
Peter Jackson

Post by Super Cronk »

:D hopefully on field
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I hope they keep decking eachother all season..... :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

:lol: :lol:
that would be cool but i doubt it, they will just deal with each other at training, but you wont see them hanging together often
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well I heard that the guys in Penriff like to hit eachother at the Leagues Club........ :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

greeneyed wrote:Well I heard that the guys in Penriff like to hit eachother at the Leagues Club........ :lol:
down here in westie town we are built tough, if your on the piss and you dont cop a stray one from a mate its simply not a true westie night out

the other week a cop a flush on off my mate trying to split him and another one up, that didnt work so i let him smash the silly **** :lol: