Confirmed NRL signings

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Confirmed NRL signings

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Another one for Parra. Chris Hicks :lol:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5969748297

That club it a joke. I will my put my name forward I'll bet they approach me :lol:
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Re: The rumour mill

Post by -GD- »

Tautai walks out on Sharks

Posted on December 11, 2010 by Mute

It appears that Cronulla Sharks forward Taulima Tautai has walked out on the team and will head to the English Super League for 2011.

Rumour has it that Tautai hasn’t been at pre-season training annd is upset with coach Shane Flanagan. Flanagan apparently will not guarantee him a bench sport and has told him he will start 2011 playing in NSW Cup.

Tautai, the former Parramatta Eels winger, spent 2010 with the Sharks and moved from the back line into the forwards towards to the end of the season. He was quite effective off the bench and was expected to be get more minutes there next season.

Tautai was re-signed by the Sharks for 2011 in September.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/page/2/
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Eric Grothe Jr retires immediately to concentrate on his music and media career
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Kyle 89 wrote:Eric Grothe Jr retires immediately to concentrate on his music and media career
Maybe i should check other threads before posting things that have already been announced
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Rumour: Could Piggy be a Rooster?

Posted on December 13, 2010 by Mute

Bondi bound?

Despite reports last week that Mark Riddell was all but signed by the Wests Tigers for 2011, there are now murmurs that the veteran hooker might be signing with the Sydney Roosters instead.

It was expected that Riddell and Tigers would make an announcement last week about the deal but still nothing has been made official.

With an injury to first choice hooker Anthony Watts that could see him sidelined for over 6 months, it does seem logical that the Roosters would be in the market for a backup hooker.

Riddell signed a three-year deal with English giants Wigan in 2009 but cut short his English deal to return home to be near his mother, who is fighting cancer.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rumour-piggy-rooster-552/
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

-GD- wrote:Rumour: Could Piggy be a Rooster?

Posted on December 13, 2010 by Mute

Bondi bound?

Despite reports last week that Mark Riddell was all but signed by the Wests Tigers for 2011, there are now murmurs that the veteran hooker might be signing with the Sydney Roosters instead.

It was expected that Riddell and Tigers would make an announcement last week about the deal but still nothing has been made official.

With an injury to first choice hooker Anthony Watts that could see him sidelined for over 6 months, it does seem logical that the Roosters would be in the market for a backup hooker.

Riddell signed a three-year deal with English giants Wigan in 2009 but cut short his English deal to return home to be near his mother, who is fighting cancer.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rumour-piggy-rooster-552/

Looks like they signed him

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5970556483
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Tautai... You're not even good and you're demanding a bench spot :arrow:
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

James McManus agrees to new Knights deal

Newcastle winger James McManus has signed a new contract with the Knights that will keep him at the NRL club until 2013.

"I love the town, I love the team and I am ecstatic that my fiancee Eshia and I get to stay here for the next three years," McManus said.

After a series of injuries limited him to just eight games in the 18 months following his 2009 NSW debut, McManus is fit and well prepared for the start of 2011.

"I spent six weeks in the off-season on the hills of King Edward park getting some miles under my legs.

"My body feels fit and healthy and I'm excited for what's to come in season 2011."

Knights Coach Rick Stone was pleased to announce the re-signing of the 24-year-old Scottish born McManus.

"It is a massive boost for our club at this time of year, James sets the standards in attention to detail and work ethic and his success since he has been in first grade is just reward for his hard work," Stone said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 18yhl.html
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Another player linked to the Eels

Paul Whatuira

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 18zl9.html

edit actually it looks like he has signed
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

That is a decent signing if it's true they have picked him up for a cheap incentive deal, whatuira has something to prove is still young enough and has already proved he is a nrl standard centre. If players like Toopi and Mogg can come back and contribute i see no reason why a 29 year old Paul Whatuira couldn't
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Simon Dwyer re-signs with Tigers until 2013.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/h ... 5972956822
Last edited by -GD- on December 20, 2010, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Paul Whatuira was always a handy player at the Tigers and Panthers..

Decent pickup IMO.
Poida_Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

The rumour mill

Post by Poida_Raider »

These are not rumours you are posting. Why don't we have a confirmed thread?
-GD-
Don Furner

The rumour mill

Post by -GD- »

Poida_Raider wrote:These are not rumours you are posting. Why don't we have a confirmed thread?
I have asked on a previous page if we can name it 'General NRL News and rumoured signings not worthy of their own thread'
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Former Manly and Bulldogs player Shane Neumann has signed with the Storm.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/stor ... 5972959759
Last edited by -GD- on December 20, 2010, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

The Official NRL Confirmed signings thread.

Post by dubby »

Can all "confirmed" signings please be posted with a link/source to authenticate please?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Poida_Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

The Official NRL Confirmed signings thread.

Post by Poida_Raider »

Hey nice thread people! :) haha
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Confirmed NRL signings

Post by Manbush »

Shaun Berigan to the Warriors, should be a good purchase.

Source courier Mail, will find link soon
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

manbush wrote:Shaun Berigan to the Warriors, should be a good purchase.

Not sure its confirmed yet but looks very likely.
i wonder where they will use him, he could play centre, hooker or off the bench as a utility. the warriors are short on centres with Tate gone and only really have Ropati and Moon who have played there or Mannering if they choose to move him from the 2nd row
BigDawg
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Wighton

Post by BigDawg »

Also confirmed in daily telegraph
2014, please be different.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Roosters utility Ben Jones joins North Queensland Cowboys

Steve Ricketts

NORTH Queensland have signed Junior Kangaroos skipper Ben Jones from the Roosters on a two-year deal.

Jones, 20, will arrive in Townsville today, and his ability to play centre, five-eighth and hooker will benefit the Cowboys, who will be without Test centre Brent Tate for a large part of the season as he recovers from a third knee reconstruction.

Jones has been a member of the Queensland State of Origin emerging squad and played for the Indigenous All Stars last year under Cowboys coach Neil Henry.

The Roosters wanted to keep Jones, especially since their new signing, former Cowboys hooker Anthony Watts, is likely to miss the season with an ankle injury, but salary cap pressure forced their hand.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5982009180
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

-GD- wrote:Tautai walks out on Sharks

Posted on December 11, 2010 by Mute

It appears that Cronulla Sharks forward Taulima Tautai has walked out on the team and will head to the English Super League for 2011.

Rumour has it that Tautai hasn’t been at pre-season training annd is upset with coach Shane Flanagan. Flanagan apparently will not guarantee him a bench sport and has told him he will start 2011 playing in NSW Cup.

Tautai, the former Parramatta Eels winger, spent 2010 with the Sharks and moved from the back line into the forwards towards to the end of the season. He was quite effective off the bench and was expected to be get more minutes there next season.

Tautai was re-signed by the Sharks for 2011 in September.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/page/2/
Ive heard Tautai is back at training with the Sharks after a weeks away.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

kiwi raider wrote:
manbush wrote:Shaun Berigan to the Warriors, should be a good purchase.

Not sure its confirmed yet but looks very likely.
i wonder where they will use him, he could play centre, hooker or off the bench as a utility. the warriors are short on centres with Tate gone and only really have Ropati and Moon who have played there or Mannering if they choose to move him from the 2nd row

Finally confirmed
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=10698597
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

I am speechless - the arrogance of Tautai, one of the most incompetent players I have ever seen, to demand a spot in the top 17 is unebelievable. He is unbelievably crap, even by Cronulla-backline standards.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Jamie Simpson to Huddersfield is confirmed

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/simpson-co ... -move-711/
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Cowboys sign Glenn Hall to 2012

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys are pleased to announce the signing of NRL premiership winner and Super League player Glenn Hall on a two-year deal.

Hall will join a new-look Cowboys side this season after leaving the Bradford Bulls earlier this month.

The 29-year-old made his NRL debut in 2002, going on to play 29 first grade games with the Bulldogs, South Sydney and the Sydney Roosters before heading to Manly in 2007.

There, he proved his strong work ethic, playing 65 games during a three year stint with the club, now boasting a total of 94 NRL games under his belt.

Hall was part of the Sea Eagles outfit when they snared the 2008 Grand Final against Melbourne.

A year later, he headed abroad, playing 28 games for Bradford.

The experienced front rower says North Queensland will be a welcome change of scenery, providing the perfect backdrop for his return to the NRL in Cowboys colours.

“Signing with the Cowboys is an ideal opportunity for me to better my football and re-join the NRL with a club heading in the right direction that boasts such a big support group,” Hall said.

“It’ll be great to get settled in at the club and take on a bit of a leadership role, especially with a lot of young blokes making their mark this year as well.”

Cowboys General Manager - Football Peter Parr agrees, saying the addition of Hall will be another boost to the remodelled North Queensland team.

“Glenn will give us a good balance of youth and experience when he comes on board,” Parr said.

“With a raft of young, promising players like James Tamou, Blake Leary, Leeson Ah Mau and Tariq Sims on the books, we know Glenn will be able to provide the guidance they need to blossom in 2011.”

http://www.cowboys.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=32889
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Glen Hall?

A surprising buy for NQ. I guess he has experience, something they are a bit short on in the backrow.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Utai hopes for West Tigers lifeline

Former premiership winning winger Matt Utai has spent the last week training with the Wests Tigers in hopes of receiving a career lifeline.

Sportsnewsfirst.com.au can reveal just months after being linked with the Parramatta Eels the 29-year-old former Bulldog who spent 2010 playing park football for the Auburn Warriors, where he captain-coached approached the club in search of a deal.

Wests Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphries confirmed the approach, but said Utai has not signed a contract with the club – with a decision to be made next week.

A year ago, the Tigers offered the Kiwi international a deal after he decided against a $130,000 deal to play in the English Super League with Celtic Crusaders.

It’s understood Utai’s former first grade coach at the Bulldogs Steve Folkes, the strength and conditioning coach for the Tigers, aided in brokering the deal to have him train with the club.

If he is to sign with the club, Sportsnewsfirst.com.au understands Utai will have to meet a number of fitness and physical credentials to obtain a second-tier deal with some clouds remaining over his fitness.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/utai-hopes ... z1CIqMQpqh

Not a confirmed "signing" but some news none the less.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Go Utai!!!!!
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Martin Kennedy re-signs with Roosters for 3 years

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5998332215
-GD-
Don Furner

Confirmed NRL signings

Post by -GD- »

Tuiaki from the Tigers has retired according to Triple M
Grant
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Josh Miller

Post by Grant »

Poida_Raider wrote:These are not rumours you are posting. Why don't we have a confirmed thread?
This was on the 1st page of the Rumour Mill
LimeGreenVictor in The Rumour Mill wrote:Hey, Peeps

This is the rumour mill for the NRL, if you have a rumour, scoop or confirmed signing for the season 2008/09 feel free to post it here.

Links don't have to acompany rumours as such but do so with confirmed signings and resignings, but with rumours you don't have to have sources, but don't go making up rumours... Thanks
Sorry for delay in posting.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Josh Morris re-signs for a further 3 years with the Dogs

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1axxl.html
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Matt Keating re-signs with Eels until 2013, Tim Mannah until 2014

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1aya1.html
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Kade Snowden all about loyalty ... unless

AT 1.15pm yesterday, NSW prop Kade Snowden told The Daily Telegraph exactly why he wanted to remain with Cronulla for the next two years.

"I'm old school," Snowden said. "I am all about loyalty and respect. That is the way I was brought up. I love Cronulla and all the boys are my best mates. Loyalty means a lot to me."

Fifty-five minutes later the precise extent of that loyalty was revealed when Snowden refused to attend his own press conference in the face of a $1.6 million counter offer, believed to be from the Newcastle Knights.

In a day of high drama, Cronulla trumpeted Snowden's retention in a press release that invited the media to interview him at Toyota Stadium at 2.30pm.

But Snowden did not show up after receiving a rich new offer - worth significantly more than Cronulla's - just 20 minutes before the press conference.

His going AWOL at the last minute has embarrassed Cronulla officials, who were forced to abruptly cancel the media conference without explanation.

Another press statement at that point read: "Confidential discussions are ongoing and we cannot go into details at this point in time."

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan and club chairman Damian Irvine held an emergency meeting yesterday afternoon at Cronulla Leagues Club and will meet with Snowden today in a bid to settle the drama.

It is not yet known whether Snowden will honour his deal.

"He was rattled by the phone call [with the offer]," Flanagan said.

"It was an offer for big, big money. His heading was spinning, so we gave him the afternoon off.

"Kade hasn't told us he won't honour the contract. We are hoping to sort it out. Kade is a good, solid kid. He is 100 per cent behind what we're doing."

Snowden has agreed to terms with Cronulla but has not formally signed a contract.

There was also a sub-plot to the new offer. Newcastle privately claimed it came from Nathan Tinkler, the multi-millionaire who is set to buy the club and is a massive fan of Snowden.

However, Tinkler's management vehemently denied they had made an offer.

Flanagan rang Newcastle chief executive Steve Burraston yesterday afternoon to ask whether Newcastle had made a late bid. Burraston denied it. "It's nothing to do with us," Burraston said.

Snowden had been in deep contract discussions with Knights coach Rick Stone in recent weeks. There were even suggestions he had agreed to terms.

A Tinkler Sports Group representative said last night: "We are making a bid for the Knights but until the members have their vote, it would be inappropriate, presumptuous and disrespectful to enter the player market."

Snowden, who made his NSW debut in Origin III last year, and his manager Todd Buckingham did not return calls last night.

But hours before, Snowden was more than happy to tell The Daily Telegraph of his desire to remain a Shark.

"Cronulla helped me out when things weren't good for me. When I was younger I didn't care much about footy. I was going out a lot,'' he said.

"I had to make a decision on whether I wanted to play footy or keeping going out. Cronulla helped me with that chance and I haven't looked back.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6007830294

Just sign Kade. You gave them your word.