Teams you love/hate to watch

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Do you find it as easy to get into a game that doesnt involve the Raiders?

Poll ended at January 26, 2005, 12:24 pm

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 16

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Teams you love/hate to watch

Post by paulquinn49 »

Just wondering if you watch any other teams apart from the Raiders?

I personally watch as much as I can and since VNRL I can watch almost any game and be interested.

Teams I LOVE to watch:

Sharks
Parramatta
Melbourne
St George
Souths

Teams I HATE to watch:

Roosters
Penrith
NZ Warriors
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

I can get into any game, because of tipping comps and VNRL im able to set one side against another and ride them home, not nearly as heavily into as i am with the raiders but i can get into any game

particually love to watching attacking teams that can pull out something magical at any time:

Penrith
Melbourne
Cowboys
Brisbane
NZ
Bulldogs
Roosters

Hate watching:
Newcastle
Sharks
Catherine
John Ferguson

Post by Catherine »

I hate to watch the Warriors when the telecast comes from NZ. I just can't stand those kiwi commentators.
Boing Boing
Simon Woolford

Post by Boing Boing »

I dont so much hate any teams, I just cant watch a channel 9 broadcast. Fatty and sterlo give the effin **** no end. I don't mind raqbs, a lot of people think he gets overexcited, but i thi8nk he brings some spark to a telecast.
Greenblooded
John Ferguson

Post by Greenblooded »

Catherine wrote:I hate to watch the Warriors when the telecast comes from NZ. I just can't stand those kiwi commentators.
I live in NZ so I have to put up with those clowns every week :shock:

I like watching the Broncos and Penrith. Can't say I hate watching any teams, especially at this time of the year when I'd watch a team of over 60's go at it just to see some footy.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

i voted "no", because nothing comes close to watching the mighty Raiders.i still love watching other matches of rugby league, just not as much as a Raiders game.

if i wasn't a Raiders fan i would definitely say that the Raiders are most boring - even i'm losing patience with them the way they've been playing. we may not be going too badly results wise, but we play a negative, disgusting brand of football. Wayne Bennett recently said about his Broncos that they were "playing football the way it was meant to be played". i doubt that anyone could say the same thing about the Raiders.

anyway, there are a few teams i particularly like to watch:

Roosters - let's face it, they can play football. and they've been my second team for a number of years.
Souths - i find them boring to watch, probably 'cos they lose so often, but i do have a soft spot for them 'cos i've lived in the area for a fair while.
Cowboys - as a team, they play quite simple and uninteresting football. but with players like Matt Bowen, Paul Rauhihi and Rod Jensen 8) i always like to watch Nth Qld.
NZ Warriors - can be extremely entertaining.
Melbourne - this is how Canberra would play if we were good. simple, up the middle tactics, like us, but they also know how to score a try and kick the ball, unlike us.
Manly - maybe it's the pace of guys like Brett Stewart and Scott Donald, maybe it's Michael Monaghan, but these guys are pretty decent at scoring tries.

teams i don't like watching play:

Parramatta - they continue to get airplay on channel 9, over and over again, and i'm sick of seeing them. plus, Brian Smith packs their side with no names.
Wests Tigers - a lack of electrifying players. plus, their games are often at those ugly grounds, Leichardt or Campbelltown.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

To be honest, I used to watch just about every second of any football game I could. Now I only go out of my way to watch the Raiders. I will watch the Channel 9 games, but often, they are not the best games as they are biased in favour of Sydney and Brisbane teams - and probably Newcastle. And I get sick of watching the Broncos or Parramatta going around every week....
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Like Watching

Cowboys
Warriors
Melbourne
Roosters (Just to watch the team I love to hate)
Manly (I could watch backline pace all day.. Brett Stewart in particular)

+++++++++

EDIT (or not): You can't say you hate the Roosters...... :lol: ;)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just testing RL18...
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

:lol: ok
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Luckily these days there are tipping comps and sports betting which makes it much easier to get involved in a match without the raiders in it :D
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Yes I do ... far easier than any other sport I follow ...

I'm a keen Collingwood supporter from way back and unless they are playing I generally wont get too envolved in a game of AFL.

I can watch any game of league but always notice that my heart rate increases when the Raiders are playing.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Collingwood? AFL? :o

I get fast heartbeat before any Raiders game... I get so nervous.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I broke 500 posts...... :)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

I follow abit of AFL, dont really have a team, just like watching teams i know people from, Brisbane, Port, Collingwood, Sydney and St Kilda are games i can watch. Outside them i dont want to know bout it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think AFL is the enemy.... won't watch it... just like I won't watch the Brumbies....
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

greeneyed wrote:Collingwood? AFL? :o
Once you have Collingwood in your blood there's not a lot you can do about it ... I started following them about 10 years before the Raiders entered the NSWRL.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

R 69... you had been catching me.. but I have streaked away again... you just don't seem able to overtake........ :lol:
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

AFL is evil melbournian propaganda, for $200 I will recondition you so that you will shudder everytime you here the word AFL :shock:
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

I like to watch melbourne and the cowboys.

Hate.. noone really.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

greeneyed wrote:R 69... you had been catching me.. but I have streaked away again... you just don't seem able to overtake........ :lol:
im all about prolonged pressure, it will only take a small slip up and ill be all over you like Micheal Jackson on a 10 year old boy!

the question is can you be a consistant 25+er
i can step up to a 40+ amd really put it on at any time, but im keeping myself at a steady pace, ill pick my moment and before you even know it BANG!
new #1 :D
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

I don't mind watchin the Swannies or the mighty Fremantle Dockers
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

AFL is a foul sport.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

AFL is a blight on our nation.
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

AFL is ok. It's Union that **** me
philgrahamsgirl
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by philgrahamsgirl »

I don't mind watching Leeds or Bradford, but any other NRL game is simply boring.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

philgrahamsgirl wrote:I don't mind watching Leeds or Bradford, but any other NRL game is simply boring.
Leeds and Bradford don't play in the NRL. They play in the ESL.
Super Cronk
Peter Jackson

Post by Super Cronk »

i dont mind wtaching the raiders play..esp back in the day with mullins..that guy was a freak. But nowadays players like graham{altho he didnt get a fair shot in 04} Schifcofske ...great player in defence and attack good to watch,Mogg also.

being a storm supporter love watching the storm play..esp with players like orford and slater...who can pull off some excellent stuff..

the broncos are good to watch as are the roosters.

i dont like watching souths, or the dragons play...just seem...too "boring" to me.
"Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail"
philgrahamsgirl
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by philgrahamsgirl »

greeneyed wrote:
philgrahamsgirl wrote:I don't mind watching Leeds or Bradford, but any other NRL game is simply boring.
Leeds and Bradford don't play in the NRL. They play in the ESL.
Fact :lol:

Ahhhh but (Do you find it as easy to get into a game that doesnt involve the Raiders?) and with others talking NFL or Aussie Rules or what ever, thought I'd slip a bit in about the Super League.
P.S Can we have a super league forum?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I like watching the NFL. It makes the off season go much faster.
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

love
crounlla
souths
cowboys
storm

hate
roosters
panthers
dragons
newcastle
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
Prodigiousman
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Prodigiousman »

Raider69 - mate you reckon you hate watching Newcastle and Cronulla but state you "particually love to watching attacking teams that can pull out something magical at any time"

With halfbacks of the calibre of Johns and Kimmorley and the way they play the term magic should apply to their attack when those two maestros are conducting the action!

Just wondering if there may be another reason you dislike those teams...
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

I hate watching Newcastle because i hate them all together, i hate johns with the passion of a 1000000 suns, Matt Giddley **** me to tears and the rest i couldnt give a **** about. Once Johns and Giddley retire ill enjoy watching them 8)

The sharks are too ill disaplined to enjoy, they give away penalties too often and it frustrates me when im watching them cause a team starts gathering momentum and leading up to a nice play and bettie or stevens or bailey etc give away a penalty and holts the movement.
Serial Thrilla
David Shillington

Post by Serial Thrilla »

Look, I love watching League! I dont care whos playing. Lets face it its the best sport! But Usually the way other teams go also effect the Raiders in term of ladder positioning.
aiii
Prodigiousman
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Prodigiousman »

Forget Bailey (a close 2nd), Beattie or Stevens!!!

the sharks undisputed penalty puller is one Danny NUTLEY!!!!!!